Netrek XP 2010 client released
2009-07-19 21:55:00 GMT
I've released the latest version of the Windows client, which has been renamed to Netrek XP 2010. This version has many bug fixes, especially for paradise. There is also support for the latest and greatest server features including newbie tips, variable ranks, and in-game ltd stats. The client is available for download at
www.netrek.org and www.playnetrek.org. Changes and fixes are as follows:
General bug fixes:
1) Many paradise bugs fixed.
2) Many cambot bugs fixed.
3) Fixed phaser draw bug with weaponsOnMap:off.
4) Fixed double buffering bug which was causing performance issues on certain hardware configurations.
5) Fix bug with custom color palette (forcedisplay = 2) which caused local window to have a red background.
6) Fixed bug causing ship values on dashboard to not display properly when upgrades were bought in sturgeon.
7) Fixed bug where font size was not saving properly.
1) Warning messages are no longer logged. Cuts down on logfile spam.
2) Add hint about options menu to the startup hint list.
3) Cambot playback now works for paradise recordings made by paradise clients.
4) Removed RSA verification as this is now deprecated server side. Using new client identification method as defined in server.
5) Added netrekrc option "autoPhaser" to phaser exact location of enemy target (enemy ship or enemy plasma) closest to cursor. Can target cloaked ships. Enemy must be within phaser range of your ship. Only works if server has feature packet F_auto_weapons enabled.
6) Added support for server feature packet SP_RANK. This allows the rank table to be dynamic rather than static. In short, it allows servers to have more or less ranks than normal. Practical application - grand admiral rank on sturgeon now displays correctly in player list and rank window. And rank window now properly displays offense requirements for rank.
7) Added support for server feature packet SP_LTD. This allows detailed stats to be sent to the client.
8) Added netrekrc option "metaBroncoOnly" to only list Bronco/INL servers in the list of servers provided by the aggregate metaservers.
9) Added support for server feature packet TIPS. This clears the MOTD window and provides tips on how to improve your play based on data the server records of your current session.
10) Added netrekrc option "showTips" to choose whether or not to display the server tip messages supplied by TIPS.
11) Client version info now has 1 letter identifier to show where client was downloaded from (p = playnetrek.org, n = netrek.org, d = download.com).
12) Addition of Netrek XP specific metaserver to the metaserver list, to work alongside the default netrek.org metaservers.
_______________________________________________ netrek-dev mailing list netrek-dev@... http://mailman.us.netrek.org/mailman/listinfo/netrek-dev