Nicolas Lécureuil | 1 Nov 09:51 2011
Picon

Re: [cooker-commits] [svn-commit] r709040 - cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:49 AM, emuse <svn-commit <at> mandriva.com> wrote:
> Author: emuse
> Date: Tue Nov  1 08:49:57 2011
> New Revision: 709040
>
> Modified:
>   cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS/libdbusmenu.spec
>
> Log:
> - rebuild

Why ?

--

-- 
Regards
Nicolas Lécureuil
Mandriva KDE Lead Dev
Mandriva KDE Manager
France

Frank Kober | 1 Nov 10:44 2011

Re : Re: [cooker-commits] [svn-commit] r709040 - cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS

> De : Nicolas Lécureuil <neoclust <at> gmail.com>

>> Modified:
>>   cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS/libdbusmenu.spec
>>
>> Log:
>> - rebuild
>
> Why ?
>
Rebuild of clementine fails since its libindicate BR cannot be installed.

So I was trying to rebuild libindicate with the following result in autotools 
configure:
---
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.18
                               gio-2.0 >= 2.18
                               dbusmenu-glib >= 0.2.2
                               dbus-glib-1 >= 0.76) were not met:

No package 'dbusmenu-glib' found
----

I figured that dbusmenu needed rebuild, probably this is not true

Any help appreciated

Regards
Frank

(Continue reading)

Nicolas Lécureuil | 1 Nov 11:35 2011
Picon

Re: Re : Re: [cooker-commits] [svn-commit] r709040 - cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Frank Kober <emuse <at> mandriva.org> wrote:
>> De : Nicolas Lécureuil <neoclust <at> gmail.com>
>
>>> Modified:
>>>   cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS/libdbusmenu.spec
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> - rebuild
>>
>> Why ?
>>
> Rebuild of clementine fails since its libindicate BR cannot be installed.
>
> So I was trying to rebuild libindicate with the following result in autotools
> configure:
> ---
> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.18
>                               gio-2.0 >= 2.18
>                               dbusmenu-glib >= 0.2.2
>                               dbus-glib-1 >= 0.76) were not met:
>
> No package 'dbusmenu-glib' found
> ----
>
> I figured that dbusmenu needed rebuild, probably this is not true
>
> Any help appreciated

then use better commit logs than "rebuild" because this explains nothing

(Continue reading)

Matthew Dawkins | 1 Nov 14:44 2011
Picon

Re: Re : Re: [cooker-commits] [svn-commit] r709040 - cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS



2011/11/1 Nicolas Lécureuil <neoclust <at> gmail.com>
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Frank Kober <emuse <at> mandriva.org> wrote:
>> De : Nicolas Lécureuil <neoclust <at> gmail.com>
>
>>> Modified:
>>>   cooker/libdbusmenu/current/SPECS/libdbusmenu.spec
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> - rebuild
>>
>> Why ?
>>
> Rebuild of clementine fails since its libindicate BR cannot be installed.
>
> So I was trying to rebuild libindicate with the following result in autotools
> configure:
> ---
> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.18
>                               gio-2.0 >= 2.18
>                               dbusmenu-glib >= 0.2.2
>                               dbus-glib-1 >= 0.76) were not met:
>
> No package 'dbusmenu-glib' found
> ----
>
> I figured that dbusmenu needed rebuild, probably this is not true
>
> Any help appreciated

then use better commit logs than "rebuild" because this explains nothing

--
Regards
Nicolas Lécureuil
Mandriva KDE Lead Dev
Mandriva KDE Manager
France

Well the soname/major changed for libdbusmenu-glib from 1 to 4, maybe it's looking for the old version?
Rolf Pedersen | 1 Nov 20:21 2011
Picon

[Bug 64657] New: gnome-power-manager shows phantom battery after resume

https://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=64657

              Bug #: 64657
        RPM Package: gnome-power-manager-2.32.0-3.src.rpm
            Summary: gnome-power-manager shows phantom battery after resume
     Classification: Mandriva Linux
            Product: Mandriva Linux
            Version: 2011 LTS
           Platform: i586
                URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1286780/images/2011-11-01--132
                     0174221_1024x768_scrot.png
         OS/Version: Linux
             Status: NEW
           Severity: normal
           Priority: normal
          Component: Core Packages
         AssignedTo: triage <at> mandriva.com
         ReportedBy: rolfpedersen <at> mindspring.com
          QAContact: bugs <at> mandrivalinux.org

Machine is Sony Vaio PCG-FRV37
Installation is from
ftp://ftp.mandriva.ru/EduMandriva/iso/2011/Mandriva.2011.lxde.lxde-europe.i586-152.2011.09.18-17.44.iso
$ cat /etc/mandriva-release Mandriva Linux release 2011.0 (Official) for 
i586
$ uname -r
2.6.38.8-desktop-nrj.69mib

After resume from suspend, there is a second, phantom battery status 
message in
the gpm applet.  AFAICT, there is a working patch, see links.  Thanks.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/764055

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/675108

Steve Morris | 1 Nov 21:53 2011
Picon

Re: [2011] When is the Production Version of 2011 going to be Released?


