Matthias Andree | 8 Jun 01:18 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: [cvs] bogofilter/src bogoconfig.c, 1.223, 1.224 bogolexer.c, 1.87, 1.88 bogoutil.c, 1.222, 1.223

David Relson <relson <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Update of /cvsroot/bogofilter/bogofilter/src
> In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv30482
>
> Modified Files:
> 	bogoconfig.c bogolexer.c bogoutil.c 
> Log Message:
> Add --unicode=yes/no option.

David,

we've had enough of a mess with the run-time selectable transactional
support for Berkeley DB, please do not add another complexity bomb.

Whenever the system has iconv support with Unicode and UTF-8
(compile-time --disable switch only), we should arrange to use it,
EXCEPT if the database is in "RAW" format in which UTF-8 conversion is
pointless.

This is not something we should give the users a run-time choice
about. We wouldn't let users disable the MIME decoders either.

--

-- 
Matthias Andree
_______________________________________________
Bogofilter-dev mailing list
Bogofilter-dev <at> bogofilter.org
http://www.bogofilter.org/mailman/listinfo/bogofilter-dev

(Continue reading)

David Relson | 8 Jun 03:56 2005

Re: [cvs] bogofilter/src bogoconfig.c, 1.223, 1.224 bogolexer.c, 1.87, 1.88 bogoutil.c, 1.222, 1.223

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:18:41 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> 
> > Update of /cvsroot/bogofilter/bogofilter/src
> > In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv30482
> >
> > Modified Files:
> > 	bogoconfig.c bogolexer.c bogoutil.c 
> > Log Message:
> > Add --unicode=yes/no option.
> 
> David,
> 
> we've had enough of a mess with the run-time selectable transactional
> support for Berkeley DB, please do not add another complexity bomb.
> 
> Whenever the system has iconv support with Unicode and UTF-8
> (compile-time --disable switch only), we should arrange to use it,
> EXCEPT if the database is in "RAW" format in which UTF-8 conversion is
> pointless.
> 
> This is not something we should give the users a run-time choice
> about. We wouldn't let users disable the MIME decoders either.

Matthias,

You've already mentioned your concern.  If you'd looked closely, you'd
notice that the option is only in bogolexer and bogoutil.  In bogolexer
(Continue reading)

Matthias Andree | 8 Jun 10:07 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: [cvs] bogofilter/src bogoconfig.c, 1.223, 1.224 bogolexer.c, 1.87, 1.88 bogoutil.c, 1.222, 1.223

David Relson <relson <at> osagesoftware.com> writes:

> You've already mentioned your concern.  If you'd looked closely, you'd
> notice that the option is only in bogolexer and bogoutil.

Sorry, I missed that.

--

-- 
Matthias Andree
_______________________________________________
Bogofilter-dev mailing list
Bogofilter-dev <at> bogofilter.org
http://www.bogofilter.org/mailman/listinfo/bogofilter-dev

David Relson | 8 Jun 13:27 2005

Re: [cvs] bogofilter/src bogoconfig.c, 1.223, 1.224 bogolexer.c, 1.87, 1.88 bogoutil.c, 1.222, 1.223

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:07:27 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson <at> osagesoftware.com> writes:
> 
> > You've already mentioned your concern.  If you'd looked closely, you'd
> > notice that the option is only in bogolexer and bogoutil.
> 
> Sorry, I missed that.
> 

No problemo.
_______________________________________________
Bogofilter-dev mailing list
Bogofilter-dev <at> bogofilter.org
http://www.bogofilter.org/mailman/listinfo/bogofilter-dev

David Relson | 9 Jun 02:19 2005

bogofilter-0.94.14 - bugfix release

Greetings,

This release fixes a recovery failure problem that occurs when the
database environment is in a PANIC state.

########################################################################

Files are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bogofilter for
download.

Here are the md5sums for the release:

e54ecd4de9a8b0b14871b482b22ce0dc  bogofilter-0.94.14-1.i586.rpm
92d33384b54c1eb30f419481634c001a  bogofilter-0.94.14-1.src.rpm
59fa3eefc510458f786c893de271b819  bogofilter-0.94.14.tar.bz2
04107081ccd2ad7fef4256de0172fc3a  bogofilter-0.94.14.tar.gz
493040328da9f48412382ae504950910  bogofilter-static-0.94.14-1.i586.rpm

################################################################]

			       =================
				BOGOFILTER NEWS
			       =================

	!!!!!!!! READ THE RELEASE.NOTES !!!!!!!!

