Colin Perkins | 2 Jul 14:25 2011

Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

On 30 Jun 2011, at 10:47, Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom) wrote:
> Qin,
> See below
> Tom
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Qin Wu [mailto:bill.wu <at> huawei.com] 
> Sent: donderdag 30 juni 2011 11:36
> To: Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom); Colin Perkins
> Cc: 'IETF AVTCore WG'; Roni Even; Qin Wu
> Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04
> 
> Hi,
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem <at> alcatel-lucent.com>
> To: "Qin Wu" <bill.wu <at> huawei.com>; "Colin Perkins" <csp <at> csperkins.org>
> Cc: "'IETF AVTCore WG'" <avt <at> ietf.org>; "Roni Even" <Even.roni <at> huawei.com>
> Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:07 PM
> Subject: RE: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04
> 
> 
> Qin,
> See below,
> 
> 
> [Qin]: Okay, maybe there is some ambiguity on describing media source behavior. I will add some texts to
get consistent with 
> Intermediary behavior of suppressing feedback described in the previous paragraph.
> The proposed text may look like:
> "
> Alternatively, the media source may directly monitor the amount of
(Continue reading)

Roni Even | 3 Jul 18:51 2011

Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

Hi,
I think that we can look at the following use cases.

1. The single DS /FT in a Distribution Source Feedback Summary Model. The
case mentioned by Collin using 3rd party report to hide the topology.

2. A single DS with multiple FT. See RFC 5760 section 3 in the FT
definition. In this case I am not sure if there is a DS without any FT with
multiple FTs or one DS with a FT and multiple FTs sending unicast RTCP
feedback to the FT co-located with the DS. Maybe we need to look at both
cases.

3. RFC 5760 talks about single DS. Is there a use case for multiple DSs
where each DS is in a different SSRC space with one media source
transmitting to all. Is there such a case, maybe if there is some hierarchy
which may look like a DS which is also an RTP mixer or translator.

Does these use cases make sense?

Are there others

Regards
Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Qin Wu [mailto:bill.wu <at> huawei.com]
> Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:36 PM
> To: Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom); Colin Perkins
> Cc: 'IETF AVTCore WG'; Roni Even; Qin Wu
> Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-
(Continue reading)

Magnus Westerlund | 5 Jul 12:54 2011
Picon

[AVTCORE] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt

WG,

As an individual Bo Burman and I have written this internet draft that
discusses multistream and simulcast issues and proposes a set of
extensions to resolve the issues. Feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers

Magnus
Picon
From: internet-drafts <at> ietf.org <internet-drafts <at> ietf.org>
Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt
Date: 2011-07-04 22:59:37 GMT
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP Multiple Stream Sessions and Simulcast
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   RTP has always been a protocol that supports multiple participants
   each sending their own media streams in an RTP session.
(Continue reading)

internet-drafts | 6 Jul 14:05 2011
Picon

I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item
of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans M. Stokking
                          M. Oskar van Deventer
                          Omar A. Niamut
                          Fabian A. Walraven
                          Ishan Vaishnavi
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-07-06

   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for inter-destination
   media synchronization (IDMS). The RTCP XR Block Type, registered with
   IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media play-
   out information from participants in a group playing-out (watching,
   listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream. The RTCP packet type
   specified by this document is used to distribute a summary of the
   collected information so that the participants can synchronize play-
   out.

   Typical applications for IDMS are social TV, shared service control
   (i.e. applications where two or more geographically separated users
   are watching a media stream together), distance learning, network
   quiz shows, multi-playing online games, etc.
(Continue reading)

RFC Errata System | 5 Jul 18:18 2011

[AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4585 (2853)


The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4585,
"Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback (RTP/AVPF)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4585&eid=2853

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Ali Begen <abegen <at> cisco.com>

Section: 4.2

Original Text
-------------
OLD:
      rtcp-fb-param      = SP "app" [SP byte-string]
                         / SP token [SP byte-string]
                         / ; empty
NEW:
      rtcp-fb-param      = [ SP "app" [SP byte-string]
                         / SP token [SP byte-string] ]

