Bryce Harrington | 1 Oct 23:27 2004

Oct '04 OSDL Test Performance Summary Report


             Test Performance Summary Report - 2004 October
             ----------------------------------------------

                 ~~~~~~~~~~ Compilation Status ~~~~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~ LTP ~~~~~~~   ~Hackbench~
                 ia32 ia64 ppc32 ppc40x sparc spc64 alpha   PASS FAIL WARN BROK   #Proc  Time
 linux 2.4.27    ok   FAIL FAIL  FAIL   ok    ok    ok      7235    3    3    6   100  18 sec
 linux 2.6.7     ok   FAIL FAIL  ok     ok    ok    FAIL    7225    6    3    6   100  10 sec
 linux 2.6.8.1   ok   FAIL FAIL  ok     ok    ok    FAIL    7229    5    3    6   100  10 sec

  Contents:

     * Introduction
     * Linux Test Project (LTP) Results Show Four New Regression Problems
     * New Open POSIX Testsuite Now Available
     * Reaim Performance Results Show a Small Performance Loss
     * AIO-Stress Test Results Identified Problems and Proved Solution
     * STP 3.0.7 released
     * Andrew Morton Gives Talk at OSDL About Kernel Development and Testing
     * PostgreSQL in the Lab
     * About This Report

Introduction
============
   Welcome to the second report from the OSDL Test and Performance
   Department. There was no new kernel release in the past month, but
   several release candidates for 2.6.9 have been released. Our test
   results and analysis for these interim releases are included in this
   report.

(Continue reading)

Sagi Rotem | 3 Oct 20:13 2004
Picon

Problem using gcov kernel patch 2.6.5

Hi,
I had installed Suse 9.1 with kernel 2.6.5 and applied the patch.
The patch was downloaded today from the cvs.
during compilation of the kernel I had the following error.
 CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
init/built-in.o(.text+0x5c6): In function `global constructors keyed to envp_init_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x5e6): In function `global constructors keyed to root_mountflags_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2266): In function `global constructors keyed to rd_prompt_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2276): In function `global constructors keyed to initrd_load_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2286): In function `global constructors keyed to md_run_setup_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x3e26): more undefined references to `__gcov_init' follow
 
I had seen the problem reported by Jerone Young at 12/7/04 and a patch was delivered ?
Where can I find this patch ? is it already in the revision I has checked out today ?
 
Also does lcov support branch/function coverage data ? I had seen positive answers in the mail thread as well as negative ones.
 
thanks in advance,
 
Sagi Rotem
 
 
Nigel Hinds | 4 Oct 19:12 2004
Picon

Re: Problem using gcov kernel patch 2.6.5


Sagi,  I suspect you are using the compiler with the SLES9 distro.  This compiler has some know problems.

In SLES9 SuSE modified the kernel as well as the gcc 3.3.3 compiler. The changes make it impossible to run a gcov-patched SLES9 kernel.  First, the SLES9-gcc has modifications to the GCOV structures used by the gcov-patch.  These changes are a mixture of gcc 3.3 and 3.4 structures.  This means that you can not compile a gcov-patched vanilla kernel with the SLES9 compiler,  Furthermore, the SLES9 kernel source can not compiled by a vanilla gcc compiler.

At this time we have no timetable for a gcov-patch fix.  

Let me know if this explanation does not fit your situation.

Thanks.




"Sagi Rotem" <sagi_rotem-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
Sent by: ltp-list-admin-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org

10/03/2004 02:13 PM

       
        To:        <ltp-list-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org>
        cc:        
        Subject:        [LTP] Problem using gcov kernel patch 2.6.5



Hi,
I had installed Suse 9.1 with kernel 2.6.5 and applied the patch.
The patch was downloaded today from the cvs.
during compilation of the kernel I had the following error.
 CC      init/version.o
 LD      init/built-in.o
 LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
init/built-in.o(.text+0x5c6): In function `global constructors keyed to envp_init_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x5e6): In function `global constructors keyed to root_mountflags_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2266): In function `global constructors keyed to rd_prompt_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2276): In function `global constructors keyed to initrd_load_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x2286): In function `global constructors keyed to md_run_setup_GCOV':
: undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
init/built-in.o(.text+0x3e26): more undefined references to `__gcov_init' follow
 
I had seen the problem reported by Jerone Young at 12/7/04 and a patch was delivered ?
Where can I find this patch ? is it already in the revision I has checked out today ?
 
