Raekuul | 8 May 09:53 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

I'm getting an error message with plotscr.hsd,
involving the decrement operator.

ERROR: in line 353 of
C:\Games\Dos\Custom\custom\plotscr.hsd
70 -=  decrement
expected name but defineoperator block ended

I keep getting that when I try to compile. Is there
any reason that this may be happening? I think this
may have something to do with the WIP build. I'll try
the old plotscr.hsd and follow-up on this.

FOLLOW-UP: The WIP build's plotscr.hsd is faulty.

 http://www.geocities.com/alkabanfall/index.html?1100116437843
My site.

http://www.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce
The main OHR site.

http://www.castleparadox.com
The OHR community site.

	
		
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. 
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
(Continue reading)

Mike Caron | 8 May 10:01 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

Hi, I figured out what the problem is.

In plotscr.hsd, there's a couple lines near the bottom that look like this:

70 :=  setvariable
70 +=  increment
70 -=  decrement

However, they're missing commas. That block should look like this:

70,:=, setvariable
70,+=, increment
70,-=, decrement

TMC: This is your patch, fix it! :)

On 5/8/05, Raekuul <alkabanfall <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting an error message with plotscr.hsd,
> involving the decrement operator.
> 
> ERROR: in line 353 of
> C:\Games\Dos\Custom\custom\plotscr.hsd
> 70 -=  decrement
> expected name but defineoperator block ended
> 
> I keep getting that when I try to compile. Is there
> any reason that this may be happening? I think this
> may have something to do with the WIP build. I'll try
> the old plotscr.hsd and follow-up on this.
> 
(Continue reading)

Mike Caron | 8 May 10:05 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

No, wait, I lied. I'm not sure what the problem is. The commas mean
something else in this context, it appears.

I can compile fine with the unmodified plotscr.hsd. Maybe there's
something else missing in the WIP build that we have, and you don't.
Oh well, I guess we'll find out when James gets around to releasing
the next version.

On 5/8/05, Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I figured out what the problem is.
> 
> In plotscr.hsd, there's a couple lines near the bottom that look like this:
> 
> 70 :=  setvariable
> 70 +=  increment
> 70 -=  decrement
> 
> However, they're missing commas. That block should look like this:
> 
> 70,:=, setvariable
> 70,+=, increment
> 70,-=, decrement
> 
> TMC: This is your patch, fix it! :)
> 
> On 5/8/05, Raekuul <alkabanfall <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm getting an error message with plotscr.hsd,
> > involving the decrement operator.
> >
> > ERROR: in line 353 of
(Continue reading)

TeeEmCee | 9 May 00:25 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

Nuh-uh. I removed the commas because they were unneeded. You need the
latest version of HSpeak to use the += and -= operators. Didn't mike
include it in the WIP? Prehaps the should be noted.

Also, prehaps the && and || operators should be defined in
plotscr.hsd. They are already in the latest version of HSpeak, would
just need to add

60,and,and
60 &&  and
60,or, or
60 ||  or

If so, I'll update the documentation.

Final note: James, when you read this, remember to mention the new
operators in whatsnew.txt!

TMC

On 5/9/05, Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> No, wait, I lied. I'm not sure what the problem is. The commas mean
> something else in this context, it appears.
> 
> I can compile fine with the unmodified plotscr.hsd. Maybe there's
> something else missing in the WIP build that we have, and you don't.
> Oh well, I guess we'll find out when James gets around to releasing
> the next version.
> 
> On 5/8/05, Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com> wrote:
(Continue reading)

Mike Caron | 9 May 05:39 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

I didn't know there was a new version of HSPEAK. No one mentioned
that, as far as I can remember. I'll include it in the next WIP.

On 5/9/05, TeeEmCee <teeemcee <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Nuh-uh. I removed the commas because they were unneeded. You need the
> latest version of HSpeak to use the += and -= operators. Didn't mike
> include it in the WIP? Prehaps the should be noted.
> 
> Also, prehaps the && and || operators should be defined in
> plotscr.hsd. They are already in the latest version of HSpeak, would
> just need to add
> 
> 60,and,and
> 60 &&  and
> 60,or, or
> 60 ||  or
> 
> If so, I'll update the documentation.
> 
> Final note: James, when you read this, remember to mention the new
> operators in whatsnew.txt!
> 
> TMC
> 
> On 5/9/05, Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, wait, I lied. I'm not sure what the problem is. The commas mean
> > something else in this context, it appears.
> >
> > I can compile fine with the unmodified plotscr.hsd. Maybe there's
> > something else missing in the WIP build that we have, and you don't.
(Continue reading)

