Wilbert Knol | 1 Sep 22:26 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

On Saturday 01 September 2007 06:51, David Quental wrote:

> All right, now TS480 is working fine with hamlib, but I see that if a
> certain software is using hamlib perl rig does not answer.

What's the problem with the Perl binding, David? Can you be a bit more 
specific? Does the Perl interpreter generate any warnings?

I've been using hamlib via the Perl bindings for a few years now, and it works 
OK. Do make sure you have 'swig' (and possibly the swig-dev' package) 
installed before you compile hamlib...

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
David Quental | 1 Sep 22:43 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

Hello Wilbert,

tks for your email and best weekend.
> On Saturday 01 September 2007 06:51, David Quental wrote:
>
>   
>> All right, now TS480 is working fine with hamlib, but I see that if a
>> certain software is using hamlib perl rig does not answer.
>>     
>
> What's the problem with the Perl binding, David? Can you be a bit more 
> specific? Does the Perl interpreter generate any warnings?
>
>   
It does not generate warnings, however if I set up YFKtest to work with 
ts-480 the litle indication "PC" disapears from display of radio. If I 
set up YFKtest with ts-850sat all works fine.
> I've been using hamlib via the Perl bindings for a few years now, and it works 
> OK. Do make sure you have 'swig' (and possibly the swig-dev' package) 
> installed before you compile hamlib...
>
>   
Yes, I have both, without it would be impossible to work with ts-850sat, 
isn't it ? :)

However with rigctl ts-480 works fine, as you can see:

ct1drb <at> linux-qfx0:~/yfktest> rigctl -m 228 f v
10104100
VFOA
(Continue reading)

David Quental | 1 Sep 22:59 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

Hello Wilbert,

only to correct one sentence from me, when I wrote that indication "PC" 
disapears from display of rig is not true, in fact when I start YFKtest 
it is on, however if I write down 21005, to qsy rig, it does not work. 
With ts-850sat it works fine.

Best 73s.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental

> Hello Wilbert,
>
> tks for your email and best weekend.
>   
>> On Saturday 01 September 2007 06:51, David Quental wrote:
>>
>>   
>>     
>>> All right, now TS480 is working fine with hamlib, but I see that if a
>>> certain software is using hamlib perl rig does not answer.
>>>     
>>>       
>> What's the problem with the Perl binding, David? Can you be a bit more 
>> specific? Does the Perl interpreter generate any warnings?
>>
>>   
>>     
> It does not generate warnings, however if I set up YFKtest to work with 
(Continue reading)

Wilbert Knol | 1 Sep 23:49 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

OK. This problem has nothing to do with the hamlib Perl bindings.
'yfktest.pl' uses a system call to the 'rigctl' program to talk and listen to 
the rig.

My suggestion would be: try setting the QRG on the 480 manually. From rigctl 
use the 'F' command to see if the rig goes off-line as a result, which is 
what you say happens with YFKtest.

If this works OK, then obviously hamlib and the hamlib TS-480 back-end are OK. 
It may be a YFKtest bug, and perhaps you should Email Fabian.

HTH...

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

PS: You can set a baudrate on the 'rigctl' statement in the <contestname>.yfk 
file, use the -s option.
--

On Sunday 02 September 2007 08:59, David Quental wrote:
> Hello Wilbert,
>
> only to correct one sentence from me, when I wrote that indication "PC"
> disapears from display of rig is not true, in fact when I start YFKtest
> it is on, however if I write down 21005, to qsy rig, it does not work.
> With ts-850sat it works fine.
>
> Best 73s.
>
> CT1DRB/OK8RB
(Continue reading)

Wilbert Knol | 2 Sep 00:24 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

On Sunday 02 September 2007 09:49, Wilbert Knol wrote:
> OK. This problem has nothing to do with the hamlib Perl bindings.
> 'yfktest.pl' uses a system call to the 'rigctl' program to talk and listen
> to the rig.

I've just found the latest version 0.0.4 does use the Perl bindings, which  
works fine with my trusty old IC-725. Setting the frequency doesn't appear to 
be working yet.

