Rodrigo Ribeiro | 1 Mar 04:26 2007
Picon

Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

Hello,

My name is Rodrigo. I'm a Computer Sciente Graduate with good experience with Linux based systems and fluency in english.

If there is any help I can provide to the translation of  the Gentoo Linux Documentation, please let me know.

Best regards from Brasil.

Rodrigo Ribeiro

 

Łukasz Damentko | 1 Mar 05:33 2007
Picon

Re: Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

On 01/03/07, Rodrigo Ribeiro <dbconsultoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Rodrigo. I'm a Computer Sciente Graduate with good experience
> with Linux based systems and fluency in english.
>
> If there is any help I can provide to the translation of  the Gentoo Linux
> Documentation, please let me know.
>
> Best regards from Brasil.
>
> Rodrigo Ribeiro
>
>

Hi,

Please contact  Marcelo Góes (vanquirius <at> gentoo.org) if you want to
help in translating docs into brazilian portuguese.

Also, if you want to help us with our docs in english, just search for
bugs assigned to docs-team <at> gentoo.org on bugs.gentoo.org and check if
you can help us cope with any of them.

with regards,

Łukasz Damentko
Flammie Pirinen | 5 Mar 20:20 2007
X-Face
Face
Picon

Re: Gentoo Installer translations requested

2007-02-22, Preston Cody sanoi:

> On 2/22/07, Flammie Pirinen <flammie <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > According to robbat, the docs people should have access to svn.
> > > The translation files should go in
> > > /gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/
> >
> > I have a feeling I asked this before, but can't remember the
> > answer, so what name shall be used for translation files? *.fi.po
> > for Finnish?
> 
> The format should be a subdirectory for the language and then .po for
> the files. so for finnish it would be /languages/fi/gli-dialog.po
> I'm not certain of this, but once you've committed it i can play
> around and see which way it works out.

I tried to commit but failed. Perhaps my rights have been taken away
due to some inactivity lately? Anyways, svn told me that:

Enter passphrase for key '/home/flammie/.ssh/id_dsa': 
Adding         fi
Adding         fi/GLIInstallProfile.po
Adding         fi/gli-dialog.po
Transmitting file data ..svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create directory
'/var/svnroot/gli/db/transactions/1754-1.txn': Permission denied svn:
Your commit message was left in a temporary file: svn:
'/home/flammie/work/gentoo/svn/gli/branches/overhaul/src/fe/dialog/languages/svn-commit.tmp'

Seems a bit odd. This is my first commit after server change, so that
might also be the reason. Any ideas, anyone?
--

-- 
Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.
Josh Saddler | 12 Mar 09:27 2007
Picon

2007.0 mojo

Hello, it's that time of year again. The first release of the year is
comin' up fast. If you examine recent CVS history, I just added the
2007.0 directory to draft/, and will shortly begin adding stuff to it.

It's my intention to once again do a major version number change, in
keeping with the 2006.0 --> 2006.1 change for all docs, so though our
stuff is at 7.x, it will be 8.x, and in the case of the gtkfe and
gli-dialog handbooks, 2.x to 3.x.

Now, I think I've gotten the last changes to the current/2006.1
handbooks settled with the fix to bug 147358, so I anticipate having a
relatively clean slate to work on in draft/. Any fixes to the current
docs will of course be added to the draft/ docs.

Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff,
especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now,
from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to
see me do to the docs in draft/? Yes, I've done two releases before
this, but .... it's been awhile, so I don't entirely remember. For
sanity's sake I'd like to make sure that my instincts are right. I won't
be revbumping the stuff in draft/, but I assume it's okay to make as
many changes as needed to the stuff in there....or will that mess with
the translators heads? Will you guys be able to pick up on all the changes?

Lemme know what you need me to do for you -- I'll be heading up the
handbook efforts again. It's my job to make the work easier for you guys. :)

Oh, and in good news (good despite the shift into "panic mode"), this
release will see the fix of the media, so that things like the LiveUSB
Howto (liveusb.xml) will work once again.

I intend to partner closely with releng on this one; already I've gotten
some good help with them for the installer docs updates, so thanks for
all that.

Ladies & Gentlemen: Start your engines!

