1.2.4-test2 status report (almost done)
Bernhard Wymann <berniw <at> bluewin.ch>
2005-08-04 20:21:43 GMT
Test2 makes good progress, I guess I will start commiting my changes
tomorrow, so expect test2 within the next 7 days. The major change is
that we will have now a working debug build for Windows, I think this
will help a lot.
The only thing left to do is a final verification hop to Windows and
the Windows installer, and finally some shakedown tests.
Be aware that the CVS is still frozen otherwise, I will overwrite any
changes to avoid picking up new trouble Test2 will be a candidate
for the final release, we will see.
Changes since last report
- Ported learning to Windows (Bernhard).
- Ported Olethros to Windows (Bernhard).
- Windows version result generation now correct if either started with full
path or with wtorcs[.exe], current working directory must be the directory
containing wtorcs.exe, there is no reason to improve this more (people
start via desktop icon/menu entry anyway) (Bernhard).
- Added GfCreateDir in tgf (Christos, Bernhard).
- Fixed olethros clkdtm texture (Christos).
- Changed some code according to mail of Steven Gutknecht, did not look at the
sqrt problem (if you want to have TORCS compile for a certain non free
compiler send me patches or the money to buy it) (Steven Gutknecht,
- Kicked out SmartAssert.h for 2 reasons: 1. I want to get rid of this "clever"
preprocessor tricks (because I think it is really silly to do such things),
2. Assertions simply do never belong into any code which a third person can
look at (if the user runs the software to code must deal with its problems by
itself, the messages will be meaningless for the user anyway) (Bernhard).
- Removed assertions from Olethros (Bernhard).
- Fixed various memory leaks in Olethros caused by sloppy use of make_message
(a comment regarding that: if possible do not allocate heap memory inside
a called function, it is better to allocate it before calling and pass the
buffer and its size as parameter, because the allocation is then visible on
the first glimpse) (Bernhard).
- Fixed crash bug in Olethros (the proposed singleton does not work, reverted
to working version) (Bernhard).
- Fixed a possible crash bug in gui.cpp, added deactivation of
glutKeyboardUpFunc and glutSpecialUpFunc in GfuiScreenDeactivate (Bernhard).
- removed make_message and replaced it (Bernhard).
- Created a debug project for Windows, needed to remove make_message, enhanced
custom realloc for debug versions of cutom malloc/free, added a workaround
for clean allocator/deallocator pair in img.cpp, etc, huh... that was a lot
of work (Bernhard).
- Fixed one more olethros bug, linker (in Linux) was confused about which
CheckMatchingToken to use, added static to those in ANN.cpp -> file scope
- Tested, build and debug build work with: gcc 3.3.1 (0 warnings), gcc 3.4.3
(0 warnings), gcc 4.0.1 (a lot of warnings, but just in trackgen, otherwise
0 warnings), vc++ 6.0sp6 (release build 0 warnings, debug 131 warnings which
one can safely ignore) (Bernhard).
Changes since 1.2.3-test1
- Tried to fix problem with GL headers differences in Linux (Bernhard).
- Car sound adjustments and new samples (Christos).
- Moved learning and math headers in subdirectories to stop the upcoming
chaos, updated dependent files (Bernhard).
- Updated Windows project preparation bat files (Bernhard).
- Ported the project to Windows, except olethros and learning (Bernhard).
- Fixed resident texture problem in Windows (Bernhard).
- Updated gl headers for Windows, oss.sgi.com (Bernhard).
- Resolved some OpenAL compatibility issues (Bernhard).
- Fixed XSLT problem in Windows, was a combination of wrong dtd filename,
missing GetLocalDir and GetDataDir setup (Bernhard).
- Fixed weird bug in screen.cpp, execlp had wrong arguments, therefore
the XML results headers become formatted wrong when you changed the
display properties... yikes. Currently it does now work when the full path
is given in argv, so a bit more work is needed (Bernhard).
- Make gcc 4.0.1 compile the code (warnings in trackgen are scheduled for
- Removed unused code in various places (Bernhard).
- Fixed virtual constructor in olethros (Bernhard).
- Removed volume setting from sound menu (Bernhard).
SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf