Stewart Bryant | 3 Jul 14:22 2006
Picon

[Fwd: [mpls] ECN-MPLS draft]


May be of interest to us as well.

- Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[mpls] ECN-MPLS draft
Date: 	Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:15:19 -0400
From: 	Bruce Davie <bdavie <at> cisco.com>
To: 	mpls <at> ietf.org

The draft below may be of interest to the MPLS WG. I plan to discuss  
it at the TSVWG meeting on Monday morning in Montreal.

Bruce

> I-D ACTION:draft-davie-ecn-mpls-00.txt
>
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.
>
>
>     Title        : Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS
>     Author(s)    : B. Davie, et al.
>     Filename    : draft-davie-ecn-mpls-00.txt
>     Pages        : 21
>     Date        : 2006-6-20
>
>    RFC 3270 defines how to support the Diffserv arhitecture in MPLS
(Continue reading)

Stewart Bryant | 3 Jul 15:13 2006
Picon

SG15/12 liaision on T-MPLS

The ITU SG15/12 has responded to our liaison
on T-MPLS.

This is posted at

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=239

in addition they have CCed us on the response
to the MFA

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=238

since this contains some notes of clarification that
are of interest to us.

We also expect to be CCed on the response to MPLS,
but this is still in the ITU approval. I will let
the WG know when I see the MPLS LS.

These liaisons contain a request that we review
the new text of g-8110-1_ar-v2.doc by 1-August to ensure
that our concerns have been addressed.

If anyone has any concerns with the text please let me know
and I will collect them together and respond on behalf of the
PWE3 WG.

- Stewart
Stewart Bryant | 3 Jul 19:07 2006
Picon

[Fwd: Re: Congestion Control note to WG]

At the IESG review of the PWE3 ATM draft there were concerns
raised that although we make reference to a congestion avoidance
mechanisms in RFC3985 and in the various encapsulation drafts, we
have taken no steps to design one. This resulted in a blocking
DISCUSS being placed on the ATM work.

We have reached an agreement with the IESG, and in particular
with the transport ADs that the ATM draft will be unblocked so long as
we make a diligent attempt to design a suitable congestion avoidance
mechanism for PWE3.

As a reminder of the past, the PWE3 WG was started in the transport
area explicitly to ensure that we took into account the congestion
issues. Whilst we were under the management of the Transport Area
Directors section 6.5 of RFC3895 was written to scope the 
congestion problem in the PWE3 context.

To move this forward the chairs propose the following:

draft-rosen-pwe3-congestion-0x.txt

has be resubmitted with a view to using this as the basis of
either a problem statement/framework for this work, or as
the home of the description of the mechanism.

We will discuss this topic in Montreal, but I think that we need
to get a problem statement/framework to PWE3 WG draft status
within the very near future to demonstrate that we are upholding
our side of the bargain.

(Continue reading)

Gray, Eric | 3 Jul 22:03 2006

RE: [Fwd: Re: Congestion Control note to WG]

Sewart,

	Assuming Eric Rosen is willing to do this, I support this
proposal.

--
Eric 

--> -----Original Message-----
--> From: Stewart Bryant [mailto:stbryant <at> cisco.com] 
--> Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 1:08 PM
--> To: pwe3
--> Cc: lars.eggert <at> netlab.nec.de; Mark Townsley; Danny McPherson
--> Subject: [PWE3] [Fwd: Re: Congestion Control note to WG]
--> 
--> At the IESG review of the PWE3 ATM draft there were concerns
--> raised that although we make reference to a congestion avoidance
--> mechanisms in RFC3985 and in the various encapsulation drafts, we
--> have taken no steps to design one. This resulted in a blocking
--> DISCUSS being placed on the ATM work.
--> 
--> We have reached an agreement with the IESG, and in particular
--> with the transport ADs that the ATM draft will be unblocked 
--> so long as
--> we make a diligent attempt to design a suitable congestion avoidance
--> mechanism for PWE3.
--> 
--> As a reminder of the past, the PWE3 WG was started in the transport
--> area explicitly to ensure that we took into account the congestion
--> issues. Whilst we were under the management of the Transport Area
(Continue reading)

Adrian Farrel | 4 Jul 01:35 2006
Picon

New Liaison Statement, "Continued IETF / SG15 Cooperation on T-MPLS and other MPLS Issues"


Title: Continued IETF / SG15 Cooperation on T-MPLS and other MPLS Issues
Submission Date: 2006-07-03
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=241 
Please reply by 2006-09-25

From: Adrian Farrel(IETF CCAMP WG) <adrian <at> olddog.co.uk>
To: ITU-T SG15(Greg jones <greg.jones <at> itu.int>)
Cc: Loa Andersson <loa <at> pi.se>
George Swallow <swallow <at> cisco.com>
Deborah Brungard <dbrungard <at> att.com>
Ross Callon <rcallon <at> juniper.net>
Bill Fenner <fenner <at> rearch.att.com>
Stewart Bryant <stbryant <at> cisco.com>
Danny McPherson < danny <at> arbor.net>
Mark Townsley <townsley <at> cisco.com>
IESG <iesg <at> ietf.org>
IAB <iab <at> ietf.org>
Steve Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge <at> lucent.com>
Malcolm Betts <betts01 <at> nortel.com>
Ghani Abbas <ghani.abbas <at> marconi.com>
Houlin Zhao <houlin.zhao <at> itu.int>
Yoichi Maeda  <maeda <at> ansl.ntt.co.jp>
Jari Arkko <jari.arkko <at> piuha.net>
Scott Bradner <sob <at> harvard.edu>
Scott Brim <sbrim <at> cisco.com>
CCAMP mailing list <ccamp <at> ops.ietf.org>
MPLS mailing list <mpls <at> lists.ietf.org>
PWE3 mailing list <pwe3 <at> ietf.org>
Reponse Contact: Adrian Farrel <adrian <at> olddog.co.uk>
(Continue reading)