Wilbert.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
David Quental | 2 Sep 01:09 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

Hello Wilbert,

> On Sunday 02 September 2007 09:49, Wilbert Knol wrote:
>   
>> OK. This problem has nothing to do with the hamlib Perl bindings.
>> 'yfktest.pl' uses a system call to the 'rigctl' program to talk and listen
>> to the rig.
>>     
>
> I've just found the latest version 0.0.4 does use the Perl bindings, which  
> works fine with my trusty old IC-725. Setting the frequency doesn't appear to 
> be working yet.
>
>   
However with my ts-850sat it works perfectly, can qsy without problems.
> Wilbert.
>
>
>   
Best 73s.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
> Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
> _______________________________________________
(Continue reading)

David Quental | 2 Sep 01:10 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

Hello Wilbert,

> OK. This problem has nothing to do with the hamlib Perl bindings.
> 'yfktest.pl' uses a system call to the 'rigctl' program to talk and listen to 
> the rig.
>
>   
Yes, you are right.
> My suggestion would be: try setting the QRG on the 480 manually. From rigctl 
> use the 'F' command to see if the rig goes off-line as a result, which is 
> what you say happens with YFKtest.
ct1drb <at> linux-qfx0:~> rigctl -m 228 f
14014790

After this command rig went off-line.
>
>   
If this works OK, then obviously hamlib and the hamlib TS-480 back-end
are OK.

Yes, it is working very fine.
> It may be a YFKtest bug, and perhaps you should Email Fabian.
>
>   
Well, I told Fabian about it, but quite strange is that YFKtest-0.0.4
works pretty fine with my ts-850sat, so we thought that is a hamlib
problem instead a YFKtest problem.
> HTH...
>
> Wilbert, ZL2BSJ
(Continue reading)

David Quental | 2 Sep 01:22 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.

Hello Wilbert,

hello again.

Only to inform you that Fabian did an experimental version of YFKlog, 
with perl binding, (I asked it :) ) and it has same behavior as 
YFKtest-0.0.4:

does not work with ts-480 but works fine with ts-850sat.

Again, could it be a compilation problem?

Best 73s.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental

> On Sunday 02 September 2007 09:49, Wilbert Knol wrote:
>   
>> OK. This problem has nothing to do with the hamlib Perl bindings.
>> 'yfktest.pl' uses a system call to the 'rigctl' program to talk and listen
>> to the rig.
>>     
>
> I've just found the latest version 0.0.4 does use the Perl bindings, which  
> works fine with my trusty old IC-725. Setting the frequency doesn't appear to 
> be working yet.
>
> Wilbert.
>
(Continue reading)

Wilbert Knol | 2 Sep 02:35 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed.


> ct1drb <at> linux-qfx0:~> rigctl -m 228 f 14014790

Make that 'F' instead of 'f'. 

>
> After this command rig went off-line.

...because the rigctl program finished.

Try running 'rigctl -m 228' and then (from the rigctl prompt) set the 
frequency with 'F 14014790'. Now query the rig with 'f' a few times. If that 
works, then the backend is working and the TS480 problems are most likely an 
application bug.

Wilbert.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
David Quental | 2 Sep 12:17 2007
Picon

Re: Ts-480 and speed. [solved]

Hello Wilbert,

tks for your email.

Only to say, and tks, that problem is gone, I did a clean up concerning 
hamlib and now ts-480 is working pretty fine with perl.

Tks for all help and best 73s.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
David Quental

>> ct1drb <at> linux-qfx0:~> rigctl -m 228 f 14014790
>>     
>
> Make that 'F' instead of 'f'. 
>
>   
>> After this command rig went off-line.
>>     
>
> ...because the rigctl program finished.
>
> Try running 'rigctl -m 228' and then (from the rigctl prompt) set the 
> frequency with 'F 14014790'. Now query the rig with 'f' a few times. If that 
> works, then the backend is working and the TS480 problems are most likely an 
> application bug.
>
> Wilbert.
>
(Continue reading)


Gmane