William Immendorf | 2 Nov 14:36 2009
Picon

Re: r8109 - trunk/auxfiles/xorg

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 3:52 AM,  <dj <at> linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Added: trunk/auxfiles/xorg/util-7.5-1.wget
> ===================================================================
> --- trunk/auxfiles/xorg/util-7.5-1.wget                         (rev 0)
> +++ trunk/auxfiles/xorg/util-7.5-1.wget 2009-10-31 08:52:08 UTC (rev 8109)
>  <at>  <at>  -0,0 +1,6  <at>  <at> 
> +# Xorg-7.5 utility packages
> +# $LastChangedBy: $
> +# $Date: $
> +#
> +makedepend-1.0.2.tar.bz2
> +util-macros-1.3.0.tar.bz2
Umm, so what happened to imake? Isn't it still required for NAS?

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

--------------

"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Trent Shea | 2 Nov 17:40 2009
Picon

gnome-doc-utils-0.18.0 and scrollkeeper

Hi,

gnome-doc-utils fails to build with the following: 

Making all in gnome-doc-make
make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/data/data/build/lfs-main/gnome-doc-
utils-0.18.0/doc/gnome-doc-make'
/bin/sh: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
/bin/sh: line 1: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
The file '/Templates/C/scrollkeeper_cl.xml' does not exist.
Please check your ScrollKeeper installation.
make[2]: *** [gnome-doc-make-C.omf] Error 1

It looks like you can install scrollkeeper or add --disable-scrollkeeper 
to the configure command to build the package.

-- 
Trent.
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Chris Staub | 2 Nov 19:14 2009

Re: gnome-doc-utils-0.18.0 and scrollkeeper

On 11/02/2009 11:40 AM, Trent Shea wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> gnome-doc-utils fails to build with the following:
>
> Making all in gnome-doc-make
> make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/data/data/build/lfs-main/gnome-doc-
> utils-0.18.0/doc/gnome-doc-make'
> /bin/sh: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
> /bin/sh: line 1: scrollkeeper-config: command not found
> The file '/Templates/C/scrollkeeper_cl.xml' does not exist.
> Please check your ScrollKeeper installation.
> make[2]: *** [gnome-doc-make-C.omf] Error 1
>
>
> It looks like you can install scrollkeeper or add --disable-scrollkeeper
> to the configure command to build the package.
>

Or install Rarian, which I believe is the replacement for Scrollkeeper 
and is listed as "Recommended" for GNOME-Doc-Utils.
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Trent Shea | 2 Nov 19:20 2009
Picon

Re: gnome-doc-utils-0.18.0 and scrollkeeper

On Monday 02 November 2009 11:14:48 Chris Staub wrote:
> Or install Rarian, which I believe is the replacement for
>  Scrollkeeper  and is listed as "Recommended" for GNOME-Doc-Utils.
> 
Oh, thanks - rushing around not reading things closely enough.

-- 
Trent.
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Guy Dalziel | 2 Nov 19:22 2009

Re: gnome-doc-utils-0.18.0 and scrollkeeper

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 01:14:48PM -0500, Chris Staub wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 11:40 AM, Trent Shea wrote:
> > It looks like you can install scrollkeeper or add --disable-scrollkeeper
> > to the configure command to build the package.
> 
> Or install Rarian, which I believe is the replacement for Scrollkeeper 
> and is listed as "Recommended" for GNOME-Doc-Utils.

On a different note - as Randy has stated many times before - the
recommendation doesn't actually state why it is recommended; it merely
states that "functionality will be missing". This needs to be corrected
to state exactly why these are recommended as these are still optional
dependencies to the user.
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page
William Immendorf | 3 Nov 00:06 2009
Picon

Dash fix

Rember the thread I started on blfs-support about dash failing to
compile? Well, Matthew has a fix, and I made it into a patch. I'll
like to submit it. Please take a look at it. (Note: Patch is still in
git format, but it still applies with -Np1.

-- 
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

--------------

"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman
Attachment (dash-0.5.5.1-utf8_fix-1.patch): application/octet-stream, 1515 bytes
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page
Guy Dalziel | 3 Nov 00:09 2009

Re: Dash fix

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 11:06:03PM +0000, William Immendorf wrote:
> Rember the thread I started on blfs-support about dash failing to
> compile? Well, Matthew has a fix

Yes, he did. The problem was with sort because of a patch that LFS
applies, and therefore the problem was passed over to LFS. 
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page
William Immendorf | 3 Nov 00:15 2009
Picon

Re: Dash fix

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Guy Dalziel
<krendoshazin <at> dementedfury.org> wrote:
> Yes, he did. The problem was with sort because of a patch that LFS
> applies, and therefore the problem was passed over to LFS.
I know. Anyway, would you dash off a quick commit putting the patch in
the patch repo and mentioning it in the dash page and saying that it
works with LFS 6.5.

-- 
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

--------------

"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Guy Dalziel | 3 Nov 00:16 2009

Re: Dash fix

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 11:15:25PM +0000, William Immendorf wrote:
> I know. Anyway, would you dash off a quick commit putting the patch in
> the patch repo and mentioning it in the dash page and saying that it
> works with LFS 6.5.

A patch isn't necessary for such a simple fix. If you rewrite the
solution as a sed command then I'll commit it and give you credit for
it.
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page
William Immendorf | 3 Nov 00:23 2009
Picon

Re: Dash fix

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Guy Dalziel
<krendoshazin <at> dementedfury.org> wrote:
> A patch isn't necessary for such a simple fix. If you rewrite the
> solution as a sed command then I'll commit it and give you credit for
> it.
Does this work for you?

sed -i 's/sort/LC_COLLATE=C &/' src/mkbuiltins

-- 
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

--------------

"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman
--

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page


Gmane