Jacques Belin | 1 Nov 13:18 2006

Re: BeckyNews doesn't work anymore suddenly


Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 13:39:23,
Jonathan Thor Lim <thor@...> a écrit:

> Is it because Becky latest version doesn't work with BeckyNews and
> FreePops anymore?

Bknews works as usual on my side... 

Jacques
(Using P166 - Ram: 256MB -  Win95 OSR 2.5 - Becky 2.27 [fr]) 
-- 
The last man connected to the Net was browsing some old WebSites.
"You have new mail" appeared on the screen...
--------------------------- adapted from a short Fredric Brown's story

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/

(Continue reading)

Jacques Belin | 1 Nov 17:50 2006

Re: Becky! Ver. 2.28 released


Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 20:14:39,
Yeff <zoomie@...> a écrit:

> <http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm>
> 
> Ver.2.27 -> Ver.2.28 (2006/10/31)

French version is available at :
   http://jbelin.free.fr/becky/bk22800-fr.zip

Jacques
(Using P166 - Ram: 256MB -  Win95 OSR 2.5 - Becky 2.28 [fr]) 
-- 
The last man connected to the Net was browsing some old WebSites.
"You have new mail" appeared on the screen...
--------------------------- adapted from a short Fredric Brown's story

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
(Continue reading)

shtik | 1 Nov 21:07 2006
Picon
Picon

Communication problems sending e-mail

Hello:

I keep getting error messages from Becky saying "A communication problem occurred on sending e-mail.
...". 
Then, when I click the icon for sending mail from the Outbox, the mail is being
sent.  Does anyone else experience this problem?

I know that Adelphia is preparing for a transfer to Roadrunner (Time Warner),
and this may very well be the problem.  Anyone in Californina (where the change
to  <at> roadrunner will soon take place) having had the same problem?  Or in Ohio,
for that matter, where I am?

Hans L

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
(Continue reading)

Franco Gornati | 1 Nov 18:57 2006
Picon

Re: Auto Forward

Jody Holmes <skwire@...> wrote
>*
>Quoting Franco Gornati <francogornati@...>
>on Tuesday, October 31, 2006  <at>  10:44 AM
>
>> Just a question more. I receive emails with Content-Type: text/plain;
>> charset="US-ASCII"; format="flowed" that are displayed as ISO-8859-15
>> Latin 9 instead of 7bit ASCII.
>> 
>> They have two different fonts and somehow even the font of the mail
>> list is affected by this charset. Am I missing something here? Is there
>> a way to keep at least the font in the mail list?
>
>This is a bug (I see the same behaviour on three Becky installs). 
>However, I'm not sure if Carty (Tomohiro Norimatsu) is aware of it. 
>Care to write him a bug report?  If so, carty@... is his email.

Apparently it depends on the setting of "ANSI code page used by the
editor" in Language Settings. 0 works fine.

Franco

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
(Continue reading)

Jonathan Thor Lim | 2 Nov 04:16 2006
Picon

Re: BeckyNews doesn't work anymore suddenly

Hi Jacques Belin

Thanks for the input. I really am clueless as to why BKNews not working
on my Becky. I reinstalled it, yet it still doesn't show up under the
pluing list in Becky or anywhere else.

The only other thing I can think of is I installed of late another RSS
plugin called BFR -  Feed Reader Plugin beside Becky RSS Viewer Plugin
which I did a long time ago without any problem.

Any Idea? anyone?

Thanks again in advance

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:18:43 +0100
Jacques Belin <jbelin@...> wrote:

> 
> Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 13:39:23,
> Jonathan Thor Lim <thor@...> a écrit:
> 
> > Is it because Becky latest version doesn't work with BeckyNews and
> > FreePops anymore?
> 
> Bknews works as usual on my side... 
> 
> Jacques
> (Using P166 - Ram: 256MB -  Win95 OSR 2.5 - Becky 2.27 [fr]) 
> -- 
> The last man connected to the Net was browsing some old WebSites.
(Continue reading)

Jody Holmes | 2 Nov 05:51 2006
X-Face
Face
Picon

Re: Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?

