Zefram | 1 Dec 01:15 2007

Re: DIS: Re: OFF: The sudden return of the melodramatic [Herald]

Benjamin Schultz wrote:
>I've been wondering about this one for a while.  Was Andre awarded a  
>blank / null title?

Yes.  On 1997-10-10 CotC Andre posted a case file for CFJ 1050 that
included

>History:
>  Called by <player>, <date>
>  Assigned to <judge>, as of this message

In response, Oerjan made proposal 3562:

>PROPOSAL
>Patent Title for Andre
>
>Andre is awarded the Patent Title of .

The proposal was adopted on 1997-10-24.  The patent title has since then
been consistently reported as if it were a zero-length word.

-zefram

Buddha Buck | 1 Dec 02:02 2007
Picon

DIS: Re: OFF: [Herald] Amended Report

On Nov 30, 2007 4:15 PM, Kerim Aydin <kerim <at> u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>  (I think this is up-to-date with awarded titles and status of win
>   controversies, please check! -G.)
>
>                         ====================
>                         THE SCROLLS OF AGORA
>                         ====================
>
>
>       FUGITIVES (Players who left Under a Cloud, unofficial list)
>
>                  Player         Date deregistered
>                  ---------------------------------
>                  Blaise         11 Jul 02

I think this is me.  I was not aware I left Under  a Cloud.  Not that
it really matters anymore, but are there archives I could dig through
to find out why I was Under a Cloud?

Also, I've noticed over the past couple of days that traffic is about
50+ emails a day on all three lists combined.  Is that typical, or is
Agora going through a busy (or quiet) stretch right now?

Blaise (now watching)

Ian Kelly | 1 Dec 02:28 2007
Picon

Re: DIS: Re: OFF: [Herald] Amended Report

On Nov 30, 2007 6:02 PM, Buddha Buck <blaisepascal <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is me.  I was not aware I left Under  a Cloud.  Not that
> it really matters anymore, but are there archives I could dig through
> to find out why I was Under a Cloud?

Welcome back.  It just means that you had at least one blot when you
left.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any extant archives from the
period you were a player, so it is hard to say exactly what the blots
were from.  The oldest copy of the Herald's report from the
agoranomic.org archive from November 2002 claims that you left with
four blots, but its running history does not go back far enough to
explain them.

> Also, I've noticed over the past couple of days that traffic is about
> 50+ emails a day on all three lists combined.  Is that typical, or is
> Agora going through a busy (or quiet) stretch right now?

Without making the effort to collect any actual statistics, I would
say that the current stretch is a busy one, albeit prolonged and with
no indication of starting to slow down.  We've had some rough patches
in the last couple years, but 2007 has provided a steady stream of new
players, which has helped quite a bit.

> Blaise (now watching)

So noted.

-root

(Continue reading)

Josiah Worcester | 1 Dec 02:34 2007
Picon

Re: DIS: Re: OFF: [Herald] Amended Report

On Friday 30 November 2007 18:28:18 Ian Kelly wrote:
> Without making the effort to collect any actual statistics, I would
> say that the current stretch is a busy one, albeit prolonged and with
> no indication of starting to slow down.  We've had some rough patches
> in the last couple years, but 2007 has provided a steady stream of new
> players, which has helped quite a bit.
> 

I've since discovered that one of my fairly close friends (Oerjan, BTW) was 
once a player. Damned bastard needs to stop fiddling with Brainfuck and 
reregister, so we can have some more 'new' players. :p

Josiah Worcester | 1 Dec 03:59 2007
Picon

DIS: Re: BUS: More nominations

On Friday 30 November 2007 19:54:55 Ed Murphy wrote:
> I wrote:
> 
> > I nominate pikhq and Wooble for Ambassador.
> 
> pikhq:
>    Nominee consented.
>    pikhq and Wooble supported.  (The AFO didn't, as partnerships
>      can't vote on dependent actions.)
>    No one objected.
> 
> Wooble:
>    Nominee did not consent.
> 
> The outcome of the first Agoran decision is APPROVED.  I install
> pikhq as Ambassador.
> 
> 

Huzzah.