	Sections headed '[Incompat <version>]' and '[Major <version>]'
	are particularly important.  They describe changes that are
	incompatible with earlier releases or are significantly
	different.
(Continue reading)

Matthias Andree | 9 Jun 09:46 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: bogofilter-0.94.14 - bugfix release

David Relson <relson <at> osagesoftware.com> writes:

> This release fixes a recovery failure problem that occurs when the
> database environment is in a PANIC state.

Thanks for handling the release.

--

-- 
Matthias Andree
_______________________________________________
Bogofilter-dev mailing list
Bogofilter-dev <at> bogofilter.org
http://www.bogofilter.org/mailman/listinfo/bogofilter-dev

Clint Adams | 9 Jun 16:38 2005
Picon

0.94.14 problems on Debian/sparc

I've attempted the non-BDB backends on Debian/sparc for the first time,
and this is what I've run into.

* Debian ships the qdbm include files in /usr/include/qdbm, so I needed
  to append this to CFLAGS.

* db and qdbm builds passed the test suite.  sqlite failed initially
  (some locking issue), but I am unable to reproduce it.  tdb fails
  consistently.

make[6]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/bogofilter-0.94.14/obj-tdb/src/tests'
../../../src/tests/t._abort: line 6: 21947 Aborted                 ( ./abortme )
PASS: t.abort
PASS: t.env
PASS: t.ctype
PASS: t.bogodir
SKIP: t.leakfind
PASS: t.u_fpe
PASS: t.longoptions
PASS: t.ignore_spam_header
PASS: t.nullstatsprefix
PASS: t.integrity
PASS: t.integrity2
PASS: t.integrity3
PASS: t.passthrough-hb
PASS: t.escaped.html
PASS: t.escaped.url
PASS: t.split
PASS: t.parsing
PASS: t.lexer
(Continue reading)

Clint Adams | 9 Jun 20:31 2005
Picon

Re: 0.94.14 problems on Debian/sparc

> * db and qdbm builds passed the test suite.  sqlite failed initially

The sqlite problem happens erratically, and is

retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retrying registration after deadlock avoidance...
retry count exceeded, giving up.
FAIL: t.lock3

_______________________________________________
Bogofilter-dev mailing list
Bogofilter-dev <at> bogofilter.org
http://www.bogofilter.org/mailman/listinfo/bogofilter-dev

(Continue reading)

Matthias Andree | 10 Jun 00:28 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: 0.94.14 problems on Debian/sparc

Clint Adams <schizo <at> debian.org> writes:

> I've attempted the non-BDB backends on Debian/sparc for the first time,
> and this is what I've run into.
>
> * Debian ships the qdbm include files in /usr/include/qdbm, so I needed
>   to append this to CFLAGS.

Yes. The Debian package is installing qdbm headers into a nonstandard
location (default is ${prefix}/include), so Debian will have to locally
provide for the proper CPPFLAGS (not CFLAGS!)

> * db and qdbm builds passed the test suite.  sqlite failed initially
>   (some locking issue), but I am unable to reproduce it.  tdb fails
>   consistently.

t.lock3 is timing sensitive, and sqlite appears to be quite fast in
starting up, so we'll exhaust the dozen retries in no time when several
processes compete.

I'd suggest to patch Makefile.in before configure runs so the test suite
doesn't run t.lock3 for sqlite for now, we'll need to increase the
aborted transaction retry count or switch to a timeout. This would match
the FreeBSD port, check the pre-configure option:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/mail/bogofilter-sqlite/Makefile?rev=1.3

REINPLACE_CMD is an "in-place" capable sed(1), or you could use
perl -pli -e

(Continue reading)

Clint Adams | 10 Jun 04:56 2005
Picon

Re: 0.94.14 problems on Debian/sparc

> Yes. The Debian package is installing qdbm headers into a nonstandard
> location (default is ${prefix}/include), so Debian will have to locally
> provide for the proper CPPFLAGS (not CFLAGS!)

Right.

> I'd suggest to patch Makefile.in before configure runs so the test suite
> doesn't run t.lock3 for sqlite for now, we'll need to increase the

Okay.

> t.abort without backtrace? Try allowing coredumps so we get a backtrace

Ah, oops.

../../../src/tests/t._abort: line 6:  3968 Aborted                 (core dumped) ( ./abortme )
>>> Using core file "./core".
>>> Using exec file "./abortme".
>>> Running command: gdb -nw -r -batch -nx -x script.gdb.3969 -silent ./abortme ./core </dev/null
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `./abortme'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x700f3164 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6
<<< SIMPLE BACKTRACE <<<
#0  0x700f3164 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x700f2e34 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x700f42e8 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x000104c4 in main () at ../../../src/tests/abortme.c:13
<<< FULL BACKTRACE <<<
#0  0x700f3164 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6
(Continue reading)


Gmane