| .%$$% .. |
' __________. ._____ ________.&&$ '$$%$.__________ '
._\ /___.___\ \_____/ ____/$ &&$\ /_
-:-\ \_____\ | /____/ /________\'$#%. .$&&'/____/ /-:-
/____/ \________/ \____\ ' %$$$%' /_____/
. www.ruxcon.org.au .
The Ruxcon team is pleased to announce the Final Call For Presentations for Ruxcon 2014.
This year the conference will take place over the weekend of the 11th and 12th of October at the CQ Function Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
The deadline for submissions is the 15th of September, 2014.
Ruxcon is the premier technical computer security conference in Australia. The conference aims to bring together the individual talents of the best and brightest security folk in the region, through live presentations, activities and demonstrations.
The conference is held over two days in a relaxed atmosphere, allowing attendees to enjoy themselves whilst networking within the community and expanding their knowledge of security.
Live presentations and activities will cover a full range of defensive and offensive security topics, varying from previously unpublished research to required reading for the security community.
- September 15 - Call For Presentations Close
- October 6-7 - Ruxcon/Breakpoint Training
- October 8-9 - Breakpoint Conference
- October 11-12 - Ruxcon Conference
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile Device Security
- Virtualization, Hypervisor, and Cloud Security
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Exploitation Techniques
- Rootkit Development
- Code Analysis
- Forensics and Anti-Forensics
- Embedded Device Security
- Web Application Security
- Network Traffic Analysis
- Wireless Network Security
- Cryptography and Cryptanalysis
- Social Engineering
- Law Enforcement Activities
- Telecommunications Security (SS7, 3G/4G, GSM, VOIP, etc)
In order for us to process your submission we require the following information:
1. Presentation title
2. Detailed summary of your presentation material
4. Mobile phone number
5. Brief personal biography
6. Description of any demonstrations involved in the presentation
7. Information on where the presentation material has or will be presented before Ruxcon
As a general guideline, Ruxcon presentations are between 45 and 60 minutes, including question time.
Please note that Ruxcon isn't able to cover any travel expenses for speakers. Speakers in the past have had success in having their employer cover conference related expenses. Our other conference Breakpoint does cover travel expenses and runs 3 days before Ruxcon.
If you have any enquiries about submissions, or would like to make a submission, please send an email to presentations <at> ruxcon.org.au