*
Quoting Jonathan Thor Lim <thor@...>
on Wednesday, November 01, 2006  <at>  10:49 PM

> Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?

No.

> Also, what or which is the best RSS/Atom Feed for Becky?

I use the "Becky! RSS Viewer PlugIn! By Clavier[Changeboy]" plugin for
some basic feeds.  However, almost all of my RSS reading is done with
RSS Bandit (http://www.rssbandit.org).

-- 
Jody Holmes  |  skwire@...              \/ 15
Skwire       |  http://www.skwire.net         _/\_
"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it." S. Dali

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
Yahoo! Groups Links

(Continue reading)

Jonathan Thor Lim | 2 Nov 13:08 2006
Picon

Re: Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?

Hi Jody Holmes

Would u think it's easy for Carty do include News In Becky besides POP n
IMAP?

I mean a News program 8 years ago can still work today right? Meaning
nothing much has changed in usenet/news.

Outlook Express which I don't think is half as good as Becky can do News..

Just a thought out of fustration with BKNews not working..

Regards,
Jonathan

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:51:00 -0600
Jody Holmes <skwire@...> wrote:

> *
> Quoting Jonathan Thor Lim <thor@...>
> on Wednesday, November 01, 2006  <at>  10:49 PM
> 
> > Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?
> 
> No.
> 
> > Also, what or which is the best RSS/Atom Feed for Becky?
> 
> I use the "Becky! RSS Viewer PlugIn! By Clavier[Changeboy]" plugin for
> some basic feeds.  However, almost all of my RSS reading is done with
(Continue reading)

Odd H. Sandvik | 2 Nov 13:38 2006
Picon

Re: Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?

Jonathan Thor Lim wrote:
> Hi Jody Holmes
> 
> Would u think it's easy for Carty do include News In Becky besides POP n
> IMAP?

Maybe you should ask Carty? ;)

> I mean a News program 8 years ago can still work today right? Meaning
> nothing much has changed in usenet/news.
> 
> Outlook Express which I don't think is half as good as Becky can do News..
> 
> Just a thought out of fustration with BKNews not working..

Have you considered using a standalone news program, like Gravity
40tude or some such?

-- 
Odd H. Sandvik

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
(Continue reading)

Yeff | 2 Nov 23:40 2006
X-Face

New Becky! Ver. 2.28.01

<http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm>

Ver.2.28 -> Ver.2.28.01 (2006/11/02)
- BUGFIX: The program abnormally terminated when an address group whose
  name contains () was specified as a recipient in the Compose window.
- BUGFIX: In the Reminder folder, the scheduled date that is more than
  a year later was not displayed.
- The reminder items show different icons depends on the delivery mode in
  the Reminder folder.

-- 

-Jeff B.                    Becky! Internet Mail v2.27.00
zoomie@...          Windows XP Home ver2002 (sp2)

--

-- 
Plug-ins for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/links/Plug_ins_001010085884

Upload a wish-list for Becky:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/files/Wish-lists/

Unsubscribe:
beckymail-unsubscribe@... 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckymail/

<*> Your email settings:
(Continue reading)

Jonathan Thor Lim | 2 Nov 23:22 2006
Picon

Re: Is there an alternative to BKNews in Becky?

Hi Odd H. Sandvik

I must apologise for posting that BKNews not working. It was awhile ago
that I took the tick off the plugin list on BKNews inside Becky plugins
settings and forgot all about it. I went the Tool-General Setup-Advance-
Plug-ins tab and found out and remembered what must had happened.

Needless to say I got BKNews back.

Thanks and sry for posting unnecessarily.

Regards,
Jonathan

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:38:01 +0100
"Odd H. Sandvik" <thechronic@...> wrote:

> Jonathan Thor Lim wrote:
> > Hi Jody Holmes
> > 
> > Would u think it's easy for Carty do include News In Becky besides POP n
> > IMAP?
> 
> Maybe you should ask Carty? ;)
> 
> > I mean a News program 8 years ago can still work today right? Meaning
> > nothing much has changed in usenet/news.
> > 
> > Outlook Express which I don't think is half as good as Becky can do News..
> > 
(Continue reading)


Gmane