Levi Stephen | 1 Dec 04:40 2007
Picon

DIS: Re: OFF: [Herald] Amended Report


>                              CHAMPION
>   Andre, Blob, Chuck, Dave Bowen, elJefe, Elysion, favor, Garth,
>   Goddess Eris, Goethe (twice), Goethe (by Paradox), Ian, Jeffrey,
>   Kelly, KoJen, Michael, Morendil, Murphy (by Paradox), Oerjan,
>   OscarMeyr (twice), root (twice), root (by paradox), Steve (twice),
>   Swann, t, Timothy, Troublemaker at Large, Vanyel (twice), Wes (twice),
>   Human Point Two (by Proposal 4971)
>   

Should I be on this list? Win on points (hence MWP)?

Levi

Josiah Worcester | 1 Dec 05:03 2007
Picon

DIS: [Ambassador] Ambassador's Report, as far as I'm aware

[ to discussion, to gain comment before I submit officially ]
Protectorates

Date of this report: 01 Dec, 2007
Date of last report: 31 Aug, 2007

Recent events
-------------
Wed Jun  6 03:15:00  Office of Ambassador and Nomic Protectorates created
Thu Jun 14 16:11:00  B Nomic recognized as a Protectorate
Tue Jun 19 13:56:00  Primo Corp. recognized as a Protectorate
Thu Jun 21 13:04:00  Gunner Nomic 2.0 recognized as a Protectorate
Sun Jul  1 23:07:00  B Nomic ceases to be a Protectorate
Sun Jul  1 23:07:00  Gunner Nomic 2.0 ceases to be a Protectorate
Mon Jul 16 15:37:16  CFJ 1694 confirms that Gunner Nomic 2.0 was
		        formerly a Protectorate
Mon Jul 23 00:56:45  CFJ 1707 confirms that B Nomic was formerly
		        a Protectorate
------ time of last report ----
Tue Oct 23 17:47:46  Primo Corp. ceases to exist

Protectorates
-------------

Chickens
--------
B Nomic

Josiah Worcester | 1 Dec 05:19 2007
Picon

Re: DIS: [Ambassador] Ambassador's Report, as far as I'm aware

On Friday 30 November 2007 21:03:59 Josiah Worcester wrote:
> [ to discussion, to gain comment before I submit officially ]
> Protectorates
> 
> Date of this report: 01 Dec, 2007
> Date of last report: 31 Aug, 2007
> 
> Recent events
> -------------
> Wed Jun  6 03:15:00  Office of Ambassador and Nomic Protectorates created
> Thu Jun 14 16:11:00  B Nomic recognized as a Protectorate
> Tue Jun 19 13:56:00  Primo Corp. recognized as a Protectorate
> Thu Jun 21 13:04:00  Gunner Nomic 2.0 recognized as a Protectorate
> Sun Jul  1 23:07:00  B Nomic ceases to be a Protectorate
> Sun Jul  1 23:07:00  Gunner Nomic 2.0 ceases to be a Protectorate
> Mon Jul 16 15:37:16  CFJ 1694 confirms that Gunner Nomic 2.0 was
> 		        formerly a Protectorate
> Mon Jul 23 00:56:45  CFJ 1707 confirms that B Nomic was formerly
> 		        a Protectorate
> ------ time of last report ----
> Tue Oct 23 17:47:46  Primo Corp. ceases to exist
> 
> Protectorates
> -------------
> 
> Chickens
> --------
> B Nomic
> 
> 
(Continue reading)

comex | 1 Dec 05:24 2007
Picon

DIS: Retraction, modification legal?

I haven't looked at all the refresh proposals, I admit, but if modification 
is only questionably legal, I think the best thing to do is to vote for a 
RP that, both now and before any modification, makes minimal changes to 
the game.  Any more complicated RP would make the gamestate ambiguous... 
although I suppose they all restart the game so we could have a 
consultation on it.
comex | 1 Dec 05:26 2007
Picon

DIS: Re: Retraction, modification legal?

On Friday 30 November 2007, you wrote:
> stuff

You might just have to get used to my sending messages to the wrong game's 
forum periodically... :x

Gmane