Petri Helin | 1 Sep 09:11 2007

Re: [ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Petri Helin wrote:
> 
>>> Please try the attached patch which adds VPID clipping to some locations.
>> I can gladly tell you that now there are several "00 00 01" blocks in 
>> the sample.ts file. So something has changed to better. But for some 
>> reason I am unable to play the sample.ts file. This is what mplayer 
>> tells me when I try to replay:
> 
> I can play the sample TS file you've sent me with
> 
> 	mplayer -vc ffh264 sample.ts
> 
> mplayer incorrectly chose mpeg12 in your case, as it doesn't expect
> H.264 in the TS's PES packets.
> 

Whatever I try, I am not able to play the TS capture. But that's not a 
big deal.

>> I am now also able to record h.264 encoded programs, just like mpeg2 
>> encoded, and as a result xxx.vdr files are created. But still, i cannot 
>> replay them either.
> 
> Stock xine-lib-1.1.7 or higher can play those files. You may also want
> to use vdr-xine-0.7.11 with a patched xine-lib-1.1.8 or stock xine-lib-1.2.
> 

(Continue reading)

Reinhard Nissl | 1 Sep 10:14 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: [ANNOUNCE] H.264 updates for VDR-1.5.9

Hi,

Petri Helin wrote:

>>> I am now also able to record h.264 encoded programs, just like mpeg2 
>>> encoded, and as a result xxx.vdr files are created. But still, i cannot 
>>> replay them either.
>>
>> Stock xine-lib-1.1.7 or higher can play those files. You may also want
>> to use vdr-xine-0.7.11 with a patched xine-lib-1.1.8 or stock xine-lib-1.2.
> 
> Yes, I have now tried with the current xine-lib (1.1-branch) from 
> mercury and I can actually play the 001.vdr file. Nice! Yesterday I just 
> hastily tested with mplayer.

Sure, it's odd that mplayer cannot play such 001.vdr files at the
moment. I already had a look into mplayer's source and discovered why
mplayer chose the wrong codec, but I'm still waiting for someone else to
fix this issue. Digging around in the hardly known code of FFmpeg and
now also mplayer plus creating patches eats a lot of time.

>> NOTE: be aware that FFmpeg doesn't support interlaced streams properly
>> at the moment. It typically crashes after a few frames. In my
>> xine-lib.patch for xine-lib-1.1.8 I've therefore disabled decoding of
>> interlaced frames (more or less properly).
> 
> Xine does not crash, but the playback is really slow and there are 
> "ghost effects" in the picture. Xine puts out this kind of messages all 
> the time:
> 
(Continue reading)

Boguslaw Juza | 1 Sep 16:52 2007
Picon

EPG charset

    Hi!

I upgraded my VDR from 1.5.1 to 1.5.9 yesterday. Its work fine, but
I have a question:

In some channels I have the EPG with characters in ISO-8859-2. These
chars are replaced to '?'. How can I set EPG charset in VDR?
It would be useful an option in setup.conf - EPGCharset = ISO-8859-2

                                     Boguslaw Juza

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Klaus Schmidinger | 1 Sep 17:32 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset

On 09/01/07 16:52, Boguslaw Juza wrote:
>     Hi!
> 
> I upgraded my VDR from 1.5.1 to 1.5.9 yesterday. Its work fine, but
> I have a question:
> 
> In some channels I have the EPG with characters in ISO-8859-2. These
> chars are replaced to '?'. How can I set EPG charset in VDR?
> It would be useful an option in setup.conf - EPGCharset = ISO-8859-2

The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
that string to the character set used on your system.

So the only thing you can change is the character set on your system
(or at least the shell that runs VDR).
If you receive channels that use different kinds of character sets, you
may want to use UTF-8. In that case you should see all characters
correctly, no matter which character set the broadcatser uses.

Unless, of course, the broadcaster doesn't set the character set
encoding correctly according to the DVB standard. The German "Premiere"
pay tv provider is notorious for this...

Klaus

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
(Continue reading)

Boguslaw Juza | 1 Sep 18:28 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
> that string to the character set used on your system.

Which function do this conversion and where?

                                      Boguslaw Juza

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Stone | 1 Sep 18:47 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset



On 9/1/07, Boguslaw Juza <bogdan <at> uci.agh.edu.pl> wrote:
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
> that string to the character set used on your system.

Which function do this conversion and where?

Why not just  "export LANG="  at the beginning of your startup script to set the locale?

BR.


_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
Boguslaw Juza | 1 Sep 20:52 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Stone wrote:

> On 9/1/07, Boguslaw Juza <bogdan <at> uci.agh.edu.pl> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
>>> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
>>> that string to the character set used on your system.
>> Which function do this conversion and where?
>
> Why not just  "export LANG="  at the beginning of your startup script to set
> the locale?

I have set it to pl_PL.ISO-8859-2 . If I'll set it to pl_PL.UTF-8, 
characters are not displayed correctly. But are not converted to '?' :).

                                     Boguslaw Juza

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Boguslaw Juza | 1 Sep 21:26 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
> that string to the character set used on your system.

Well, I found this piece of code and check returned charset tags.
It was lots of numbers for this channel - f.e. 109, 90, 54, 82, 52, 74, 
49, 83, 80, 86, 49, 65, 85, 83...

So I set:

const char *cs = "ISO-8859-2";

in getCharacterTable() in si.c and its much better :).

                                      Boguslaw Juza

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr

Stone | 1 Sep 21:39 2007
Picon

Re: EPG charset



On 9/1/07, Boguslaw Juza <bogdan <at> uci.agh.edu.pl> wrote:
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Stone wrote:

> On 9/1/07, Boguslaw Juza <bogdan <at> uci.agh.edu.pl> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
>>> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
>>> that string to the character set used on your system.
>> Which function do this conversion and where?
>
> Why not just  "export LANG="  at the beginning of your startup script to set
> the locale?

I have set it to pl_PL.ISO-8859-2 . If I'll set it to pl_PL.UTF-8,
characters are not displayed correctly. But are not converted to '?' :).

When you do export LANG to pl_PL.ISO-8859-2, does VDR say the locale is recognized on startup?

Regards.


_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr
Udo Richter | 1 Sep 21:58 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: vdr 1.5.9 + xineliboutput 1.0.0rc2

Gergely TAMAS wrote:
> Does someone have a patch which enables xineliboutput 1.0.0rc2 to work
> with vdr 1.5.9 ?

There's an official patch on the dev' web page:
http://phivdr.dyndns.org/vdr/vdr-xineliboutput/

(You'll need both, the 1.5.3 patch and the 1.5.9 patch)

Cheers,

Udo

_______________________________________________
vdr mailing list
vdr <at> linuxtv.org
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr


Gmane