I just have updated the package wxMaxima as the last upstream release has been updated (without a change in the version number).
* wxWidgets 3.0 is now a mandatory requirement
* Various bugfixes
* Loads of stability and performance fixes
* Adjustable framerate for animations
* A version-control friendly flavour of the wxmx format
* A mimetype marker at the beginning of wxmx files
* Better desktop integration
* An offline manual
* Autodetection of maxima's working directory on Mac and Windows
* Use gnuplot_postamble instead of gnuplot_preamble
* Dropped the hard dependency of TeXinfo
* Translation updates
* LaTeX: Use centered dots for multiplications
* LaTeX: Added an option to select if superscripts should be
placed above or after subscripts
* LaTeX: Allow the user to add additional commands to the preamble.
* Export of animations to pdf (via a pdfTeX file run) and html
* Now complex conjugates are drawn as overstrike text.
* bumped the minor version number of .wxmx: overstrike text is
a new feature and therefore a file containing it cannot be read by
old wxMaxima versions.
* An autosave functionality that makes maxima work more like a mobile
app whose documents are always saved.
* A table-of-contents pane for faster navigation
* It is now possible to scroll away from a running evaluation for
arbitrary lengths of time and to choose to follow the evaluation
* Now TeX scales down images that are obviously too big for the page.
* An undo for cell deletes and for adding cells.
* Autocompletion for units from ezUnits
The new re-release addresses a windows-only bug and fixes the long-standing problem that the cursor sometimes instead of moving down jumped to the beginning of the worksheet.