Rich Shepard | 8 Nov 22:35 2011

TeXlive Package Manager

   I've downloaded, built, and run the past two TeXlive packages from
slackbuilds.org. They work fine. Now I need to install an additional package
(tocloft), but have no local database file:

[root <at> salmo ~]#  tlmgr install tocloft
/usr/share/texmf/bin/tlmgr: open(/usr/share/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb) failed: No
such file or directory at /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 327.

   Has anyone here successfully run tlmgr and can advise me what to do?

TIA,

Rich
Robby Workman | 8 Nov 23:47 2011
Picon

Re: TeXlive Package Manager

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:35:14 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard <at> appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    I've downloaded, built, and run the past two TeXlive packages from
> slackbuilds.org. They work fine. Now I need to install an additional
> package (tocloft), but have no local database file:
> 
> [root <at> salmo ~]#  tlmgr install tocloft
> /usr/share/texmf/bin/tlmgr: open(/usr/share/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb)
> failed: No such file or directory
> at /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 327.
> 
>    Has anyone here successfully run tlmgr and can advise me what to
> do?

http://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/13.37/office/texlive/README.tlpkg

-RW
Rich Shepard | 9 Nov 00:00 2011

Re: TeXlive Package Manager

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, Robby Workman wrote:

> http://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/13.37/office/texlive/README.tlpkg

Robbie,

   Ah, so! Re-reading this reminds me that I did read it, but paid no
attention until someone on the LyX mail list suggested tocloft, and the
instructions for that use tlmgr.

   Regardless, I manually installed the package just as I have before.

Thanks for the reminder,

Rich
Noel Butler | 9 Nov 00:53 2011
Picon

screen scollback console weirdness

Hey all,

I have a issue with only one server, it's been bugging me for ages,
because I configure all servers the same in the "base OS" (identical HP
hardware)...
Now, once logged in (tried using a dummy sec a/c so its not root
related) and if use shift page-up, the scrollback shifts back one page
as normal, but instantly returns to the end (prompt), holding it down
for multi pages back yields same result, now, if I logout, and use
shift-page up, the blasted thing works as normal and I can see the
"history", as mentioned, used different account, and /etc/profile is
identical for all machines ad in inputrc and everything related to
keyboard that I can see.

This occurred out of the blue only a few months back, I put it down to
the new KVM at the time, but lately I been thinking it couldn't be given
once we've logged out, it works.

This does not happen if logged in via ssh, and no system changes were
made, would anyone have any suggestions on where to look next? It's just
a nitpick annoyance, not a performance one, but I like as much
perfection as possible :)

Cheers
Noel

_______________________________________________
slackware mailing list
(Continue reading)

Rich Shepard | 14 Nov 22:36 2011

Connecting LibreOffice Data to PostgreSQL via ODBC

   Has anyone here set up a connection between LibreOffice and postgres using
ODBC (or JDBC)? If so, please provide pointers on where I can tell LO to
find the ODBC file it wants.

Rich
Rich Shepard | 25 Nov 18:41 2011

Upgrading bash

   The loss of line wrapping in virtual terminals affects all those I've
tested (aterm, Eterm, roxterm, rxvt, urxvt, wterm) and occurred about the
same time I switched from rxvt to urxvt. In my ignorance I see only one
common factor: the shell. I've no idea what controls line wrapping rather
than shifting to the left, and wonder if replacing bash-4.1.007-i486-1 with
bash-4.1.10 from -current might fix the problem.

   All ideas, suggestions, and recommendations on how I can restore wrapping
of long command lines is appreciated.

Rich
Darren Austin | 25 Nov 18:54 2011
Picon

Re: Upgrading bash

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   The loss of line wrapping in virtual terminals affects all those I've
> tested (aterm, Eterm, roxterm, rxvt, urxvt, wterm) and occurred about the
> same time I switched from rxvt to urxvt. In my ignorance I see only one
> common factor: the shell. I've no idea what controls line wrapping rather
> than shifting to the left, and wonder if replacing bash-4.1.007-i486-1 with
> bash-4.1.10 from -current might fix the problem.

You might want to try putting your .bash_profile (and/or .profile if it's 
there), .bashrc and .inputrc in a pastebin and sending the link here.

Also include the /etc/profile and /etc/inputrc *if* you have modified them 
in anyway - but only if you've modified them.

D.

--

-- 
Y2K isn't until 2048.
1K = 1024, right?
Ottavio | 25 Nov 19:04 2011
Picon

Re: Upgrading bash

On 25 November 2011 17:54, Darren Austin <lists <at> afterdark.org.uk> wrote:
> You might want to try putting your .bash_profile (and/or .profile if it's
> there), .bashrc and .inputrc in a pastebin and sending the link here.

You could also create another temporary user and see if it is affected
by the same problem.
Alternatively rename the above mentioned dot files and recreate them
from /etc/skel

--

-- 
Ottavio

qemu-users: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qemu-users/
Rich Shepard | 25 Nov 19:19 2011

Re: Upgrading bash

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Darren Austin wrote:

> You might want to try putting your .bash_profile (and/or .profile if it's
> there), .bashrc and .inputrc in a pastebin and sending the link here.

Darren,

   All the shell related dot files are in a tarball that can be obtained with
wget from http://www.aracnet.com/~rshepard/temp-files/dot-files.tgz.

> Also include the /etc/profile and /etc/inputrc *if* you have modified them
> in anyway - but only if you've modified them.

   No, I don't modify those, only the copies in ~/.

   BTW, I invoked zsh and selected option 0 to not create any init scripts.
When I entered a very long command line it wrapped. So, I must have done
something (inadvertently or as a side effect of something else) to bash.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich Shepard | 25 Nov 19:23 2011

Re: Upgrading bash

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Ottavio wrote:

> Alternatively rename the above mentioned dot files and recreate them
> from /etc/skel

Ottavio,

   I moved them to other names (.NO*) and opened a new terminal. Still shifts
rather than wraps. Darn!

Rich

Gmane