Miquel Cantallops | 1 Jul 01:54 2004
Picon

Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

Package: tetex-bin
Version: 2.0.2-15
Severity: normal

apt-get install tetex-bin fails rendering the paquet uninstallable. So
all paquets that depend on tetex-bin are also uninstallable.

# apt-get install tetex-bin
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Suggested packages:
  lpr tetex-extra
Recommended packages:
  dialog texi2html perl-tk
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  tetex-bin
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/3903kB of archives.
After unpacking 8864kB of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package tetex-bin.
(Reading database ... 30602 files and directories currently
installed.)
Unpacking tetex-bin (from .../tetex-bin_2.0.2-15_i386.deb) ...
Setting up tetex-bin (2.0.2-15) ...

Creating config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf with new
version

Creating config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/15Plain.cnf with new version
(Continue reading)

Debian Bug Tracking System | 1 Jul 10:03 2004
Picon

Processed: Re: Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

Processing commands for control <at> bugs.debian.org:

> merge 257075 248351
Bug#248351: tetex-bin: update-texmf: cp -p gives an error
Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails
Merged 248351 257075.

> stop
Stopping processing here.

Please contact me if you need assistance.

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

Frank Küster | 1 Jul 09:39 2004
Picon

Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

merge 257075 248351
stop

Miquel Cantallops <miquel <at> cantallops.net> wrote:

> Package: tetex-bin
> Version: 2.0.2-15
> Severity: normal
>
> apt-get install tetex-bin fails rendering the paquet uninstallable. So
> all paquets that depend on tetex-bin are also uninstallable.
>
> # apt-get install tetex-bin
[...]
> Generating /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf ... cp: preserving permissions for
> `/tmp/tmp.dE4EBE/texmfXI3miuC.md5sum.d': Invalid argument

This has been reported before (therefore merging the bugs), but
unfortunately the first submitter did not answer our questions. Thus we
were not able to do anything about this. Nice to find somebody else who
encounters the problem, I hope you have some time to help us out.

Could you please tell us which kind of filesystem you use on the
partition that contains /tmp? If you don't remember, the output of a
"mount" command without arguments would help.

Thanks in advance, Frank
--

-- 
Frank Küster, Biozentrum der Univ. Basel
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie
(Continue reading)

Miquel Cantallops Mora | 1 Jul 14:15 2004
Picon

Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 09:39:25AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> merge 257075 248351
> stop
> 
> Miquel Cantallops <miquel <at> cantallops.net> wrote:
> 
> > Package: tetex-bin
> > Version: 2.0.2-15
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > apt-get install tetex-bin fails rendering the paquet uninstallable. So
> > all paquets that depend on tetex-bin are also uninstallable.
> >
> > # apt-get install tetex-bin
> [...]
> > Generating /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf ... cp: preserving permissions for
> > `/tmp/tmp.dE4EBE/texmfXI3miuC.md5sum.d': Invalid argument
> 
> This has been reported before (therefore merging the bugs), but
> unfortunately the first submitter did not answer our questions. Thus we
> were not able to do anything about this. Nice to find somebody else who
> encounters the problem, I hope you have some time to help us out.
> 
> Could you please tell us which kind of filesystem you use on the
> partition that contains /tmp? If you don't remember, the output of a
> "mount" command without arguments would help.

All the / system is XFS:

$ mount
(Continue reading)

Frank Küster | 1 Jul 15:13 2004
Picon

Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

Miquel Cantallops Mora <miquel <at> cantallops.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 09:39:25AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> 
>> Could you please tell us which kind of filesystem you use on the
>> partition that contains /tmp? If you don't remember, the output of a
>> "mount" command without arguments would help.
>
> All the / system is XFS:
>
> $ mount
> /dev/hda1 on / type unknown (rw)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (
>
>
> The kernel is from a Debian XFS Netinst CD:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux ithaqua 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs #1 Son Jul 14 09:40:39 CEST 2002 i686
> GNU/Linux
>
> The computer is a laptop Thinkpad T21 that I got two daya ago. I'll try to
> upgrade the kernel to 2.6.7, because my desktop also has xfs, with a 2.6.5
> kernel, and has no problem with all that. It also could be some
> missconfiguration or missing dependency :-?