Josh Saddler | 12 Mar 09:31 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

Forgot to add: watch this bug for updates.

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170536

Jan Kundrát | 12 Mar 12:23 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

Josh Saddler wrote:
> Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff,
> especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now,
> from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to
> see me do to the docs in draft/?

I'd start with copying current 2006.1 stuff into draft (be sure to
include CVS revision in the commit message as we don't use better SCM
that would keep track of that), then applying any changes that are
required without any revbumps *and* without mixing content and
formatting changes. Each commit should either touch the real content
(and nothing else) or just change formatting, fix typos etc. It's a real
PITA to go through a diff for a paragraph just to see someone fixed
spelling in one word or (even worse) just re-wrapped text.

As an alternative, point me to a working diff implementation that
ignores XML formatting and just shows the real changes :).

<insert usual warning about yoswink's knife here />

Cheers,
-jkt

--

-- 
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth

Chris Gianelloni | 12 Mar 13:29 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 01:31 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
> Forgot to add: watch this bug for updates.
> 
> http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170536

We only use release <at> gentoo.org for bugs.  I send the rest of it
to /dev/null so you're probably looking for releng <at> gentoo.org
instead.  ;]

--

-- 
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
Gentoo Foundation
Joseph Jezak | 12 Mar 14:19 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

Josh Saddler wrote:
> Hello, it's that time of year again. The first release of the year is
> comin' up fast. If you examine recent CVS history, I just added the
> 2007.0 directory to draft/, and will shortly begin adding stuff to it.
> 
> It's my intention to once again do a major version number change, in
> keeping with the 2006.0 --> 2006.1 change for all docs, so though our
> stuff is at 7.x, it will be 8.x, and in the case of the gtkfe and
> gli-dialog handbooks, 2.x to 3.x.
> 
> Now, I think I've gotten the last changes to the current/2006.1
> handbooks settled with the fix to bug 147358, so I anticipate having a
> relatively clean slate to work on in draft/. Any fixes to the current
> docs will of course be added to the draft/ docs.
> 
> Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff,
> especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now,
> from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to
> see me do to the docs in draft/? Yes, I've done two releases before
> this, but .... it's been awhile, so I don't entirely remember. For
> sanity's sake I'd like to make sure that my instincts are right. I won't
> be revbumping the stuff in draft/, but I assume it's okay to make as
> many changes as needed to the stuff in there....or will that mess with
> the translators heads? Will you guys be able to pick up on all the changes?
> 
> Lemme know what you need me to do for you -- I'll be heading up the
> handbook efforts again. It's my job to make the work easier for you guys. :)
> 
> Oh, and in good news (good despite the shift into "panic mode"), this
> release will see the fix of the media, so that things like the LiveUSB
> Howto (liveusb.xml) will work once again.
> 
> I intend to partner closely with releng on this one; already I've gotten
> some good help with them for the installer docs updates, so thanks for
> all that.
> 
> Ladies & Gentlemen: Start your engines!
> 

Hi Josh,

I'll get together my PPC docs changes and get them in CVS asap.  Do
we have a timeframe yet?

-Joe
--

-- 
gentoo-doc <at> gentoo.org mailing list

Marco Mascherpa | 12 Mar 19:57 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

On Monday 12 March 2007 12:23:09 Jan Kundrát wrote:
> I'd start with copying current 2006.1 stuff into draft (be sure to
> include CVS revision in the commit message as we don't use better SCM
> that would keep track of that), then applying any changes that are
> required without any revbumps *and* without mixing content and
> formatting changes. Each commit should either touch the real content
> (and nothing else) or just change formatting, fix typos etc. It's a real
> PITA to go through a diff for a paragraph just to see someone fixed
> spelling in one word or (even worse) just re-wrapped text.

Yes please,
that is my request as well! :)

--

-- 
Marco Mascherpa

Gentoo Documentation Project
Italian Lead Translator
Josh Saddler | 14 Mar 07:09 2007
Picon

Re: 2007.0 mojo

Joseph Jezak wrote:
> Do we have a timeframe yet?
> 
> -Joe

By the end of the month is all I know; releng aims to release this thing
sometime in March.


Gmane