On 25/10/11 07:19, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 24.10.2011 21:45, schrieb Steve Morris:
>> Hi,
>>     There are a number of issues in 2011, particularly with kde, that 
>> lead me to question whether the production version of 2011 has been 
>> released yet. Can someone tell when it will be.
>>
>> regards,
>> Steve
>>
> As you can see from 
> http://blog.mandriva.com/en/2011/08/28/mandriva-2011-hydrogen-is-out/
> the "production version" was already released 2 months ago.
>
Thanks Florian. I had updated from 2010.1 to 2011 via my isp's 2011 
mirror repositories, and the performance of that 2011 was horrendous, 
not to mention all the bugs that were present up to sending my original 
email.

Subsequently I have installed a 2 TB hard disk and have reinstalled 2011 
from scratch from an iso I downloaded from my isp, and have encountered 
some very serious issues with it (ignoring the fact that tailoring of 
what packages are installed is now no longer available, hence I cannot 
specify that I don't want packages like Firefox and Thunderbird 
installed, because they are too old).

Ignoring this issue, the most serious issue I have encountered is that I 
partitioned my 320 GB hard disk that I was putting the Mandriva /home 
and /boot partitions on with the Mandriva partition manager during the 
install, and the Mandriva partition manager destroyed the partition 
table on the hard disk, even though the installer claimed it had 
successfully installed the distribution. I tried the partitioning 
process several times, and the disk was unusable every time because the 
partition table had been removed.

Also, having been able to get the distribution usable by partition the 
hard disk using other tools, when I boot I get a message flash on the 
screen of:     Fatal: module IDE_CD_MOD cannot be found. If the module 
name is meaningful I don't understand why Mandriva is trying to find it, 
because I don't have any hardware that would require that module.

Because installation tailoring is no longer available, I could not 
configure the process to install gnome, hence it only installed kde. I 
have subsequently installed from the repositories Task-Gnome which 
pulled in Task-Gnome-Minimal and 48 other packages, which I assume 
constitutes the entire Gnome desktop, otherwise the Task-Gnome meta 
package would have pulled in a lot more packages. When I now get to the 
kdm login screen, and specify my userid and password, I am not given the 
option of selecting which desktop I want to start, like every other 
version of Mandriva all the way back to Mandrake 5 has done, how is this 
desktop selection achieved in the 2011 environment?

Also, as a side issue, because I am using a tri-boot system between Win 
7, Mandriva and Ubuntu, I made sure that Mandriva was installed last 
because I wanted Mandriva's grub boot environment in the MBR rather than 
the current Grub2 environment from Ubuntu. When I booted Ubuntu I 
upgraded it to the current Ubuntu version, which unfortunately wrote its 
Grub2 environemnt to the MBR, overwriting Mandriva's (The main issue 
this caused was that as far as Ubuntu's grub was concerned the Mandriva 
environment didn't exist, hence did not make the menus). As the Mandriva 
iso is now a live cd as well as an installer, I booted into the live cd 
and used MCC/boot configuration process to attempt to put Mandriva's 
grub process back into the MBR, but this put the environment in what it 
considered to be the MBR, rather than the real MBR. In the 2011 
environment, how does one put Mandriva's grub environment in the MBR if 
the installed system is not available to be booted from?

regards,
Steve

Attachment (samorris.vcf): text/x-vcard, 182 bytes
Florian Hubold | 1 Nov 23:29 2011
Picon

Re: [2011] When is the Production Version of 2011 going to be Released?

