IMAP - I'm stumped with this
Okay, I set up a new IMAP account. SSL, pretty straightforward. But it
doesn't work. Before I pull all my hair out, I figured some of you may
see something that I am not.
1. After setting up account I tested by sending one message. That worked
fine. However, after the later attempt to read incoming, I can no longer
send messages, without encountering the error message of Becky's shutdown.
2. Then, I sent a message to the account from another account. I can
read the message, but when I attempt to reply I get an error message.
But the email still goes through. The error message is of such
significance that Becky does a somewhat controlled shutdown with a
message to that effect. By 'somewhat' there is also a Windows message
also appeared to shut Becky down.
3. After turning every IMAP option on and off I tested with
Thunderbird. Everything worked fine. Sending and receiving.
4. An initial concern was I didn't understand why Becky showed so many folders,
such as a trash and sent folder for inbox and a trash and sent folder
for outbox. Thunderbird showed only one of each.
5. All of the account settings, protocol log and messages are at
Any insight will be welcome. Thanks,