alex bodnaru | 1 Oct 02:59 2005
Picon

lack of ftp access to security updates

while there is high availability of debian packages over
various media types and communications protocols, the most
urgent to install packages should be also available through
http and ftp alike.

thanks in advance,

alex

Phyllis Ross | 1 Oct 03:43 2005
Picon

Re: Thank You (KMM228883I12177L0KM)

Good Evening!

Would like to know if my Wheel Watchers number has been chosen for a prize.
My number is PR00323.  Please respond.

Thanks,

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt | 1 Oct 11:32 2005
Picon

http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Paul Wise <pabs3 <at> bonedaddy.net> writes:
> Someone suggested[0] that I contribute a package uploading checklist to
> the "How You Can Help" page. I've attached a patch for the index.wml in
> that dir.

It's probably not the best place for it, as devel/join contains
information about procedures and checks needed to become a Debian
developer.

Technical help and guidelines, like upload checklists, are probably
better placed in the New Maintainers' Guide or the Developers'
Reference.

Marc
--

-- 
BOFH #293:
You must've hit the wrong anykey.
De Luca | 1 Oct 17:48 2005
Picon

problems with packages

Hi,
I can't download the packages I need: the site is not accessible.
Please help.

Patrizia De Luca

Como Dirige | 1 Oct 19:03 2005
Picon

Acidente de Trânsito - Como Dirige!

Prezados,

Testemunhamos a atitude imprudente que alguns motoristas adotam ao dirigir =
colocando=20
em risco as suas vidas e a de outros.
A responsabilidade =E9 de quem est=E1 ao volante, mas o cuidado pode ser de=
 todos=20
n=F3s.
Oferecemos nosso servi=E7o na ajuda do gerenciamento de sua FROTA.
Veja www.comodirige.com.br.

Como Dirige

Jutta Wrage | 1 Oct 20:36 2005
Picon

Suggestion for the mailto-link


Hi!

There are two problems with the mailto-link for the webmaster on the  
pages:

1. If it is set to debian-www mailing list, people do not know, that  
they are writing to a mailing list
2. As there is not default subject set, we cannot see, from which  
page people come

On my own pages I have something like

<a href="mailto:debian-www <at> www.debian.org?subject=Comment%20on% 
20www.debian.org">webmaster mailing list</A> and different addresses.

I nice idea would be setting the subject to include the page:

<a href="mailto:debian-www <at> www.debian.org?subject=Comment%20on% 
20www.debian.org/path-to-page/page">webmaster mailing list</A>

And as most mail programs (MUAs) support body:

<a href="mailto:debian-www <at> www.debian.org?subject=www.d.o/path-to- 
page/page?body=Please%20 note,%20that%20you%20are%20writing%20your  
comment%20to%20a maling%20list!">webmaster mailing list</A>

There are other variants possible.

greetings
(Continue reading)

Paul Wise | 2 Oct 06:02 2005
Picon

http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 11:32 +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:

> > Someone suggested[0] that I contribute a package uploading checklist to
> > the "How You Can Help" page. I've attached a patch for the index.wml in
> > that dir.
> 
> It's probably not the best place for it, as devel/join contains
> information about procedures and checks needed to become a Debian
> developer.
> 
> Technical help and guidelines, like upload checklists, are probably
> better placed in the New Maintainers' Guide or the Developers'
> Reference.

I agree. I think maint-guide is a better place for it. I've fleshed out
my checklist a bit more and submitted a patch against that package.

--

-- 
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise
gaynell okeefer | 2 Oct 06:59 2005
Picon

unsubcription

this is gokeefer <at> yahoo.com and i want to unsubcribe to all in debian.Thank you.

Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
Trish Parr | 2 Oct 16:04 2005

Re: directory has an incorrect URL . . .

Hi,
 
Please update my surname. I have not gone by Hopkins for several years now.
Your web page at :
shows "Trish Hopkins" as webmaster for the Proud to be Parr website, in several places. Please change ALL to "Trish Parr".
 
Also . . .  the email address you show in (on-list) (off-list) has been non-functional for several years.
 
Thanks,
Trish
 
 
Frans Pop | 2 Oct 16:37 2005
Picon

Re: directory has an incorrect URL . . .

On Sunday 02 October 2005 16:04, Trish Parr wrote:
> Please update my surname. I have not gone by Hopkins for several years
> now. Your web page at :
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2003/10/msg00065.html
> shows "Trish Hopkins" as webmaster for the Proud to be Parr website, in
> several places. Please change ALL to "Trish Parr".
>
> Also . . .  the email address you show in (on-list) (off-list) has been
> non-functional for several years.

As this is a mailarchive, it shows the information as it was at the time a 
message was sent to the list. In that light, the information shown is 
correct and there is no reason to update it.

With kind regards,
Frans Pop
Debian list archive master


Gmane