I doubt this. If I am right, you can have the same error message with 
(Continue reading)

Debian Bug Tracking System | 1 Jul 16:18 2004
Picon

Processed: Re: Bug#251358: tetex-bin fails to find configuration files

Processing commands for control <at> bugs.debian.org:

> tags 251358 moreinfo
Bug#251358: Something broken in tetex-bin
There were no tags set.
Tags added: moreinfo

> stop
Stopping processing here.

Please contact me if you need assistance.

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

Frank Küster | 1 Jul 15:55 2004
Picon

Bug#251358: tetex-bin fails to find configuration files

tags 251358 moreinfo
stop

Hi Vittorio, 

you probably forgot to answer, just a reminder:

Hilmar Preusse <hille42 <at> web.de> wrote:

> On 28.05.04 Vittorio De Martino (v.demartino2 <at> virgilio.it) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Followup-For: Bug #251358
>> 
>> Versions of packages tetex-bin depends on:
>> pn  tetex-base (>> 2.0.2-5.1)                Not found.
>> 
> And I guess, that bug still occures, after you've installed
> tetex-base?

Can we close the bug?

Thank you very much,

Frank
--

-- 
Frank Küster, Biozentrum der Univ. Basel
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie

(Continue reading)

Miquel Cantallops Mora | 1 Jul 23:32 2004
Picon

Bug#257075: tetex-bin: apt-get install fails

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 03:13:40PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Miquel Cantallops Mora <miquel <at> cantallops.net> wrote:
[...]
> > All the / system is XFS:
[...]
> > $ uname -a
> > Linux ithaqua 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs #1 Son Jul 14 09:40:39 CEST 2002 i686
[...]
> 
> I doubt this. If I am right, you can have the same error message with 
> 
> cp -p an/arbitrary/file /tmp
> 
> I can do this with 
> 
> alhambra:~# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy/
> alhambra:~# cp -p bla /floppy/
> cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/floppy/bla': Operation not permitted
> alhambra:~# 
> 
> If you want an installed tetex-bin, you can edit /usr/sbin/update-texmf
> and replace the line
> 
> cp -a ${MD5SUMS} ${TMPTXMF}.md5sum.d
> 
> to
> 
> cp -R ${MD5SUMS} ${TMPTXMF}.md5sum.d 

Checked and true. Problem is triggered by -p option.
(Continue reading)

Richard Lewis | 2 Jul 16:42 2004
Face
Picon

Re: Bug#145478: problems with multido.doc on CTAN

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@...> writes:

> old:
> Description: teTeX texmf source files
>  This is teTeX (version 1.0), a TeX distribution for UNIX compatible
>  systems.
>  .
>  Source files for the texmf tree of the Debian teTeX distribution.
>  They are only here to meet the copyright requirements of some
>  tex packages.
>  .
>  You don't need to install them to have a running TeX system.
>
> proposal:
> Description: teTeX texmf source tree
>  This is a part of teTeX, a TeX distribution for UNIX compatible
>  systems.
>  .
>  These are the source files for the texmf tree of the Debian teTeX
>  distribution. The license of some packages requires to ship the
                                                      ^
insert "us" here

>  source texmf-tree together with the texmf-tree. Hereby we're meeting
>  this copyright requirement.
>  .
>  You don't need to install that package to have a running teTeX
                             ^^^^

should be "this"
(Continue reading)

Frank Küster | 3 Jul 20:27 2004
Picon

Re: tetex-base needs a new orig.tar.gz

Frank Küster <frank <at> debian.org> schrieb:

> frank <at> kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) wrote:
>
>> Frank Küster <frank <at> debian.org> wrote:
>>
>>> So, this is what we want to do:
>>>
>>> 1. Remove non-free files from the orig.tar.gz (this is a must!)
>>>
>>
>> Ad 1)
>>
> [...]
>> - #139900: Contains non-free hyphenation files and
>>   #219294, #247046: Please include (now free) cahyph.tex
>
> There's one more: ukhyphen.tex, which is also removed from
> tetex-beta. There's no permission to distribute derivative works. 

We should also change tetex-bin and add the new files to the debconf
choices. But this one requires a change, because the postinst (fmtutil)
will fail if ukhyphen is enabled, but not found.

I noticed that the dependencies between tetex-bin and tetex-base are
awkward:

tetex-bin: Conflicts: tetex-base (<< 2.0.2-6)
           Depends: tetex-base (>> 2.0.2-5.1)

(Continue reading)


Gmane