Picon

Problems running autogen.sh

Greetings,

I'm trying to install the svn version of Orca on my Debian Unstable. 
However, I get the following messages:

"Please add the files codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 
isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4 PROGTEST.M4 from the /usr/share/aclocal 
directory to your autoconf macro directory or directly to your aclocal.m4 
file."

What am I missing?

Bertil Smark Nilsson

Luke Yelavich | 29 Mar 01:52 2007

Re: Problems running autogen.sh

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:37:05AM EST, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
> Greetings,
> 
> I'm trying to install the svn version of Orca on my Debian Unstable. 
> However, I get the following messages:
> 
> "Please add the files codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 
> isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4 PROGTEST.M4 from the /usr/share/aclocal 
> directory to your autoconf macro directory or directly to your aclocal.m4 
> file."

Have you got the gnome-common package installed? Just about all GNOME 
projects I've downloaded from svn/CVS, have needed that package.

hth
--

-- 
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE 
	 (http://www.themuso.com/themuso-gpg-key.txt)
Email & MSN: themuso <at> themuso.com
Jabber: themuso <at> jabber.org.au
Picon

Re: Problems running autogen.sh

Hello Luke,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:37:05AM EST, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm trying to install the svn version of Orca on my Debian Unstable.
>> However, I get the following messages:
>>
>> "Please add the files codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4
>> isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4 PROGTEST.M4 from the /usr/share/aclocal
>> directory to your autoconf macro directory or directly to your aclocal.m4
>> file."
>
> Have you got the gnome-common package installed? Just about all GNOME
> projects I've downloaded from svn/CVS, have needed that package.
>
Yes, I have Gnome-common version 2.12.0-2 installed.

Bertil

Luke Yelavich | 29 Mar 02:28 2007

Re: Problems running autogen.sh

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:04:14AM EST, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
> >Have you got the gnome-common package installed? Just about all GNOME
> >projects I've downloaded from svn/CVS, have needed that package.
> >
> Yes, I have Gnome-common version 2.12.0-2 installed.

You could use apt-file to find what packages those files belong to.
--

-- 
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE 
	 (http://www.themuso.com/themuso-gpg-key.txt)
Email & MSN: themuso <at> themuso.com
Jabber: themuso <at> jabber.org.au
Picon

Re: Problems running autogen.sh

Hello again,

Problem solved. I deleted the orca directory structure and started again. 
And it worked. I found out last night that it would be a good idea to run 
aclocal - which I did. But I obviously had to start from scratch for the 
changes to take effect.

Regards,

Bertil


Gmane