jean7491-Events-Team | 2 Feb 16:25 2011
Picon

Remember - IRC meeting tomorrow Thursday 03/02/2011 at 21.00 hr.

Hi to all,

Remember - next IRC meeting  tomorrow Thursday 03/02/2011 at 21.00 hr. 
on #ubuntu-be -- IRC (http://webchat.freenode.net/).

See agenda in wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings

-- 
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
wouter Vandenneucker | 3 Feb 23:42 2011
Picon

Ubuntu-be Tshirts: update

Hi everyone


It's been over a week since I first talked to you about the special pre-order period we have for our Ubuntu-be Tshirts.
Today I can tell you a few new things:


  • First of: they arrived! Yes indeed we finally have them. As we said already we'll be sending all your orders after Fosdem.




  • Third thing I'd like to share with you guys it that our sales are going well. I'm glad to tell you we allready sold 1/4th of our entire stock!


This being said I'm happy that things are going well. I also hope our shirts will please everyone who bought one (or more)!


Kind regards




Wouter Vandenneucker
<div>
Hi everyone<br><br><br>It's been over a week since I first talked to you about the special pre-order period we have for our Ubuntu-be Tshirts.<br>Today I can tell you a few new things:<br><br><br><ul><li>First of: they arrived! Yes indeed we finally have them. As we said already we'll be sending all your orders after Fosdem.</li></ul>
<br><br><ul><li>Second: You can still order a shirt at Fosdem for &euro;12 and for &euro;13 (inc shipment) on the webform:<br><a href="https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&amp;formkey=dFBJTlJBcGJtdFc0cEZNMlFfaVU0Z3c6MQ#gid=0">https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&amp;formkey=dFBJTlJBcGJtdFc0cEZNMlFfaVU0Z3c6MQ#gid=0<br></a>For those who still want to buy the shirt but tend to postpone this: Hurry up, you only have three days left!</li></ul>
<br><br><ul><li>Third thing I'd like to share with you guys it that our sales are going well. I'm glad to tell you we allready sold 1/4th of our entire stock!</li></ul>
<br><br>This being said I'm happy that things are going well. I also hope our shirts will please everyone who bought one (or more)!<br><br><br>Kind regards<br><br><br><br><br>Wouter Vandenneucker<br>
</div>
Jan Claeys | 4 Feb 02:13 2011
Picon

Ubuntu <at> FOSDEM 2011

Hello all,

This weekend is FOSDEM [1] again, so I hope to meet a lot of Ubunteros
there...  :-)

Those of you in the Ubuntu community who come to FOSDEM but didn't put
their name on the wiki yet, please do:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fosdem/2011

We will also have Ubuntu lanyards and paper cards to put your name on at
the booth that you can use to make yourself identifiable.  It would be
nice if you bring them back on Sunday before you leave so that we can
reuse them in the Belgian LoCoTeam, but if you forget make sure you keep
it for your next Ubuntu/FLOSS event.  Of course if you still have a
lanyard from UDS or another Ubuntu event, feel free to bring it with you
instead.  Recycling is good!  ;)

The Ubuntu booth will be in the hallway (as usual).  For those who put
their name on the wiki as booth volunteers: thank you!  There are
currently 9 names on the list, and somebody told me that he would
probably help too, so that means there are enough people to give
everybody the chance to see some talks.

Building the booth starts around 9h, people start to come in around
9h30-10h.

If you have interesting hardware running Ubuntu to show off, or you know
a nice presentation/video/software about Ubuntu or related projects,
feel free to bring them with you.

The last 2 editions of FOSDEM we went out on Saturday evening to eat
with a group of people from the Ubuntu community.  For people interested
in doing this again, we'll keep a list at the booth and call a couple of
restaurants in the late afternoon or early evening to see if some place
can take us.  Currently I found 2 places that are really not expensive
(so the students and others on a small budget can come along) and near
the city center:

      * Al Jannah, the Lebanese mezze (snack) restaurant we went last
        year, prices 10-15 € last year IIRC
      * Amadeo, specialised in spareribs à volonté ("all you can eat"),
        prices 13-17 € for a main course

Both places also have vegetarian food.
(If you know an alternative place to try, please let me/someone know at
the booth.)

I hope we all will have fun!

[1] For those who don't know FOSDEM: it's probably the biggest
non-commercial community-organised event for developers of Free Software
& Open Source.  http://fosdem.org/2011/

-- 
Jan Claeys

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
jean7491-Events-Team | 4 Feb 17:34 2011
Picon

Dringend : hulpaanvraag - Dipro Computer beurs te Kortrijk 06/02

Hallo allemaal,

Ondanks mijn hulpaanvragen op 22/01 en 28/01 is de minimum ploeg nog 
niet voldoende bemand.
We hebben dringend hulp nodig van ten minste 1 vrijwilliger!
Het volstaat enkele uren met ons door te brengen, schrijf je in via 
email in de ploeg!
Afspraak: zondag 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in de zaal XXL van het 
MeetingCenter in Kortrijk XPO. Oprijden via parking 2.

mvg,
---
Hi to all,

Despite my calls on 22/01 and 28/01, the minimum team is not yet complete.
We urgently need help, at least 1 volunteer !
Please spend a few hours on promoting Ubuntu on 06/02 and join the team.
RV Sunday 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in the room XXL of the MeetingCenter in 
Kortrijk XPO. Access via parking 2.