Also does lcov support branch/function coverage data ? I had seen positive answers in the mail thread as well as negative ones.
 
thanks in advance,
 
Sagi Rotem
 
 
Marty Ridgeway | 8 Oct 00:18 2004
Picon

[ANNOUNCE] October Release of LTP now available


Changes in the October LTP release:

LTP-20041007
- Applied fix from patch 1037010, submitted by mator.
- Changes from Kris Wilson on RH specific changes
- Changes from the security team testcases
- Add HOWTO for pci tests
- Changes for pci testcases
- Disable -std=c99 and -peandtic flags in writetest's Makefile.  Some users
of very old gcc versions
  had problems with this, but it looks like those versions of gcc will
still compile it ok.
- Fix typo and add log statement if a failure on loading the test module
- Changes requested from the security team for fix PPC64 error
- Small fix to chown03 and fchown04.  tst_tmpdir() call was happening in a
spot that would cause
  it to break under certain automation environments.
- un-spamify fork11 test
- Fix getrlimit02.  Rajeev Tiwari <rajeevti@...> pointed out that
RLIMIT_NLIMIT was now too
  low in the usr include files for newer kernels to cause this to fail.
Defined a new high one that
  ought to work for the forseeable future.
- Overhaul madvise02.  Removed some invalid testcases, fixed one case that
was an invalid failure, and a lot of cleanup
- Changes from SuSE for mincore tests
- Changes from Ihno for Itainium failures
- Changes from SuSE for setdomainname tests
- Changes submitted from SuSE for sethostname
- Changes to fix statfs03 error on trying to write to protected directory
- Change to fix defect 10947, failure on tmp directory
- Applied IA64 specific patch from Jacky Malcles:

Linux Test Project
Linux Technology Center
IBM Corporation

Internet E-Mail : mridge@...
IBM, 11501 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX  78758
Phone (512) 838-1356 - T/L 678-1356 - Bldg. 908/1C005
Austin, TX.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Jin, Gordon | 8 Oct 11:57 2004
Picon

ltp-full-20040908 failures on x86_64


Hi all,

I run ltp-full-20040908 on x86_64(in 64bit mode) and got following failures:

tag=mincore01 stime=1096423017
mincore01    3  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 12 : Cannot allocate memory - expected 14
tag=madvise02 stime=1096423017
madvise02    6  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
madvise02    7  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
tag=pwrite03 stime=1096423046
pwrite03    1  FAIL  :  pwrite() returned 7, expected -1, errno:14
pwrite03    2  FAIL  :  pread() fails, EFAULT, unexpected errno:0, expected:14
tag=statfs03 stime=1096423106
statfs03    1  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 20 : Not a directory - expected 13
tag=swapon02 stime=1096423113
swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed swapon for file swapfile32returned -64
swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
LTP test suite is recommended
swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
LTP test suite is recommended
tag=write03 stime=1096423328
write03     1  FAIL  :  write(2) failed to fail

This is my first time to get LTP result on x86_64, so I'd like to hear comments for above failures from this list.
I guess mincore, madvise and statfs may have been fixed in ltp-full-20041007? While for other failures, is
there anyone see them before?

Thanks,
Gordon 

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
David S. Miller | 8 Oct 06:52 2004
X-Face
Picon

signal usage bug in fcntl syscall tests


fcntl16.c (and probably a bunch of other places in the ltp
testsuite) use the following scheme:

static int alarm_flag;

static void catch_alarm(int signo)
{
	alarm_flag = 1;
}

	signal(SIGALRM, catch_alarm);

	...

	alarm(TIME_OUT);
	wait(&status);

Just a quick scan shows that, among the fcntl tests alone,
this technique is used in fcntl14.c, fcntl15.c, fcntl16.c,
and fcntl17.c

The expectation is that if no wait() events occur, the SIGALRM
will cause the wait() to return with -EINTR after the signal
handler catch_alarm() runs.