OLD:
      rtcp-fb-ack-param  = SP "rpsi"
                         / SP "app" [SP byte-string]
                         / SP token [SP byte-string]
                         / ; empty
NEW:
(Continue reading)

Qin Wu | 7 Jul 08:08 2011

Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

Hi,
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Colin Perkins" <csp <at> csperkins.org>
To: "Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem <at> alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: "Qin Wu" <bill.wu <at> huawei.com>; "'IETF AVTCore WG'" <avt <at> ietf.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

On 30 Jun 2011, at 10:47, Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom) wrote:
> Qin,
> See below
> Tom
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Qin Wu [mailto:bill.wu <at> huawei.com] 
> Sent: donderdag 30 juni 2011 11:36
> To: Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom); Colin Perkins
> Cc: 'IETF AVTCore WG'; Roni Even; Qin Wu
> Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04
> 
> Hi,
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem <at> alcatel-lucent.com>
> To: "Qin Wu" <bill.wu <at> huawei.com>; "Colin Perkins" <csp <at> csperkins.org>
> Cc: "'IETF AVTCore WG'" <avt <at> ietf.org>; "Roni Even" <Even.roni <at> huawei.com>
> Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:07 PM
> Subject: RE: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04
> 
> 
> Qin,
> See below,
(Continue reading)

Qin Wu | 7 Jul 08:24 2011

Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

Hi,
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Roni Even" <even.roni <at> huawei.com>
To: "'Qin Wu'" <bill.wu <at> huawei.com>; "'Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)'"
<tom.van_caenegem <at> alcatel-lucent.com>; "'Colin Perkins'" <csp <at> csperkins.org>
Cc: "'IETF AVTCore WG'" <avt <at> ietf.org>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 12:51 AM
Subject: RE: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-04

> Hi,
> I think that we can look at the following use cases.
> 
> 1. The single DS /FT in a Distribution Source Feedback Summary Model. The
> case mentioned by Collin using 3rd party report to hide the topology.

> 2. A single DS with multiple FT. See RFC 5760 section 3 in the FT
> definition. In this case I am not sure if there is a DS without any FT with
> multiple FTs or one DS with a FT and multiple FTs sending unicast RTCP
> feedback to the FT co-located with the DS. Maybe we need to look at both
> cases.
> 
> 3. RFC 5760 talks about single DS. Is there a use case for multiple DSs
> where each DS is in a different SSRC space with one media source
> transmitting to all. Is there such a case, maybe if there is some hierarchy
> which may look like a DS which is also an RTP mixer or translator.
> 
> Does these use cases make sense?

[Qin]: I think These three cases are all SSM use case. 
Current draft covers case 1 and case 3. 
(Continue reading)

internet-drafts | 7 Jul 11:05 2011
Picon

I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item
of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Jean-Marc Valin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-07-07

   This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
   variable bit rate audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
   mitigate these issues are suggested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt
Colin Perkins | 7 Jul 11:13 2011

Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt

On 7 Jul 2011, at 10:05, Internet-Drafts <at> ietf.org wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work
item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title           : Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP
> 	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
>                          Jean-Marc Valin
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt
> 	Pages           : 7
> 	Date            : 2011-07-07
> 
>   This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
>   variable bit rate audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
>   mitigate these issues are suggested.
> 
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt

This addresses some nits that came up at a result of WG last call. 

--

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
avt <at> ietf.org
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

(Continue reading)

Ray van Brandenburg | 7 Jul 17:06 2011
Picon

[AVTCORE] New version of IMDS draft

Hi all,

As you can see, I uploaded a new version of the IDMS draft. This version includes the changes as suggested by Kevin Gross earlier but that we could't include on time for the July 4th new document deadline.
 
Included are amongst others a number of clarifications regarding:
        - Use of the presentation timestamp
        - How to deal with multiple RTP packets with the same RTP timestamp
        - Use of idms in high-accuracy applications
        - Dealing with ptp/gal/gps as a time source
 
<at> Kevin: You mentioned that you would be willing to provide some additional use cases to include in section 4. If you could write some text for this, I can include it in the next version. 
 
Looking forward to your comments,
 
Best regards,
 
Ray van Brandenburg

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
avt <at> ietf.org
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

Gmane