Regards,
-- 

jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
jean7491-Contact-group | 4 Feb 17:49 2011
Picon

IRC meeting 03/02/2011 – Report

IRC meeting 03/02/2011 – Report
Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, mongolito404, 
massimo21, clamam, woutervddn, Jean7491

1. Past and future events
  a. Dipro fair Ghent 30/01/2011
Good fair, but the team was not complete (only 2 volunteers).

  b. Dipro fair Kortrijk 06/02/2011
Team composition: 2 (confirmed) and 1 (to be confirmed). We need more 
volunteers ! Please add your names in the wiki page 
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Kortrijk_2011-02-06

  c. FOSDEM 2011 Brussels - 05-06/02/2011
See mail from JanC on 04/03/2011 at 02.10 h.in the mailing list . 
Subject: [Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu  <at>  FOSDEM 2011.

  d. Hobby and computers days - Antwerp 26-27/02/2011
Ubuntu-be will organize a booth during the 2 days. Therefore, we need  
at least 2x4 volunteers. A few names are already in, but not enough.
Willing to help promoting Ubuntu ?  Please add your names in the wiki 
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerp_2011-02-26-27

  e. Digital week 2011 - 28/02-04/03/2011
Already scheduled on 03/03/2011: presentation (2 sessions) of Ubuntu in 
the public library – Ostend
wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek-2011
More information: http://www.digitaleweek.be/organisatie/ubuntu-belgië
An Information-day will be organized in Niel on 26/02 by Computer club 
Monitor.

2. Promotion
  a. t-shirts for Ubuntu-be - Update
T-shirts were delivered. Sale will start at FOSDEM 2011. You can 
pre-order your t-shirts till 06/02 (at promotional price), with delivery 
after 06/02.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFBJTlJBcGJtdFc0cEZNMlFfaVU0Z3c6MQ#gid=0
25% of the stock is already pre-ordered.
Thanks to Wouter and Bram for the work on this issue !

  b. Ubuntu promotion material for fairs/events : a few ideas
- Flyers Ubuntu-be a6 (2011)
We need more new ideas/designs for new flyers 2011. First proposal is in 
the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsFlyers2011.
massimo21 is working on the same base and will publish another proposal 
in the wiki.
Please add your proposals/comments in the mailing list for discussion 
(and in the wiki).
Deadline: 01 June 2011

- it is suggested to buy rollups to improve our booths: which design? 
Ubuntu (be?) logo or another ? Estimated price: 60 euros. First 
proposals are already in. Please add your proposals in the wiki page: 
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsRollup2011
woutervddn will ask Canonical if they have rollups available?

3. Update Wiki and Web-site
We should have a page (text and pictures) on the wiki and/or web-site 
describing what we do at Dirpro fairs and other events to ease 
recruitment and to be used as reference when aswering to questions.
In general, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoComputerFairHowto
It is suggested to promote our work/hobby on Facebook, in the wiki and 
web-site, hoping to get people joining us.
woutervddn (and mongolito404) will work on this issue.
A large update of the wiki should be started (later).

4. Other questions
A meeting IRL of interested Ubunteros is suggested  (Meet & Drink - 
Ubuntu Hour), in a "central location", Discussion will be launched in 
the mailing list.

5. Next IRC meeting on Thursday 10/02/2011 at 21.00 hr.

-- 
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
Member of the contact-team Ubuntu-be.org

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
wouter Vandenneucker | 5 Feb 11:30 2011
Picon

Ubuntu-be Tshirts

For those who are at Fosdem (and JanC in special).
The amount of shirts that are pre ordered is still at 25 shirts:
Mannen M   6
Mannen L 7
Mannen XL 9
Mannen XXL 3

So there isn't a change there.  My apologies for not sending this mail on friday,I totally forgot.

Kind regards


Wouter Vandenneucker
<div>
For those who are at Fosdem (and JanC in special).<div>The amount of shirts that are pre ordered is still at 25 shirts:</div>
<div>Mannen M &nbsp; 6</div>
<div>
<div>Mannen L<span class="Apple-tab-span">	</span>7</div>
<div>Mannen XL<span class="Apple-tab-span">	</span>9</div>
<div>Mannen XXL<span class="Apple-tab-span">	</span>3</div>
</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>So there isn't a change there. &nbsp;My&nbsp;apologies for not sending this mail on friday,I totally forgot.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Kind regards</div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Wouter Vandenneucker</div> 		 	   		  </div>
Koen | 5 Feb 20:57 2011
Picon

Re: Dringend : hulpaanvraag - Dipro Computer beurs te Kortrijk 06/02

Dag Jean, 

Twee uurtjes kan ik me vrij maken: van 9:30 u. tot 11:30. Is dit
voldoende? 