This never happens, because signal() gives BSD signal semantics
and part of that is that the SA_RESTART flag is passed into the
actual system call (usually rt_sigaction) used to register the
signal handler.

SA_RESTART means that the system call is restarted, not returned
from, when the signal handler returns.

This is most easily seen with the following test program:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <signal.h>

static volatile int alarm_flag;

void catch_alarm(int signo)
{
  printf("Got SIGALRM\n");
  alarm_flag = 1;
}

void child(void)
{
  pause();
}

int main(void)
{
  int status, pid;

  pid = fork();
  if (pid == 0)
    child();

  signal(SIGALRM, catch_alarm);

  alarm(5);
  wait(&status);
  kill(pid, SIGKILL);
  exit(0);
}

Run it through strace and you'll see something like the following:

fork()                                  = 17293

We fork the child.

rt_sigaction(SIGALRM, {0x100960, [ALRM], SA_RESTART}, {SIG_DFL}, 0xfffff800001612f8,
18446744073709551615) = 0

Register SIGALRM signal handler with SA_RESTART flag.

alarm(5)                                = 0

Request the alarm().

wait4(-1, 0x7fffffffabc, 0, NULL)       = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)

Wait for the child.

--- SIGALRM (Alarm clock)  <at>  0 (0) ---
fstat(1, {st_mode=S_IFCHR|0620, st_rdev=makedev(136, 1), ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xfffff80000020000
write(1, "Got SIGALRM\n", 12Got SIGALRM
)           = 12
rt_sigreturn(0xe)                       = -1 E??? (errno -1)

SIGALRM arrives, we print the debug message, and we
return from the signal handler.

wait4(-1,  <unfinished ...>

And wait4() is restarted.

The test program will hang from this point forward.

In order to fix this, test cases using this technique in LTP
will need to explicitly call sigaction() with the appropriate
flags.  In particular, it will need to have the SA_RESTART
flag clear in such calls.

What's really fascinating to me is that this test is passing
for somebody out there, I can't believe I'm the only person
hitting this :-)

I ran my little test program above both on x86 and sparc64, just
in case it was some difference in glibc's signal() implementation,
but both cases pass the SA_RESTART flag in and both cases restart
the wait4() call after the signal handler runs and the program thus
hangs forever afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Bryce Harrington | 8 Oct 18:38 2004

Re: ltp-full-20040908 failures on x86_64

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Jin, Gordon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I run ltp-full-20040908 on x86_64(in 64bit mode) and got following failures:
>
> tag=mincore01 stime=1096423017
> mincore01    3  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 12 : Cannot allocate memory - expected 14
> tag=madvise02 stime=1096423017

> madvise02    6  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
> madvise02    7  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
> tag=pwrite03 stime=1096423046

We're also seeing these two fails for madvise02 on RedHat 9.0.  The CVS
version of the test has changed the behavior for these cases.  However,
for us we're now seeing segfaults for this test from CVS on RedHat 9.0:

[root <at> stp2-000 madvise]# ./madvise02
madvise02    1  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    2  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    3  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
madvise02    4  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 12 : Cannot allocate memory
madvise02    5  BROK  :  Unexpected signal 11 received.
madvise02    6  BROK  :  Remaining cases broken
madvise02    7  BROK  :  Remaining cases broken

Interestingly, the test passes fine on Gentoo, SuSE 9.0, and FC3.

Bryce

> pwrite03    1  FAIL  :  pwrite() returned 7, expected -1, errno:14
> pwrite03    2  FAIL  :  pread() fails, EFAULT, unexpected errno:0, expected:14
> tag=statfs03 stime=1096423106
> statfs03    1  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 20 : Not a directory - expected 13
> tag=swapon02 stime=1096423113
> swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed swapon for file swapfile32returned -64
> swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> LTP test suite is recommended
> swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> LTP test suite is recommended
> tag=write03 stime=1096423328
> write03     1  FAIL  :  write(2) failed to fail
>
>
> This is my first time to get LTP result on x86_64, so I'd like to hear comments for above failures from this list.
> I guess mincore, madvise and statfs may have been fixed in ltp-full-20041007? While for other failures,
is there anyone see them before?
>
> Thanks,
> Gordon
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
> Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
> Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
> http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
> _______________________________________________
> Ltp-list mailing list
> Ltp-list@...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ltp-list
>

