alzen | 3 Mar 10:02 2009
Picon

About better sky engine by drayan

Hi all. Alzen here, I created lonely island map long time ago. Wanted to
modify it a little, just to test this new sky engine. It works well but is
it possible for somebody do modify it by adding possibility to add more
background layers? 3, maybe 4?

As far as I know at present I can add only 1 extra layer, right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

--

-- 

i mailed you? mail me back [ PL, EN ]

alzen /mynick2_at_gmail_dot_com/
Matthieu Fertré | 4 Mar 23:58 2009
Picon

Wormux 0.8.3 will be released tomorrow

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm not at home tonight thus I am connected to quite bad
but free wifi connexion ;) As I am tired and don't want to try uploading
the archive on such connexion, release will be done tomorrow !

Regards,

Matt (gentildemon)
Matthieu Fertré | 6 Mar 08:28 2009
Picon

URGENT - Wormux 0.8.3

Hi,

I have some problem to connect to Gna : sftp to download.gna.org was not
working yersterday evening and now svn does not work anymore. Am I alone
in that case ?

Thanks Fredb219 to have uploaded the archive on the website :)

Kurosu, what is this  <at> #$%ing file ?
http://download.gna.org/wormux/win32/Wormux-Setup-0.8.3.exe
The last modification date corresponds to 22 February 2009 !!!!! Please
remove it as soon as possible, it blocks the official release!
And what is http://download.gna.org/wormux/win32_setup.zip ? With such a
name, it's hard to know...

I have created an offline article on the blog, so now, I just need to
online it. Then I have to :
- update the file "last_version" on wormux.org for 0.8.3 to be visible
by users by the update option.
- update versions supported by index server. (I will remove support of
0.8.0 and 0.8.1).
- move 0.8.2 file in achives/ folder

Regards,

Matt (gentildemon)
Matthieu Fertré | 6 Mar 10:07 2009
Picon

Wormux 0.8.3 released :)

Hi,

I finally get my connexion working from another computer :)

Wormux blog has been updated. Source and linux static archives are
uploaded/updated, index server updated, last version updated :)

I have also removed the strange file
http://download.gna.org/wormux/win32/Wormux-Setup-0.8.3.exe

Regards,

Matt (gentildemon)
Kurosu | 6 Mar 19:14 2009
Picon

Re: Wormux 0.8.3 released :)

Matthieu Fertré a écrit :
> Wormux blog has been updated. Source and linux static archives are
> uploaded/updated, index server updated, last version updated :)

Unfortunately, I think at least 1 folder is missing: lib, and thus, its 
subfolders. Not sure but this might require the SUBDIRS variable of 
Makefile.am to be updated.

Best regards,
Kurosu
Kurosu | 6 Mar 19:26 2009
Picon

Re: Wormux 0.8.3 released :)

Kurosu a écrit :
> Unfortunately, I think at least 1 folder is missing: lib, and thus, its 
> subfolders. Not sure but this might require the SUBDIRS variable of 
> Makefile.am to be updated.

I did a checkout of the 0.8.3 branch, and lib folder seems to be missing 
there too. But afaik, it was there like one week ago, as I properly 
compiled wormux from that branch.

I guess some svn-fu is needed, which I'm missing.

Kurosu
alzen | 7 Mar 12:32 2009
Picon

Sky engine + extra layers?

Hello, I posted a few days ago, but there was no answer, maybe because I
posted from non-member e-mail. So once again.

I am author of "Lonely Island" map and would like to make it better. Found
this patch:

https://gna.org/task/?6135

but I discovered that it allows me to add only one extra background
layer(please correct me if I'm wrong here). My question is, is there any
chance that we will get the possibility to add 3/4 extra layers for the
background? If not, maybe you will include this patch, it gives us only one
extra layer but it's better than one-layer background. I'm not saying
current state is bad, but extra layers gives us extra possibilities(and this
patch is aviable from 08/07/2008).

ps. it doesn't patch over 0.8.3 sources for me, was fine with 0.8.2.

--

-- 

i mailed you? mail me back [ PL, EN ]

alzen /mynick2_at_gmail_dot_com/
Matthieu Fertré | 7 Mar 17:28 2009
Picon

Re: Wormux 0.8.3 released :)

Kurosu a écrit :
> Kurosu a écrit :
>   
>> Unfortunately, I think at least 1 folder is missing: lib, and thus, its 
>> subfolders. Not sure but this might require the SUBDIRS variable of 
>> Makefile.am to be updated.
>>     
>
> I did a checkout of the 0.8.3 branch, and lib folder seems to be missing 
> there too. 

Yes, that's normal. 0.8.3 comes from 0.8.2 not from trunk and does not
need any lib folder.

Regards,

Matt (gentildemon)
Matthieu Fertré | 7 Mar 17:33 2009
Picon

Re: Sky engine + extra layers?

Hi,

alzen a écrit :
> Hello, I posted a few days ago, but there was no answer, maybe because I
> posted from non-member e-mail. So once again.
>   

yes, sorry, I have seen your mail and planned to answer but not have
taken the time yet before now ;)

> I am author of "Lonely Island" map and would like to make it better. Found
> this patch:
>
> https://gna.org/task/?6135
>
> but I discovered that it allows me to add only one extra background
> layer(please correct me if I'm wrong here). My question is, is there any
> chance that we will get the possibility to add 3/4 extra layers for the
> background? 

I don't think so. I'm affraid that map creators will try to add more and
more layers and that may cause performance problems.

> If not, maybe you will include this patch, it gives us only one
> extra layer but it's better than one-layer background.

Yes, I think it's really time to apply the patch before it gets lost...
I don't understand why drayan as not commited in while he was active
developer.

(Continue reading)

alzen | 7 Mar 21:08 2009
Picon

Re: Sky engine + extra layers?

2009/3/7 Matthieu Fertré <matthieu.fertre@...>

> Hi,
>
> alzen a écrit :
> > Hello, I posted a few days ago, but there was no answer, maybe because I
> > posted from non-member e-mail. So once again.
> >
>
> yes, sorry, I have seen your mail and planned to answer but not have
> taken the time yet before now ;)

And I'm sorry for double posting(you can delete my previous message if you
can, I don't mind :)). I just felt ignored, and reacted the way I did(posted
again), maybe not the best one.

>
>
> > I am author of "Lonely Island" map and would like to make it better.
> Found
> > this patch:
> >
> > https://gna.org/task/?6135
> >
> > but I discovered that it allows me to add only one extra background
> > layer(please correct me if I'm wrong here). My question is, is there any
> > chance that we will get the possibility to add 3/4 extra layers for the
> > background?
>
> I don't think so. I'm affraid that map creators will try to add more and
(Continue reading)


Gmane