Daniele Forsi | 1 Mar 12:21 2009
Picon

Re: Use Gnokii in Linux Pardus

2009/2/26 su_root:

> connection=DKU2

read the comments in the sample gnokiirc before trying random
configuration settings

if you still have problems ask here saying which comments aren't clear enough
--

-- 
Daniele Forsi
Timothy Murphy | 1 Mar 14:22 2009
Picon

Sony Ericsson T630

Is anyone using gnokii + bluetooth with this phone?
It used to work for me a couple of years ago,
but seems to have stopped working.

--

-- 
Timothy Murphy  
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Pawel Kot | 7 Mar 21:58 2009
Picon

Re: Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 22:52, Guido Milanese <guido.milanese <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> So from a practical point of view it's all right: I convert the file
> to UTF8 and it's OK. But it would be nice to get the file already UTF8
> encoded.

You can try patch from http://tfuj.pl/gnokii/defaultencoding.patch
That should fix reading SMS. But it will break sending SMS. However if
it fixed reading SMS, I'll update it to fix sending as well.

take care,
--

-- 
Pawel Kot
RaviKumar | 7 Mar 11:47 2009
Picon

Gnokii spool directory problem

Hello,
I have installed gnokii as a sms gateway, but i cannot send SMS due to spool directory path.
Could anyone please tell, how to set spool directory path & from where should i set.
 
Thank you,

Regards,
Ravi.

_______________________________________________
gnokii-users mailing list
gnokii-users <at> nongnu.org
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
Daniele Forsi | 8 Mar 15:58 2009
Picon

Re: Gnokii spool directory problem

2009/3/7 RaviKumar:

> I have installed gnokii as a sms gateway,

do you mean smsd?

> Could anyone please tell, how to set spool directory path & from where
> should i set.

man smsd has all you need, see section "THE FILE MODULE"

--

-- 
Daniele Forsi
Pawel Kot | 8 Mar 21:33 2009
Picon

Re: Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 21:58, Pawel Kot <gnokii <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 22:52, Guido Milanese <guido.milanese <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> So from a practical point of view it's all right: I convert the file
>> to UTF8 and it's OK. But it would be nice to get the file already UTF8
>> encoded.
>
> You can try patch from http://tfuj.pl/gnokii/defaultencoding.patch
> That should fix reading SMS. But it will break sending SMS. However if
> it fixed reading SMS, I'll update it to fix sending as well.

Here goes actually working version:
http://tfuj.pl/gnokii/defaultencoding-02.patch
Tested in courtesy of Daniele Forsi. However I'd like more people to
test (like with Greek characters).

take care,
--

-- 
Pawel Kot
Guido Milanese | 11 Mar 21:30 2009
Picon

Re: Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233

Thanks a lot! Please excuse me for replying late, I noticed your kind
reply today (do not why!)

best regards,
gm

2009/3/7 Pawel Kot <gnokii <at> gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 22:52, Guido Milanese <guido.milanese <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> So from a practical point of view it's all right: I convert the file
>> to UTF8 and it's OK. But it would be nice to get the file already UTF8
>> encoded.
>
> You can try patch from http://tfuj.pl/gnokii/defaultencoding.patch
> That should fix reading SMS. But it will break sending SMS. However if
> it fixed reading SMS, I'll update it to fix sending as well.
>
> take care,
> --
> Pawel Kot
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnokii-users mailing list
> gnokii-users <at> nongnu.org
> http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
>

--

-- 
Guido Milanese - Professor of Latin Language and Literature
The Catholic University, Milano, Italy
http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido
http://www.arsantiqua.org
Pawel Kot | 11 Mar 22:32 2009
Picon

Re: Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:30, Guido Milanese <guido.milanese <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot! Please excuse me for replying late, I noticed your kind
> reply today (do not why!)

So, does it work? There were (are?) some delays with the mailing lists
at the moment.

--

-- 
Pawel Kot
RavikumarGV | 16 Mar 12:03 2009
Picon

Gnokii installtion problem


Hi,
I am using version gnokii was : gnokii-0.6.27
#./configure 
It is ok, showing the SMSD support = yes
                               MYSQL support = yes

While installtion of gnokii after typing #make command i get this error:
creating smsd
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gnokii-0.6.27/smsd'
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gnokii-0.6.27'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.

And after typing the command #make install i get this error:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gnokii-0.6.27'
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.

when i run smsd :
[root <at> server1 smsd]# make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
what does the mean of :      make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
#gnokii --identify is working fine 

Daniele Forsi-2 wrote:
> 
> 2009/3/7 RaviKumar:
> 
>> I have installed gnokii as a sms gateway,
> 
> do you mean smsd?
> 
>> Could anyone please tell, how to set spool directory path & from where
>> should i set.
> 
> man smsd has all you need, see section "THE FILE MODULE"
> 
> -- 
> Daniele Forsi
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> gnokii-users mailing list
> gnokii-users <at> nongnu.org
> http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnokii-users
> 
> 

--

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Gnokii-spool-directory-problem-tp22398711p22535869.html
Sent from the gnokii-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
RavikumarGV | 16 Mar 13:56 2009
Picon

Gnokii settings problem


Hi,I am Ravi. 
when i run smsd file from gnokii installtion, i get the message as 
                        Error: You have not set spool directory, sms sending
is disabled!
From where i do set the spool directory path, i checked the 
#man smsd    
file but, exactly where do i set the path.
Plz, tell with some action example file to overcome the problem.

Thank you,
Ravi.

--

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Gnokii-settings-problem-tp22537452p22537452.html
Sent from the gnokii-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Gmane