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Chris Wright | 8 Oct 19:01 2004

Re: ltp-full-20040908 failures on x86_64

* Bryce Harrington (bryce@...) wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Jin, Gordon wrote:
> > I run ltp-full-20040908 on x86_64(in 64bit mode) and got following failures:
> >
> > tag=mincore01 stime=1096423017
> > mincore01    3  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 12 : Cannot allocate memory - expected 14
> > tag=madvise02 stime=1096423017

This is fixed in CVS (and LTP-20041007 drop it looks like).

> > madvise02    6  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
> > madvise02    7  FAIL  :  madvise failed, expected return value = -1, got 0
> > tag=pwrite03 stime=1096423046
> 
> We're also seeing these two fails for madvise02 on RedHat 9.0.  The CVS
> version of the test has changed the behavior for these cases.  However,
> for us we're now seeing segfaults for this test from CVS on RedHat 9.0:
> 
> [root <at> stp2-000 madvise]# ./madvise02
> madvise02    1  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
> madvise02    2  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
> madvise02    3  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 22 : Invalid argument
> madvise02    4  PASS  :  expected failure - errno = 12 : Cannot allocate memory
> madvise02    5  BROK  :  Unexpected signal 11 received.
> madvise02    6  BROK  :  Remaining cases broken
> madvise02    7  BROK  :  Remaining cases broken
> 
> Interestingly, the test passes fine on Gentoo, SuSE 9.0, and FC3.
> 
> Bryce
> 
> > pwrite03    1  FAIL  :  pwrite() returned 7, expected -1, errno:14
> > pwrite03    2  FAIL  :  pread() fails, EFAULT, unexpected errno:0, expected:14
> > tag=statfs03 stime=1096423106
> > statfs03    1  FAIL  :  unexpected error - 20 : Not a directory - expected 13
> > tag=swapon02 stime=1096423113
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed swapon for file swapfile32returned -64
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> > LTP test suite is recommended
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> > LTP test suite is recommended
> > tag=write03 stime=1096423328
> > write03     1  FAIL  :  write(2) failed to fail
> >
> >
> > This is my first time to get LTP result on x86_64, so I'd like to hear comments for above failures from this list.
> > I guess mincore, madvise and statfs may have been fixed in ltp-full-20041007? While for other failures,
is there anyone see them before?

Looks quite similar to what I'm seeing here.  You might want to grab an
updated ltp kit, though.

thanks,
-chris
--

-- 
Linux Security Modules     http://lsm.immunix.org     http://lsm.bkbits.net

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Chris Wright | 8 Oct 22:47 2004

Re: ltp-full-20040908 failures on x86_64

* Bryce Harrington (bryce@...) wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Jin, Gordon wrote:
> > tag=swapon02 stime=1096423113
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed swapon for file swapfile32returned -64
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> > LTP test suite is recommended
> > swapon02    0  WARN  :  Failed to turn off swap files. system reboot after execution of
> > LTP test suite is recommended

This test is broken too.  Patches to follow.

thanks,
-chris
--

-- 
Linux Security Modules     http://lsm.immunix.org     http://lsm.bkbits.net

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl
Chris Wright | 8 Oct 22:49 2004

[PATCH 1/3] swapon02.c cleanup of dd cmd_line generation

Simple cleanup to make code slightly more readable.  Setup bs and count
for dd args once, rather than conditionally building the whole cmd_line.

