Decisions from IETF 71
Harald Alvestrand <harald <at> alvestrand.no>
2008-04-03 12:42:07 GMT
All decisions at face-to-face meetings need to be confirmed on the
Here's a list of things that I think are uncontroversial; anyone who
thinks they need further discussion needs to speak up now!
- Downgrade draft: -07 version will have a 2-week WG Last Call, and then
be sent to the
IESG for processing.
- Worry point: Whether this can be done independently of mailto and
- POP/IMAP: One more round of revisions is expected, then we do WG Last
That is, we believe all the issues are on the table now, and editors
know how to resolve them.
- Scenarios: Useful bits will be folded into a -framework-bis document,
once that is created.
Current document will not be carried forward.
- email-clients and downgraded-display: Will be added to the revised
charter for the WG.
- New charter: Will be based on using the spring to finish up the
current document set,
starting an effort to make a standards-track document set in the fall
of 2008, and have
a standards-track proposal to the IESG by the end of 2008.