Am 01.11.2011 21:53, schrieb Steve Morris:

[...]
>
> Because installation tailoring is no longer available, I could not configure 
> the process to install gnome, hence it only installed kde. I have 
> subsequently installed from the repositories Task-Gnome which pulled in 
> Task-Gnome-Minimal and 48 other packages, which I assume constitutes the 
> entire Gnome desktop, otherwise the Task-Gnome meta package would have pulled 
> in a lot more packages. When I now get to the kdm login screen, and specify 
> my userid and password, I am not given the option of selecting which desktop 
> I want to start, like every other version of Mandriva all the way back to 
> Mandrake 5 has done, how is this desktop selection achieved in the 2011 
> environment?
Seems you missed all the news around Mandriva Linux 2011.0.
Only officially supported desktop environment is KDE, there are
only LiveDVD media anymore, and the installation media are now
image-based rather than package based, so the only choice
you have is to install or not to install at all.

Steve Morris | 2 Nov 10:45 2011
Picon

Re: [2011] When is the Production Version of 2011 going to be Released?

On 02/11/11 09:29, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 01.11.2011 21:53, schrieb Steve Morris:
>
> [...]
>>
>> Because installation tailoring is no longer available, I could not 
>> configure the process to install gnome, hence it only installed kde. 
>> I have subsequently installed from the repositories Task-Gnome which 
>> pulled in Task-Gnome-Minimal and 48 other packages, which I assume 
>> constitutes the entire Gnome desktop, otherwise the Task-Gnome meta 
>> package would have pulled in a lot more packages. When I now get to 
>> the kdm login screen, and specify my userid and password, I am not 
>> given the option of selecting which desktop I want to start, like 
>> every other version of Mandriva all the way back to Mandrake 5 has 
>> done, how is this desktop selection achieved in the 2011 environment?
> Seems you missed all the news around Mandriva Linux 2011.0.
> Only officially supported desktop environment is KDE, there are
> only LiveDVD media anymore, and the installation media are now
> image-based rather than package based, so the only choice
> you have is to install or not to install at all.
>
I have understood the install process, but my problem is that having 
installed the system I have now also (I believe) installed Gnome from 
the repositories, but when I get to the login screen I do not get the 
choice of logging to Gnome or KDE as was presented in all other versions 
of Mandriva. How do we get the choice now in 2011 given both are installed?

regards,
Steve

Attachment (samorris.vcf): text/x-vcard, 182 bytes
Florian Hubold | 2 Nov 10:48 2011
Picon

Re: [2011] When is the Production Version of 2011 going to be Released?

Am 02.11.2011 10:45, schrieb Steve Morris:
> On 02/11/11 09:29, Florian Hubold wrote:
>> Am 01.11.2011 21:53, schrieb Steve Morris:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Because installation tailoring is no longer available, I could not 
>>> configure the process to install gnome, hence it only installed kde. I have 
>>> subsequently installed from the repositories Task-Gnome which pulled in 
>>> Task-Gnome-Minimal and 48 other packages, which I assume constitutes the 
>>> entire Gnome desktop, otherwise the Task-Gnome meta package would have 
>>> pulled in a lot more packages. When I now get to the kdm login screen, and 
>>> specify my userid and password, I am not given the option of selecting 
>>> which desktop I want to start, like every other version of Mandriva all the 
>>> way back to Mandrake 5 has done, how is this desktop selection achieved in 
>>> the 2011 environment?
>> Seems you missed all the news around Mandriva Linux 2011.0.
>> Only officially supported desktop environment is KDE, there are
>> only LiveDVD media anymore, and the installation media are now
>> image-based rather than package based, so the only choice
>> you have is to install or not to install at all.
>>
> I have understood the install process, but my problem is that having 
> installed the system I have now also (I believe) installed Gnome from the 
> repositories, but when I get to the login screen I do not get the choice of 
> logging to Gnome or KDE as was presented in all other versions of Mandriva. 
> How do we get the choice now in 2011 given both are installed?
>
> regards,
> Steve
>
Maybe just use another DM, like GDM or XDM?

Nicolas Pomarède | 2 Nov 10:53 2011
Picon

Re: [2011] When is the Production Version of 2011 going to be Released?

Le 02/11/2011 10:45, Steve Morris a écrit :
> I have understood the install process, but my problem is that having
> installed the system I have now also (I believe) installed Gnome from
> the repositories, but when I get to the login screen I do not get the
> choice of logging to Gnome or KDE as was presented in all other versions
> of Mandriva. How do we get the choice now in 2011 given both are installed?
>
> regards,
> Steve

That's a problem many encountered ; you need to change the login theme 
used by KDM in KDE preference manager to use a theme that provide the 
default button we used to have in previous version (and that are now 
considered useless for the default target users of mandriva...).

The Air theme has these button IIRC.

Nicolas


Gmane