Joseph D. Wagner | 15 Aug 01:55 2003
Picon
Picon

RE: GNU server "compromised"? Gimme a break!

I just think this goes a long way to say that GNU/Linux security sucks, the theory of a thousand eyes isn't
true because the eyes aren't looking, GNU/Linux security sucks, FSF is administrated by incompetent
boobs (notice that even their pre-hacked backups could be compromised -- um, "offsite backups"
anyone?), GNU/Linux security sucks, auditing is non-existent because they can't tell who did what
(they'd first need ACL's for this), GNU/Linux security sucks, backdoors can be in open source code, ...
and did I mention that GNU/Linux security sucks?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott McCollum [mailto:scott <at> worldtechtribune.com]
> Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 5:14 PM
> To: Joseph D. Wagner; bob <at> bobadkins.com
> Subject: GNU server "compromised"? Gimme a break!
> 
> http://www.internetnews.com/article.php/2248811
> 
> So the excuse is that the GNU/Linux servers holding source code for the
> Free Software Foundation was compromised will be how Stallman and his
> cronies explain the fact that SCO-owned intellectual property got onto
> their servers.
> 
> How crazy does it sound when you say this out loud: "A hacker broke into
> our open source servers and slipped proprietary code into the source code
> of GNU/Linux in an attempt to plant evidence to frame us"?
> -

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-gcc" in
the body of a message to majordomo <at> vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

(Continue reading)

Bob Adkins | 15 Aug 08:58 2003

RE: GNU server "compromised"? Gimme a break!

But, it is free!  

I have heard this story before.  Sharing is good.  Freedom, Openess, New World, ...

This is the same foo foo juice that created a generation of single mothers and millions of teens with
sexually communicated disease.  The same drunkenness that made it ok to kill millions of babies.  The same
BS that created millions of drug users, teen drunks, and theives.  The same spirit that has wiped out
millions of kids and just robbed them of any future at all.

They were all defiant.  Anti-establishment.  Claming that, "it is MY body and no one else has the right..."

The end results were really bad and will cause generations of pain.

Stallman and Company are just a bunch of stalled out juvenile delinquents that never grew up.  

Peter Pan from the Dark Side.  The merging of the evil of two consecutive generations into a force for change. 
That was called Bolshevism at the turn of the last century.  This century, it is called Open Source.  Both
were singing the same songs and making the same speeches and marching with the same crowd.  

Both are likely to meet similar ends.  I hope the end of Open Shit is a little less bloody.  The Leninists killed
all the Bolsheviks as soon as they had outlived their usefulness.  

Liberated.  Free.  Open.  Common.  Yeah, right!  Dead and dying is a simpler, and more accurate description.

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: "Joseph D. Wagner" <wagnerjd <at> prodigy.net>
Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:55:05 -0500

>I just think this goes a long way to say that GNU/Linux security sucks, the theory of a thousand eyes isn't
true because the eyes aren't looking, GNU/Linux security sucks, FSF is administrated by incompetent
(Continue reading)

David S. Miller | 15 Aug 09:34 2003
Picon

Re: GNU server "compromised"? Gimme a break!


Off topic, cut the crap folks.
Mehran Rezaei | 19 Aug 14:43 2003
Picon

loader

Hello all,

I have installed fortran compiler on an alpha system running tru64. I
have succeeded to compile a fortran
program; however, it gave me an error "a.out:/sbin/loader:Fatal Error:
Insufficient memory to execute program" when I tried to run the program.

I assume this relates to hard limits of the system. Do you have any idea
how to fix the error?
Thanks,

Mehran

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-gcc" in
the body of a message to majordomo <at> vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

H. J. Lu | 21 Aug 17:55 2003

The Linux binutils 2.14.90.0.6 is released

This is the beta release of binutils 2.14.90.0.6 for Linux, which is
based on binutils 2003 0820 in CVS on sources.redhat.com plus various
changes. It is purely for Linux.

Please report any bugs related to binutils 2.14.90.0.6 to hjl <at> lucon.org.

If you don't use

# rpmbuild -ta binutils-xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.tar.gz

to compile the Linux binutils, please read patches/README in source
tree to apply Linux patches.

Changes from binutils 2.14.90.0.5:

1. Update from binutils 2003 0820.
2. No longer use section names for ELF section types nor flags.
3. Fix some ELF/IA64 linker bugs.
4. Fix some ELF/ppc bugs.
5. Add archive support to readelf.

Changes from binutils 2.14.90.0.4.1:

1. Update from binutils 2003 0722.
2. Fix an ELF/mips linker bug.
3. Fix an ELF/hpppa linker bug.
4. Fix an ELF/ia64 assembler bug.
5. Fix a linkonce support with C++ debug.
6. A new working C++ demangler.
7. Various alpha, mips, ia64, ... bug fixes.
(Continue reading)

Agri | 31 Aug 15:32 2003
Picon

sigill (signal 4) on the i586 with binaries compiled on the i686

i have i686-pc-linux-gnu boxwith working linux system.
i'm trying to install linux on the i586
p100 8ram

this is my step by step tries

i have gcc-3.3 compiled for i686-pc-linux-gnu
i had configured and installed linux kernel 2.4.21 for i586,
it succesfully booting on the i586 box.

i had compiled and installed busybox. using it as init was failed.
i booted kernel with init=/bin/sash (standalone shell) - success.
every try to lunch any programm from that shell results in signal 4 (SIGILL).
it is not because of memory. I had tried to boot the same system on i686 box
with mem=8M kernel param - it's OK.

try to use -march=i586 on gcc-3.3 results in nothing.
i was build cross-compiler for gcc-2.95.3 for i586 with glibc-2.2.4 and tried to use it - nothing changed.

where is the problem? how to fix it?

Agri
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-gcc" in
the body of a message to majordomo <at> vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html


Gmane