[IAC#RG] Public Notice: Beware of Jack-in-the-Box jokers
2014-03-06 09:36:50 GMT
The elections have been announced, model code of conduct is in force and it is widely expected that this will be India's dirtiest election in a long time. Already Congress sock-puppets are popping up like Jack-in-the-box jokers to fool voters by claiming association with IAC.
Here are the facts briefly :-
1)That we are indisputably the owners and promoters of the "India Against Corruption" (hereinafter called "IAC") "movement" since 26-February-2007. The name of IAC is closely and indelibly continually associated since then with (and vests in) Mr. Sarbajit Roy (National Convenor) and Mr. Veeresh Malik (Co-Convenor), supported by a core team ('aka' "Core Committee") of leading Free Speech activists in India located in several widely separated States of India. Recently eminent activist Mr.Chanderkant J. Karira is also nominated as a Co-Convenor.
2) That the IAC "movement" originated on 26 Feb-2007 when a motley group of RTI activists gathered outside CIC office in strange circumstances and agreed to do something for the national good as "India Against Corruption", which name was proposed on the spot by National Convenor. This task was exclusively taken forward by Sarbajit Roy and Veeresh Malik when the others dropped out.
2) That in the year 2010, the IAC leadership made modest donations to a registered public trust "Public Cause Research Foundation" (www.pcrf.in) to conduct a modest anti-corruption publicity campaign for it (in name and style of "India Against Corruption") to educate the masses after the conclusion of the Commonwealth Games 2010 in New Delhi on 14.October.2010 and to thereby circulate evidence of widespread corruption in these Games gathered by IAC. The financial details of the aforesaid arrangement ("PCRF has taken up a new activity known as "India Against Corruption") are accessible in the public domain and also reflect in the audited accounts of the PCRF. The campaign was so popular that large sums of money later came to be deposited into PCRF's account under the head "India Against Corruption" and many ordinary citizens all over India volunteered as unpaid workers for the anti-corruption cause and the local campaigns which sprang up spontaneously using social media.
3) The main promoters of the PCRF (ie. Mr. Arvind Kejriwal and Mr. Manish Sisodia) are equally Free Speech activists and were quite well known to the promoters of IAC since long before 2007. On 9.Dec.2010 when the IAC came to know that PCRF (on 1.Dec.2010 and 7.Dec.2010) had enlarged the scope of their publicity campaign to include other mischievous "anti-corruption" campaigns and NGO's under IAC's banners and name, the IAC expressly communicated to M/s. PCRF (then acting as the "Secretariat" for the pan-Indian anti-corruption platform) that IAC's martyrs, banners and name should not be associated with independent causes (such as for "Jan Lokpal Bill" or "Return Black Money" campaign of M/s. Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev respectively brought in by PCRF) not linked to CWG-2010. Due to some differences within PCRF (specifically their Trustee Ms. Kiran Bedi who involved Anna Hazare and was a vested interest effectively acting as Anna's PR agent) the PCRF could only accede to IAC's demand from 6.Feb.2011 onwards.
4) That on 5.April.2011 at New Delhi, Mr. Anna Hazare's staff objected to display of IAC's revolutionary banners (independently put up by one "Baba Ramdev") at Mr.Hazare's fast venue and disrespectfully caused these banners with HRA images of Shahids Bhagat Singh and Chandra Shekhar Azad etc. over the slogan "Sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhna hai zor kitna baazu-e-qaatil mein hai" be torn down because Television media managers were suggesting that such bold banners detracted from their careful media positioning of Anna as a so-called "Gandhian".
5) The veteran socialist leader Sharad Yadav, outside whose party office the protest was taking place, was also abused and heckled by Mr.Hazare's followers that day who portrayed that he was "Sharad Pawar" who was named to the Drafting Committee.
6) That all these insulting episodes caused IAC to lodge (the same evening) a Police Complaint against Mr.Anna Hazare and Ms.Kiran Bedi for sedition and anti-national activity which was promptly acknowledged by Special CP of Delhi Police. In these circumstances, Mr. Anna Hazare's Jan Lokpal Bill campaign was henceforth known as "Team Anna". IAC has never had any dealings with Mr. Anna Hazare. Mr. Hazare never had any permission to use IAC's name, trademarks and logos for his campaigns.
7) That with effect from 26.November.2012 the PCRF promoters launched a political party "Aam Aadmi Party" and all PCRF's non-financial assets generated for the aforesaid "India Against Corruption" campaign are exclusively with us and with nobody else. That regrettably the PCRF seems to be nonfunctional as a Trust thereafter due to politically motivated criminal cases being lodged against its main founding Trustees, and hence its latest audited accounts till 31.03.2013 are not known to the public or to IAC.
8) On 2.Nov.2012 IAC National Convenor set up the website "www.indiaagainstcorruption.net.in" to be the official website of IAC. For legal reasons the previous website "www.indiaagainstcorruption.org" (it is registered in USA) is mutually
disabled as IAC does not want to take on its associated liabilities. The official website of IAC is also "www.indiaagainstcorruption.org.in" which was recovered on 6.Dec.2013
from a cyber-squatter and is now the IAC's preferred information website. Another such recovered domain is "www.indiaagainstcorruption.us" as IAC will be filing cases against US bodies who are blatantly anti-Indian.
9) Shri. Anna Hazare has no direct role to play in IAC's affairs,and IAC has never supported his Jan Lokpal Bill demand and its connected activities. IAC's views about the persons who control Mr. Hazare today is well known, and IAC does not endorse any political actions by Shri Hazare or activities of any political party including any of our friends formerly in IAC.
10) "India Against Corruption" is today an apolitical, secular, socialist, Republican, conservative, revolutionary, Hindutva movement working for the national good. (NB: Hindutva is an ancient inclusive way of life inherently capable of harmoniously accommodating all faiths, religions and beliefs or non-beliefs).
For India Against Corruption
Post: "indiaresists@..." Exit: "indiaresists-unsubscribe@..." Quit: "https://lists.riseup.net/www/signoff/indiaresists" Help: https://help.riseup.net/en/list-user WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in