Bob the Hamster | 9 May 12:51 2005

Remembering NPCs

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 04:15:59PM +1200, TeeEmCee wrote:
> 
> How exactly would npcs be remembered on a per-NPC basis? Did James
> mean a bit in the npcl array?
>

No, not exactly. There would need to be some bitset data stored in a new 
lump for each map that tells which NPCs need to be remembered. That data 
would only be used when loading a map, or exiting a map, and it would 
not need to reside in memory in the npcl array... it wouldn't need to 
stay in memory at all, it could be re-loaded when the map changes. 
There would need to be a small separate memory buffer that tracs the 
actual positions of remembered NPCs. That would not require a new lump, 
but would need to go in the .SAV file. ... actually, it would not need 
to be a memory buffer either, it could be a temporary file, since it is 
only needed when the map loads/unloads.... anyway. Just thinking out 
loud here. Needs more thought.

And I am sure I have already missed out on much thought about it while I 
was away last week :)

Still digging through my mail...
---
Bob the Hamster

Raekuul | 9 May 13:25 2005
Picon

Fwd: Re: Help, it's a plotscript problem...

I'll compare the WIP I have to the unmodified ozarks one and see what's missing.

Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com> wrote:Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:04:59 -0400
From: Mike Caron <caron.mike <at> gmail.com>
To: Raekuul <alkabanfall <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Ohrrpgce] Help, it's a plotscript problem...
CC: ohrrpgce <at> lists.motherhamster.org

No, wait, I lied. I'm not sure what the problem is. The commas mean
something else in this context, it appears.

I can compile fine with the unmodified plotscr.hsd. Maybe there's
something else missing in the WIP build that we have, and you don't.
Oh well, I guess we'll find out when James gets around to releasing
the next version.

On 5/8/05, Mike Caron wrote:
> Hi, I figured out what the problem is.
> 
> In plotscr.hsd, there's a couple lines near the bottom that look like this:
> 
> 70 := setvariable
> 70 += increment
> 70 -= decrement
> 
> However, they're missing commas. That block should look like this:
> 
> 70,:=, setvariable
> 70,+=, increment
> 70,-=, decrement
(Continue reading)

Bob the Hamster | 9 May 14:18 2005

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:25:40PM +1200, TeeEmCee wrote:
> 
> Final note: James, when you read this, remember to mention the new
> operators in whatsnew.txt!
> 

Done.

Unfortunately, building a new copy of hspeak.exe from hspeak.ex requires 
the "bind" command from the registered version of Euphoria, which is why 
I recently added hspeak.exe to the subversion repository.

---
James Paige

Michael Kidder | 10 May 03:55 2005
Picon

Help, it's a plotscript problem...

While you're doing that, could you build or add an option for
win-HSPEAK to wait for a keypress before closing? or perhaps throwing
everything out to a log file and then closing? Something.

On 5/9/05, Bob the Hamster <Bob <at> hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:25:40PM +1200, TeeEmCee wrote:
> >
> > Final note: James, when you read this, remember to mention the new
> > operators in whatsnew.txt!
> >
> 
> Done.
> 
> Unfortunately, building a new copy of hspeak.exe from hspeak.ex requires
> the "bind" command from the registered version of Euphoria, which is why
> I recently added hspeak.exe to the subversion repository.
> 
> ---
> James Paige
> _______________________________________________
> Ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org mailing list
> ohrrpgce <at> lists.motherhamster.org
> http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org
>

TeeEmCee | 12 May 20:17 2005
Picon

string syntax in plotscripting

Reviving an old topic, I just wanted to complain that if solely the
syntax $#$"..." was used for strings and converted into a specific
command to set a sting, how could you direct the output to other uses?

What I mean is, say you are creating a string giving the player's
current location, so you want to append " west, and " to the end of
it, and additionally you couldn't be sure that you have a free string.
I seems that you would have to create a mess such as:

define constant (900, buffer offset)

...
variable (temp len)
temp len := string length (31)
string to globals (31, buffer offset, temp len)
$31$" west, and "
concatenate strings (31, mystring)
globals to string (31, buffer offset, temp len)

That's why I like the idea of being able to use a string as an
argument to some wrapper script, which will be converted in a series
of arguments.

TMC

> > > > > > >   copy string (source string ID, dest string ID)
> > > > > > >   concatenate strings (source string ID, dest string ID)
> > > > > > >   string length (string ID)
> > > > > > >   replace char (string ID, position, ascii)
> > > > > > >   delete char (string ID, position)
(Continue reading)


Gmane