Index: swapon02.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/ltp/ltp/testcases/kernel/syscalls/swapon/swapon02.c,v
retrieving revision 1.19
diff -u -r1.19 swapon02.c
--- swapon02.c	22 Sep 2004 20:04:08 -0000	1.19
+++ swapon02.c	8 Oct 2004 20:15:49 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -271,7 +271,7  <at>  <at> 
 		 int pid;		    		 /* used for fork */
 		 int *status=NULL;		 /* used for fork */
 		 int res = 0;
-		 int nSwapNO;
+		 int nSwapNO, bs, count;
 		 char cmd_buffer[100];		 /* array to hold command line*/
 		 char filename[15];		 /* array to store new filename*/
 		 char decimal[3];		 /* array for digits at end of filename*/
 <at>  <at>  -327,6 +327,14  <at>  <at> 
 				 swapfile = MAX_SWAPFILES;
 			 }	

+		/* args for dd */
+		if ((strncmp(kmachine, "ia64", 4)) == 0) {
+				 bs = 1024;
+				 count = 1024;
+ 		} else {
+				 bs = 1048;
+				 count = 40;
+ 		}
 		 pid=fork();
         if (pid == 0){
 		   /*create and turn on remaining swapfiles*/
 <at>  <at>  -338,27 +346,16  <at>  <at> 
 		 		 		 exit(1);
 		 		 }
 		 		 
-		 		 /*prepare the path string for dd command and dd command*/
-		if ((strncmp(kmachine, "ia64", 4)) == 0) {
-		 		 if(sprintf(cmd_buffer, "dd if=/dev/zero of=%s  bs=1024"
-		 		 		 		 " count=1024 > tmpfile 2>&1", filename) < 0) {
+		 		/*prepare the path string for dd command and dd command*/
+				if(sprintf(cmd_buffer, "dd if=/dev/zero of=%s bs=%d"
+					" count=%d > tmpfile 2>&1", filename, bs, count) < 0) {
 		 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "dd command failed to create file");
 		 		 		 exit(1);
-		 		 }
-		 } else {
-		 		 if(sprintf(cmd_buffer, "dd if=/dev/zero of=%s  bs=1048"
-		 		 		 " count=40 > tmpfile 2>&1", filename) < 0) {
-		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "dd command failed to create file");
-		 		 exit(1);
-		 		 }
-
-
-		 }
-
-		 		 if(system(cmd_buffer) != 0) {
+				}
+ 		 		if(system(cmd_buffer) != 0) {
 		 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "sprintf() failed to create swapfiles");
 		 		 		 exit(1);
-		 		 }
+ 		 		}

 		 		 /* make the file swapfile*/
 		 		 if(sprintf(cmd_buffer, "mkswap %s > tmpfile 2>&1", filename)
 <at>  <at>  -376,7 +373,7  <at>  <at> 
 		 		 /* turn on the swap file*/
 		 		 if(swapon(filename, 0) != 0) {
 		 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "Failed swapon for file %s"
-		 		 		 		 		 "returned %d", filename);
+		 		 		 		 		 " returned %s", filename, strerror(errno));
 		 		 		 /* must cleanup already swapon files */
 		 		 		 cleanup03();
 		 		 		 exit(1);
 <at>  <at>  -387,20 +384,15  <at>  <at> 
 		 else
 		   waitpid(pid,status,0);
 		 /*create extra swapfile for testing*/
-	if ((strncmp(kmachine, "ia64", 4)) == 0) {
-		 if(system("dd if=/dev/zero of=swapfilenext bs=1024 count=1024 >tmpfile"
-		 		 		 		 " 2>&1") != 0) {
-		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "Failed to create extra file for swap");
-		 		 exit(1);
-		 }
-		 } else {
-		 if(system("dd if=/dev/zero of=swapfilenext bs=1048 count=40 > tmpfile"
-		 		 		 		 " 2>&1") != 0) {
-		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "Failed to create extra file for swap");
-		 		 exit(1);
-		 }
-		 }
-
+		if(sprintf(cmd_buffer, "dd if=/dev/zero of=%s bs=%d"
+			" count=%d > tmpfile 2>&1", "swapfilenext", bs, count) < 0) {
+ 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "dd command failed to create file");
+ 		 		 exit(1);
+		}
+  		if(system(cmd_buffer) != 0) {
+ 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "sprintf() failed to create swapfiles");
+ 		 		 exit(1);
+ 		}
 		 if(system("mkswap ./swapfilenext > tmpfle 2>&1") != 0) {
 		 		 tst_resm(TWARN, "Failed to make extra swapfile");
 		 		 exit(1);

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl

Gmane