Danny McPherson | 5 Jul 16:18 2006
Picon

PWE3 <at> IETF 66

Folks,
The final PWE3 agenda for the upcoming meeting is located
here (and inline below):

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/agenda/pwe3.txt

If you've got a slot please send your slides to Matthew,
Stewart and I by no later than noon EST on July 10 (or
you may lose your slot).

Thanks!

-danny & Stewart

-------------

TUESDAY, July 11, 2006 - 1740-1840 & 1850-1950
-----------------------------------
CHAIRS: Danny McPherson & Stewart Bryant

15 mins WG Status and Update - Chairs

10 mins - VCCV-BFD Issues - Tom Nadeau (tnadeau <at> cisco.com)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-10.txt

10 mins - Dynamic placement of MS-PWs - Luce Martini  
(lmartini <at> cisco.com)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-01.txt

10 mins - VCCV Extensions for Segmented Pseudo-Wire - Mustapha Aissaoui
(Continue reading)

Mustapha Aissaoui | 5 Jul 18:51 2006
Picon

RE: PWE3 <at> IETF 66

Danny and all,
attached is the draft on PW redundancy we have requested a slot for in the
agenda. Sorry but we were unable to post it on time.

Thanks,
Mustapha. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny McPherson [mailto:danny <at> tcb.net] 
> Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:18 AM
> To: pwe3 pwe3
> Subject: [PWE3] PWE3  <at> IETF 66
> 
> Folks,
> The final PWE3 agenda for the upcoming meeting is located 
> here (and inline below):
> 
> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/agenda/pwe3.txt
> 
> If you've got a slot please send your slides to Matthew, 
> Stewart and I by no later than noon EST on July 10 (or you 
> may lose your slot).
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> -danny & Stewart
> 
> 
> -------------
> 
(Continue reading)

Danny McPherson | 5 Jul 19:01 2006
Picon

Re: PWE3 <at> IETF 66


On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Mustapha Aissaoui wrote:

> Danny and all,
> attached is the draft on PW redundancy we have requested a slot for  
> in the
> agenda. Sorry but we were unable to post it on time.

Thanks..

Matthew, can you make available via the PWE3 meetings page
and then post an updated agenda to the list with a pointer
included?

Thanks!

-danny
Greg Jones | 5 Jul 23:13 2006

New Liaison Statement, "Response to IETF mpls WG liaison statement on T-MPLS"


Title: Response to IETF mpls WG liaison statement on T-MPLS
Submission Date: 2006-07-05
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=242 
Please reply by 2006-08-16

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <tsbsg15 <at> itu.int>
To: IETF mpls WG, CC: IETF pwe3 WG(George Swallow <swallow <at> cisco.com>, Loa Andersson <loa <at> pi.se>,
Stewart Bryant <stbryant <at> cisco.com>, Danny McPherson <danny <at> arbor.net>)
Cc: Scott Bradner <sob <at> harvard.edu>
Ross Callon <rcallon <at> juniper.net>
 Bill Fenner <fenner <at> research.att.com>
mpls <at> lists.ietf.org
Jari Arkko <jari.arkko <at> piuha.net>
Mark Townsley <townsley <at> cisco.com>
<pwe3 <at> ietf.org>
Yoichi Maeda <yoichi.maeda <at> ntt-at.co.jp>
Steve Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge <at> lucent.com>
Reponse Contact: ITU-T SG15 <tsbsg15 <at> itu.int>
Greg Jones <greg.jones <at> itu.int>
Technical Contact: Malcolm Betts <betts01 <at> nortel.com>
 Ghani Abbas <ghani.abbas <at> marconi.com>
Mark Jones <mark.jones <at> sprint.com>
Purpose: For comment 
Body: 
Attachment(s):
     Response to IETF mpls WG liaison statement on T-MPLS - body text (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file334.doc)
Ping Pan | 10 Jul 16:00 2006

PWE3 protection draft update

Hi,

Due to my mistake, the new draft (enclosed) was not posted on time to
the IETF Draft mailing list. Nevertheless, we hope you find this work
interesting, and like to give an update on this tomorrow.

Regards,

- Ping


   PWE3 Working Group                                                   
   Internet Draft                                                P. Pan 
                                                   (Hammerhead Systems) 
   Document: draft-pan-pwe3-protection-03.txt                  M. Bocci 
                                                      Mustapha Aissaoui 
                                                              (Alcatel) 
                                                           Florin Balus 
                                                      Hamid Ould-Brahim 
                                                               (Nortel) 
   Expires: December 2006                                     July 2006 
    
    
                          Pseudo Wire Protection 
    
    
Status of this Memo 
    
(Continue reading)


Gmane