3 Dec 18:41 2006
Lisa's Apps Area Activity for November
Lisa Dusseault <lisa <at> osafoundation.org>
2006-12-03 17:41:59 GMT
2006-12-03 17:41:59 GMT
Quick Notes from San Diego
- Philip Guenther and Barry Leiba were encouraged to start planning a BoF on notifications of events from email systems (BIFF, maybe?).
- Some discussion on how to bring SMTP on up the standards track -- I think this will be pursued on ietf-smtp <at> imc.org.
Document Status and progress
PUBLISHED documents this month: none
APPROVED documents this month: none
- draft-ietf-imapext-annotate (Experimental): Although IESG approved this, we still need to add RFC Editor notes or update the document so that the IANA actions are clear.
Documents in IESG Evaluation:
- draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-10, Usenet article format revision: Two IESG DISCUSS issues open. May need to add normative dependency to UsePro draft, in order to get full implementability and have complete security considerations.
Documents in IETF Last Call: none
Documents in AD Evaluation or otherwise waiting on me:
- draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history: New version produced in November in response to AD review. Need to review.
- draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-09.txt (Informational): New version produced in November to make sure the scope of the license is useful according to consensus that arose in last call. Need to review.
Documents needing new versions:
- draft-ietf-atompub-protocol: Sent my AD evaluation questions and comments to the AtomPub list; chairs promised new revision
- draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09: next version needs to deal with ABNF issues, nits, and long thread on escaping non-UTF8 data, IETF Last call questions and IANA question.
- draft-kunze-rfc2413bis (Informational, RFC Ed Submission): Author decided to do another revision.
- draft-gulbrandsen-collation-basic: dependency for IMAPEXT SORT; has list of open issues in draft.
- draft-melnikov-imap-expunged-02.txt: Dropped this document from my shepherding queue, as it's now going to be covered in a complementary Lemonade WG draft (draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client).
- draft-ietf-imapext-sort-18 depends on draft-gulbrandsen-collation-basic-00.
- draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-05.txt added to my queue: author requesting reviews, then new version expected.
- draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-06.txt: WG last call in IMAPEXT happening again
Working Group Activity
AtomPub: Discussing Media entries, atom:content src attribute, what format categories documents can take, and other publishing protocol issues. Off-charter: discussing autodiscovery drafts, paged feeds.
UseFor: Starting work on UsePro.
IMAPExt: Discussing SORT, IDLE and IDLEPLUS, ENABLE, various metadata proposals, and Mark and Arnt's new comparator work.
Sieve: Lots of discussion on how to reject spam (with protocol-level reject or sending MDNs, and how to preserve existing behavior where already in use), on managesieve, and on the "ihave" extension.
Calsify: Steadily resolving issues for revision of RFC2445.
Widex: No action.
Apps Architecture Review Team : Julian reviewed RFC4234.
Apps Discuss list: Discussions about using port numbers vs. SRV records, deprecating the concept of "well-known port", and about escaping Unicode characters.
W3C related: no activity noted
HTTP: Significant activity on ietf-http-wg <at> w3.org (NOT a currently active WG)