Koen Wybo  

Op vrijdag 04-02-2011 om 17:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
jean7491-Events-Team:
> Hallo allemaal,
> 
> Ondanks mijn hulpaanvragen op 22/01 en 28/01 is de minimum ploeg nog 
> niet voldoende bemand.
> We hebben dringend hulp nodig van ten minste 1 vrijwilliger!
> Het volstaat enkele uren met ons door te brengen, schrijf je in via 
> email in de ploeg!
> Afspraak: zondag 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in de zaal XXL van het 
> MeetingCenter in Kortrijk XPO. Oprijden via parking 2.
> 
> mvg,
> ---
> Hi to all,
> 
> Despite my calls on 22/01 and 28/01, the minimum team is not yet complete.
> We urgently need help, at least 1 volunteer !
> Please spend a few hours on promoting Ubuntu on 06/02 and join the team.
> RV Sunday 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in the room XXL of the MeetingCenter in 
> Kortrijk XPO. Access via parking 2.
> 
> Regards,
> -- 
> 
> jean7491
> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
> 
> 

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
jean7491-Events-Team | 5 Feb 21:31 2011
Picon

Re: Dringend : hulpaanvraag - Dipro Computer beurs te Kortrijk 06/02

Hallo Koen,

Ja zeker, het is ook de drukste periode van de beurs.

mvg,

jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

Le 05/02/11 20:57, Koen a écrit :
> Dag Jean,
>
>
> Twee uurtjes kan ik me vrij maken: van 9:30 u. tot 11:30. Is dit
> voldoende?
>
>
> Koen Wybo
>
>
> Op vrijdag 04-02-2011 om 17:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
> jean7491-Events-Team:
>> Hallo allemaal,
>>
>> Ondanks mijn hulpaanvragen op 22/01 en 28/01 is de minimum ploeg nog
>> niet voldoende bemand.
>> We hebben dringend hulp nodig van ten minste 1 vrijwilliger!
>> Het volstaat enkele uren met ons door te brengen, schrijf je in via
>> email in de ploeg!
>> Afspraak: zondag 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in de zaal XXL van het
>> MeetingCenter in Kortrijk XPO. Oprijden via parking 2.
>>
>> mvg,
>> ---
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> Despite my calls on 22/01 and 28/01, the minimum team is not yet complete.
>> We urgently need help, at least 1 volunteer !
>> Please spend a few hours on promoting Ubuntu on 06/02 and join the team.
>> RV Sunday 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in the room XXL of the MeetingCenter in
>> Kortrijk XPO. Access via parking 2.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -- 
>>
>> jean7491
>> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
>>
>>
>
>

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
Koen | 5 Feb 21:48 2011
Picon

Re: Dringend : hulpaanvraag - Dipro Computer beurs te Kortrijk 06/02

Is 9:30 u. gepast voor jou of heb je het liever wat vroeger om dingen
klaar te zetten? 

Koen 

Op zaterdag 05-02-2011 om 21:31 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
jean7491-Events-Team:
> Hallo Koen,
> 
> Ja zeker, het is ook de drukste periode van de beurs.
> 
> mvg,
> 
> jean7491
> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
> 
> 
> Le 05/02/11 20:57, Koen a écrit :
> > Dag Jean,
> >
> >
> > Twee uurtjes kan ik me vrij maken: van 9:30 u. tot 11:30. Is dit
> > voldoende?
> >
> >
> > Koen Wybo
> >
> >
> > Op vrijdag 04-02-2011 om 17:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
> > jean7491-Events-Team:
> >> Hallo allemaal,
> >>
> >> Ondanks mijn hulpaanvragen op 22/01 en 28/01 is de minimum ploeg nog
> >> niet voldoende bemand.
> >> We hebben dringend hulp nodig van ten minste 1 vrijwilliger!
> >> Het volstaat enkele uren met ons door te brengen, schrijf je in via
> >> email in de ploeg!
> >> Afspraak: zondag 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in de zaal XXL van het
> >> MeetingCenter in Kortrijk XPO. Oprijden via parking 2.
> >>
> >> mvg,
> >> ---
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> Despite my calls on 22/01 and 28/01, the minimum team is not yet complete.
> >> We urgently need help, at least 1 volunteer !
> >> Please spend a few hours on promoting Ubuntu on 06/02 and join the team.
> >> RV Sunday 06/02/2011 - 09.30 hr. in the room XXL of the MeetingCenter in
> >> Kortrijk XPO. Access via parking 2.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -- 
> >>
> >> jean7491
> >> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> 

--

-- 
ubuntu-be mailing list / mailto:ubuntu-be <at> lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-be
Massimiliano Lentini | 6 Feb 12:44 2011
Picon

Proposed new Flyer

Hi,

I revisited Wouter's allready outstanding design of the flyer (With the 
approval of Wouter) and made also a new one.
The proposed designs can be foud at the next URL
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsFlyers2011
If someone want's to work on one of the allready existing designs feel 
free to ask for the .SVG files.

I hope to see a few more designs and/or see a few comments to make the 
designs better.

Grtz,
Massimiliano


Gmane