Stephane Fillod | 1 Jun 16:03 2009
Picon

Re: GS232 rotator interface data format

Hej,

Magne Mæhre skribis:
> Norvald (LA6YKA) and I were experimenting with the Alpha SPID BIG-RAS
> rotator last weekend.  We ran into a couple of issues.  The BIG-RAS is
> said to be  Yaesu GS232 compatible, but it didn't understand any of the
> commands in the hamlib driver.

Rem: I've just commited the SPID backend into the svn repository.
I guess Norvald did test it with real hardware. Can you please
let me know what the status of the backend is? RIG_STATUS_STABLE?

> Further investigation revealed that the hamlib driver isn't totally
> compliant in its output.
> 
> hamlib outputs:    W<space><aaa><space><eee>
> BIG-RAS expects:   W<aaa><space><eee>
> 
> The protocol description in [1] seems to agree with the BIG-RAS
> implementation.

This was a bug of mine. It is fixed now in the svn repository.

> What I would like to know is if a modification of the gs232a driver
> to remove the space after the command letter would break anything.
> If anyone on the list use the gs232 driver, and can test/verify it,
> that would be nice.

Yes, please anyone with a GS232A, can you give us feedback?

(Continue reading)

Stephane Fillod | 1 Jun 19:10 2009
Picon

Re: IC-7000 Beta Testing Pt 2.

Hi Joe,

Thanks very much for testing further the IC-7000 backend.
I don't know whether Kent Hill AD7AI is still around. He was
the original contributor.

Joe Thielen skribis:
> I've read the README.betatester, I've tested out some of the functions.
> Of the "most wanted", they all worked except the following:
> 
> - "_" (get_info) PRODUCES:
> Info: None
> 
> - "v" (get_vfo) DID NOT WORK: "v"
> Rig command: v
> get_vfo: error = Feature not available
> BUT THESE DID WORK: "V", "V VFOA", "V VFOB"

All right so far for an Icom backend.

> - "G" (vfo_op) DID NOT WORK: "G"
> Rig command: G
> Mem/VFO op: DOWN
> vfo_op: error = Feature not available

The DOWN op does not appear to be supported by the rig.

Rig command: G
Mem/VFO op: ?
CPY XCHG FROM_VFO TO_VFO MCL TUNE
(Continue reading)

Stephane Fillod | 1 Jun 19:46 2009
Picon

Re: install question

Hi Blair,

Blair Massey skribis:
> I'm trying to install hamlib-1.2.9 on a new Ubuntu 9.04 destop.  The
> ./configure seems to work.  The instruction say to type 'make' next.  When I
> do this, nothing happens.  However, I get this output...
> 
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> blair <at> ham:~/hamlib-1.2.9$ make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> blair <at> ham:~/hamlib-1.2.9$
> 
> Am I missing something?  Pardon my ignorance... I'm pretty new to Ubuntu.

Can't remember exactly, but this may also happen when the development
tools are not installed in your system. Use you favorite package
manager or install them from a shell:

    sudo apt-get install libc6-dev gcc g++

--

-- 
Stephane - F8CFE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT 
is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals. Meet
the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, & 
iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like Barbarian 
Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com 
(Continue reading)

Blair Massey | 1 Jun 21:14 2009
Picon

Re: install question

Thanks for help.  I actually pulled 9.04 off my PC and went back to 8.04.  Too many quirks in 9.04.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Stephane Fillod <f8cfe <at> free.fr> wrote:
Hi Blair,

Blair Massey skribis:
> I'm trying to install hamlib-1.2.9 on a new Ubuntu 9.04 destop.  The
> ./configure seems to work.  The instruction say to type 'make' next.  When I
> do this, nothing happens.  However, I get this output...
>
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> blair <at> ham:~/hamlib-1.2.9$ make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> blair <at> ham:~/hamlib-1.2.9$
>
> Am I missing something?  Pardon my ignorance... I'm pretty new to Ubuntu.

