| Make Your Budget Work!
Budgeting creates strong views amongst management as to its real value and usefulness. Some management see budgeting as a key discipline without which financial confusion would result. Others see budgeting as out of date - quite unsuitable to the rapidly changing business world of the 21st century when so much business value comes from so-called "intangible" activities of the knowledge age.
This course is aimed at delegates who are, or soon will be, actively involved in budgeting and who want to understand how to make this management tool work to best effect in their organization.
Essentials Of Budgeting And Forecasting you will explore the basic essentials of budgeting and consider a generic step-by-step process of budgeting. Also, we will explore the newer developments and focus upon the modern budgetary tools that have emerged during the last decade or so.
It will be an intensive and highly participative program with a combination of presentations, discussions and a number of syndicate exercises. Please come ready to be actively involved. Before you come to the event please give some time to consider how effective the budgetary arrangements are within your own organization. Do they add value or act more as a tool of constraint and repression?
Please also recognize that there is no "one solution fits all" answer to budgeting in the 21st century. Each organization needs a solution best aligned to its specific requirements and aligned carefully to the other management tools that it uses. Budgeting does not exist in a vacuum and throughout the program we will be aiming to highlight the alignment between budgeting and closely associated financial disciplines. You will leave the programme ready to:
This course aims to facilitate participant knowledge and skills to:
- Improve and maximise your budgeting activities
- Align budgeting more effectively with closely related financial disciplines
- Implement practical steps to plan a budget
- Apply different budgetary techniques
- Enhance your budget process through appropriate KPIs
- Implement the concepts of Activity Based Budgeting (ABB) and Activity Based Costing (ABC)
- Benefit from using rolling forecasts and flexible budgeting
- Successfully forecast, monitor and streamline the budgeting process
- Examine cost analysis and control overhead costs
- Take advantage of the ‘Beyond Budgeting’ model and other new developments in budgeting
- Apply management tools for strategic budgeting and accounting
- Align budget planning with your business strategy
This course is aimed at new finance professionals and non-finance managers who need to develop a practical understanding of relevant budgeting and forecasting techniques.
Topics covered will include:
- Information for sources of capital
- Investor expectations
- Planning, control and improvement
- Financial Planning
- Are budgets doing what we need them to do?
- The importance of diagnosis
- The view from industry - recent evidence
- The role of the rolling forecast
- Why have a rolling forecast?
- What has to roll?
- The information needed to make it happen
- Creating a forecast for revenue and expenditure
- Using a rolling forecast as a catalyst for change
- Its partnership with performance measurement systems
- What's left for the budget to do?
- The need for planning and control
- Links with strategy
- Links to shareholder value
- Its relationship with the rolling forecast
- Creating a process, not an event
- Bringing clarity to accountability
- The inclusion of risk
- Easing the burden and removing distractions
- Leadership and communication
- Roles and responsibilities
- Measurement and behaviour
- Organisational issues
- The role played by systems
The seminar fee is only Php 8,500.00. Registration is required. Seminar fee is inclusive of afternoon snacks and lunch. Participants will receive seminar kit, handouts and certificate.
The seminar will be on September 19, 2008 (Friday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm. It will be held at the Entrepreneurs Accounting Academy, 10th Floor Suite 1006 Rufino Plaza Bldg., 6784 Ayala Ave., Makati City. For inquiries and reservations please call 339.13.01 and ask for Jake.
Payments can be deposited to any Banco De Oro (BDO) branch with the following details:
Account Name: Entrepreneurs Accounting Academy Inc. Account Number: 5420043182
or to any Export and Industry Bank branch with the following details:
Account Name: Entrepreneurs Accounting Academy Account Number: 1113101853
Fax us your deposit slip at (+632) 325.00.72 to close your reservation
For questions/clarifications you may contact/e-mail us at:
(02) 339.13.01 | (02) 338.38.57
jake <at> eaa.edu.ph
Other seminars this month: