CAPWIP's 8th MGGR Training, 12-19 November 2007, Manila, Philippines
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Greetings from the Center for Asia Pacific Women in Politics (CAPWIP) Institute for Gender, Governance &
We are pleased to invite you to the 8th training on "Making Governance Gender Responsive (MGGR)", which
will be held on November 12-19, 2007 in Manila, Philippines.
The course is designed for parliamentarians, middle and senior level government executives and
officials, women and men in local governments, political parties, research and training institutes and
civil society organizations and non-government organizations who are leading or participating in
governance reform initiatives in their respective countries.
The objectives of the training are the following:
- Enhance their understanding of Gender and Development (GAD) and governance concepts;
- Gain appreciation of gender-related and governance issues and concerns;
- Identify gender biases in governance;
- Acquire skills in identifying and analyzing gender biases and concerns through case examples of
strategies and practices to address gender biases;
- Identify gender biases in the participant's sphere of influence-A Change Management Approach; and
- Formulate Action Plans: Institutional and Individual
The course is composed of modules developed to enhance the participants' understanding of the link
between gender and governance, as well as increase their awareness of gender biases in governance.
This is the eight-time (8th time) that we are offering this course within the last three (3) years. The seven
(7) batches of MGGR trainings were successfully held last February, June, October of 2004, January and
October of 2005, February and June of 2007 at the CAPWIP Institute for Gender, Governance and Leadership
(CIGGL) located at Hostelling (HI) Manila, 4227-4229 Tomas Claudio Street, Baclaran, Paranaque City,