Can't remember exactly, but this may also happen when the development
tools are not installed in your system. Use you favorite package
manager or install them from a shell:

   sudo apt-get install libc6-dev gcc g++

--
Stephane - F8CFE


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises 
looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest 
innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and 
enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. 
Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get
_______________________________________________
Hamlib-developer mailing list
Hamlib-developer <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hamlib-developer
Norvald H. Ryeng | 2 Jun 00:03 2009

Re: GS232 rotator interface data format

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:03:38 +0200
Stephane Fillod <f8cfe <at> free.fr> wrote:

> Rem: I've just commited the SPID backend into the svn repository.
> I guess Norvald did test it with real hardware. Can you please
> let me know what the status of the backend is? RIG_STATUS_STABLE?

Yes, I have tested it on a Rot2Prog. Sorry for the UNTESTED status. It
is a full implementation of the protocol as documented, and all commands
have been tested. I have tested it with different resolutions for
azimuth and elevation, and it works as expected. It has only been
tested on a single rotator controller. It is BETA or STABLE, depending
on how much testing is necessary to call it stable.

In the patch I submitted, spid_rot_caps.serial_rate_max was set to 1200
in a hope that it would be possible to use the same protocol on a
Rot1Prog (Rot2Prog is 600 bps only, Rot1Prog apparently is 1200 bps
only). I have now found out that this will not work, so a separate
Rot1Prog driver is needed. This means that serial_rate_max can be set
to 600 to make the Rot2Prog driver more user friendly. I have attached
the short patch.

> Thanks to both of you Magne and Norvald.

Thank you for taking the time to review and apply the patch!

Regards,

Norvald H. Ryeng, LA6YKA
Attachment (spid-600bps.patch): text/x-patch, 450 bytes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises 
looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest 
innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and 
enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. 
Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get
_______________________________________________
Hamlib-developer mailing list
Hamlib-developer <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hamlib-developer
Sven Brüggemann | 7 Jun 17:08 2009

support for ICOM IC-7200?

Hello!

I hope, that the icom ic-7200 will be supported in the future.

Best,
Sven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises 
looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest 
innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and 
enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. 
Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get
James Watson | 7 Jun 18:29 2009
Picon

Re: support for ICOM IC-7200?

Hi Sven

I also bought an IC7200 recently and have added a backend to the icom
directory.  The backend is derived from the IC7000 (but I need to finish
testing it fully.)  

The USB connection (audio and data) worked straight out of box on Ubuntu
8.10 (an now 9.04) - no additional drivers required.  I'm delighted with
the set and use it most nights on PSK31 with fldigi.

If you don't want to install the SVN and build from source, you can do
what I did and use the IC7000 driver, changing the radio ID to '70'.
This worked perfectly well with fldigi.

Good luck and if you have any 7200 specific questions feel free to drop
me a line directly.

73's

Jim (HZ1JW / M0DNS)

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 15:08 +0000, Sven Brüggemann wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> I hope, that the icom ic-7200 will be supported in the future.
> 
> Best,
> Sven
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises 
> looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest 
> innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and 
> enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. 
> Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get
> _______________________________________________
> Hamlib-developer mailing list
> Hamlib-developer <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hamlib-developer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises 
looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest 
innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and 
enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. 
Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get
_______________________________________________
Hamlib-developer mailing list
Hamlib-developer <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hamlib-developer
Martin Ewing | 17 Jun 04:23 2009
Picon

new release?

I've had a number of reports about trouble with the Orion backend in
released versions of Hamlib.  It's fixed in SVN, but it would be nice
to push out another release sometime soon.

73 Martin AA6E

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal Reports - New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial
Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables unlimited
royalty-free distribution of the report engine for externally facing 
server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects
Stephane Fillod | 23 Jun 23:10 2009
Picon

Re: new release?

Martin Ewing skribis:
> I've had a number of reports about trouble with the Orion backend in
> released versions of Hamlib.  It's fixed in SVN, but it would be nice
> to push out another release sometime soon.

Thanks for the good suggestion.

Before doing the release, we're going to need some serious testing on
the kenwood backend. Alessandro did lot of rework, and we have to make
sure nothing got broken. IIRC, the rigs based on IC-10 were not tested
at all. Beta-testers, please download tomorrow the daily SVN snapshot[1].
Rem: I've committed tonight a patch against the kenwood backend for doing
basic automatic split vfo targeting.

[1] http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/

It's also time to submit/commit any outstanding patch you have in your tree,
and/or change the status of your rig reported as UNTESTED.

Thanks
--

-- 
Stephane - F8CFE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gmane