Peter Saint-Andre | 17 Jun 17:44 2011

Minutes of IETF/W3C Liaison Call, 2011-06-13

IETF/W3C Liaison Call, June 13, 2011

Attendees: Mark Nottingham, Stephen Farrell, Peter Saint-Andre, Robert
Sparks, Pete Resnick, Russ Housley, Gonzalo Camarillo, Thomas Roessler,
Philippe Le Hagaret, Alissa Cooper, Hannes Tschofenig, Sean Turner

Regrets: John Klensin, Alexey Melnikov

- Choose scribe

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

- Agenda bashing

Alexey suggested HTTP Authentication BoF
Peter suggested vCard4

- HTTP-AUTH BoF [ Peter ]

Ongoing discussion for years; might be helpful to have a BoF NOT about
starting a working group at the IETF, but to get issues on the table,
become clear on the problems to be solved. Mark: done deal? Peter: BoF
Coordination call is on Thursday, so will know soon; seems to be general
agreement (e.g., among Apps and Security ADs) that it'd be productive.

- W3C Identity in the Browser Workshop summary  [ Thomas ]
  <http://www.w3.org/2011/identity-ws/>
  http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/06/workshop_tackles_the_hard_prob.html

Summary from Thomas. Major outcome: crypto APIs in the browser, concrete
(Continue reading)

Mark Nottingham | 18 Jun 00:56 2011
Picon

Question about HTML5 Last Call

One question I forgot to ask on the liaison call -- has there been any discussion or reasoning about the
timeframe of the LC? It's a very large document and a relatively short window for review, especially
considering the pace of change in the document to date.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

Julian Reschke | 18 Jun 08:43 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Question about HTML5 Last Call

On 2011-06-18 00:56, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> One question I forgot to ask on the liaison call -- has there been any discussion or reasoning about the
timeframe of the LC? It's a very large document and a relatively short window for review, especially
considering the pace of change in the document to date.
> ...

Furthermore, it keeps changing while being in LC. Yes, with new features.

Best regards, Julian

Mykyta Yevstifeyev | 18 Jun 09:40 2011
Picon

Re: Question about HTML5 Last Call

As far as I can see, the LC ends on 3 August:

The W3C HTML Working Group is the W3C working group responsible for this specification's progress along the W3C Recommendation track. This specification is the 25 May 2011 Last Call Working Draft. The Last Call period ends 03 August 2011.
Mykyta

18.06.2011 9:43, Julian Reschke wrote:
On 2011-06-18 00:56, Mark Nottingham wrote:
One question I forgot to ask on the liaison call -- has there been any discussion or reasoning about the timeframe of the LC? It's a very large document and a relatively short window for review, especially considering the pace of change in the document to date.
...

Furthermore, it keeps changing while being in LC. Yes, with new features.

Best regards, Julian



Pete Resnick | 17 Jun 19:02 2011

Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3536bis-02.txt> (Terminology Used in Internationalization in the IETF) to BCP

I was asked to forward this.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Date: From: Reply-To: To: CC:
Last Call: (Terminology Used in Internationalization in the IETF) to BCP
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:04:00 -0700
The IESG <iesg-secretary <at> ietf.org>
<ietf <at> ietf.org>
IETF-Announce <ietf-announce <at> ietf.org>
<apps-discuss <at> ietf.org>


The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group WG (appsawg) to consider the following document: - 'Terminology Used in Internationalization in the IETF' <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3536bis-02.txt> as a BCP The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the ietf <at> ietf.org mailing lists by 2011-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to iesg <at> ietf.org instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting. Abstract This document provides a glossary of terms used in the IETF when discussing internationalization. The purpose is to help frame discussions of internationalization in the various areas of the IETF and to help introduce the main concepts to IETF participants. The file can be obtained via http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3536bis/ IESG discussion can be tracked via http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3536bis/ No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D. _______________________________________________ IETF-Announce mailing list IETF-Announce <at> ietf.org https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
Mark Nottingham | 22 Jun 05:24 2011
Picon

Fwd: [apps-discuss] Fwd: Second Last Call: <draft-hammer-hostmeta-16.txt> (Web Host Metadata) to Proposed Standard

FYI. Note that feedback needs to go to the ietf list (or, exceptionally, to the IESG).

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter <at> stpeter.im>
> Date: 22 June 2011 2:41:08 AM AEST
> To: "apps-discuss <at> ietf.org" <apps-discuss <at> ietf.org>, "ietf-http-wg <at> w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg <at> w3.org>
> Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: Second Last Call: <draft-hammer-hostmeta-16.txt> (Web Host Metadata)
to Proposed Standard
> 
> FYI, you still have 8 days to provide feedback on this one.
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Second Last Call: <draft-hammer-hostmeta-16.txt> (Web Host
> Metadata)	to Proposed Standard
> Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:53:38 -0700
> From: The IESG <iesg-secretary <at> ietf.org>
> Reply-To: ietf <at> ietf.org
> To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce <at> ietf.org>
> 
> 
> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
> the following document:
> - 'Web Host Metadata'
>  <draft-hammer-hostmeta-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> ietf <at> ietf.org mailing lists by 2011-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
> sent to iesg <at> ietf.org instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> Abstract
> 
> 
>   This specification describes a method for locating host metadata as
>   well as information about individual resources controlled by the
>   host.
> 
> Editorial Note (to be removed by RFC Editor)
> 
>   Please discuss this draft on the apps-discuss <at> ietf.org [1] mailing
>   list.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hammer-hostmeta/
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hammer-hostmeta/
> 
> 
> No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> IETF-Announce <at> ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> 
> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> apps-discuss <at> ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/


Gmane