Re: How to proceed for Linitx/LEX Computech/Infineon Danube ADSL2+ PCI missing files?
TJ <gpl-violations <at> iam.tj>
2012-05-03 18:28:29 GMT
On 04/03/12 21:20, Armijn Hemel wrote:
> I have contacted Lantiq (who spun off from Infineon and who do the
> Danube platform) to find out if it is an issue on their side, or if it
> is the ODM that has an issue.
> Stay tuned.
I wondered if you'd had any response since March on this?
The source bundles as provided by Linitx and LEX Computech are missing key files required to make many of the packages.
So far I've identified the following omissions:
1. IFX custom build scripts in many of the sub-project directories rely on some custom build environment set-up
scripts to define libraries and tools and those set-up scripts are missing:
Without those I cannot build the same binaries for the device, or even build many of the binaries at all.
2. The source to uClibc is missing. According to the uClibc README it is LGPL licensed. Version 0.9.27 is
used in the pre-built tool-chain.
3. Busybox fails to build since it is missing an Infineon-specific header file "ifx_config.h"
4. The kernel config/build does not build any of the Danube-specific code for this device.
5. The kernel source bundle is targeted for a different product, based on the embedded configuration in the