Flatman | 1 Aug 15:15 2005
Picon

planner links


Hi,

I like planner, however I'd like to put a task on more than one
group. (one group is the project, the other group is the person who
works on it) . that way I would be able to check the tasks of someone
else related to all known projects .

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Erik
Jesse Alama | 1 Aug 18:17 2005
Picon

Re: planner links

Hi Erik,

Check out planner-multi.el -- with that package it's possible to
assign tasks to multiple groups, as you say.

Warm regards,

Jesse

Flatman <flatman <at> swing.be> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I like planner, however I'd like to put a task on more than one
> group. (one group is the project, the other group is the person who
> works on it) . that way I would be able to check the tasks of someone
> else related to all known projects .
>
> Is this possible ?
>
> Thanks
> Erik
>
> _______________________________________________
> emacs-wiki-discuss mailing list
> emacs-wiki-discuss <at> nongnu.org
> http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-wiki-discuss

--

-- 
Jesse Alama (alama <at> stanford.edu)
(Continue reading)

John S J Anderson | 2 Aug 12:38 2005
Face

Re: planner-multi

Gijs Hillenius <gijs <at> hillenius.net> writes:

> Can you give an example of what it does?

  It lets you have multiple plan or day pages associated with a
  task. Add (require 'planner-multi) to your config, start up Emacs, do
  M-x planner-create-task, and when it prompts you for 'Page:', instead
  of a single page, you can put in a space-delimited list of pages. 

  For the people who have a GTD-ish way of using Planner, this is
  extremely nice because it lets you associate a context _and_ a project
  with a task.

  For the people who have a del.icio.us-ish way of using Planner, this
  is extremely nice because it lets you shift things over to more of a
  tag-based approach, because a single task could have a whole bunch of
  pages assigned to it, and those pages will effectively be 'tags' or
  'labels'.

  For the people who have an idiosyncratic mess-ish way of using Planner
  (and this is the category I fit into best, since my system is GTD-ish
  but with some tagging stuff mixed in), this is extremely nice because
  it just makes things more flexible. You don't have to think about the
  best page with which to associate a given task; you can just blitz
  down everything the task should be associated with (which could be a
  project, a tag, a person, a context, etc.) and get on with whatever
  else you're doing.

  I guess that's the best way of putting it: planner-multi gets the tool
  further out of your way. 
(Continue reading)

Flatman | 2 Aug 13:18 2005
Picon

Re: planner links

* Jesse Alama <alama <at> stanford.edu> wrote:
| Check out planner-multi.el -- with that package it's possible to
| assign tasks to multiple groups, as you say.
| 

Works great
thanks !
Sacha Chua | 2 Aug 17:03 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: planner-seek-create-at-top and bottom

johnsu01 <john <at> wjsullivan.net> writes:

> The docstrings of planner-seek-create-at-top and
> planner-seek-create-at-bottom claim that they check to see if
> SECTION exists before they create it. But it looks to me like they
> just create it, without checking anything.

Thanks for catching this, John!

NOTE: I've renamed planner-seek-section-function to
planner-create-section-function and planner-seek-create-at-top,bottom
to planner-create-at-top and planner-create-at-bottom. If you
customized planner-seek-section-function to add new sections to the
bottom, you'll need to change that to customize
planner-create-section-function instead. =)

--

-- 
Sacha Chua <sacha <at> free.net.ph> - open source geekette
http://sacha.free.net.ph/ - PGP Key ID: 0xE7FDF77C
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling
sachac on irc.freenode.net#emacs . YM: sachachua83
Sacha Chua | 2 Aug 17:04 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: planner-diary bug/misfeature

John S J Anderson <genehack <at> genehack.org> writes:

>   The default value of 'planner-diary-file' is _NOT_ the value of
>   'diary-file', which means that if you've changed the latter (to, oh,

(defcustom planner-diary-file diary-file
  ;; FIXME: Test if this works as buffer-local var
  "*The diary file you want to use with planner-diary."
  :type 'file
  :group 'planner-diary)

Hmm, that's odd. Now we get into exactly when diary-file is set and
whether that's customized before or after planner-diary-file is...
Emacs Lisp gurus, what's the proper way to do this?
--

-- 
Sacha Chua <sacha <at> free.net.ph> - open source geekette
http://sacha.free.net.ph/ - PGP Key ID: 0xE7FDF77C
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling
sachac on irc.freenode.net#emacs . YM: sachachua83
Sacha Chua | 2 Aug 17:07 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: planner-multi

John S J Anderson <genehack <at> genehack.org> writes:

>   For the people who have an idiosyncratic mess-ish way of using Planner
>   (and this is the category I fit into best, since my system is GTD-ish
>   but with some tagging stuff mixed in), this is extremely nice because

And if you use (setq planner-multi-copy-tasks-to-page "TaskPool"),
newly-created tasks will automatically get copied to TaskPool (or
whatever page you want), which gives you an instant master list.
Completing or cancelling the task takes it off the list. Yay!

--

-- 
Sacha Chua <sacha <at> free.net.ph> - open source geekette
http://sacha.free.net.ph/ - PGP Key ID: 0xE7FDF77C
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling
sachac on irc.freenode.net#emacs . YM: sachachua83
Sam Cramer | 2 Aug 19:58 2005
Picon

Notes directly below tasks

I'd like to be able to set up planner so that notes (and maybe
sub tasks) would shown below the task.  Even better would be
the ability to fold them so that they are not visible.
I would also like to configure planner so that a really long task
title would get wrapped in an attractive way.

I'm thinking of something like this:

* Tasks

#A   _ ask how to have notes under tasks; current method isn't intuitive for me
         and this is the rest of a long task title {{Tasks:200}}

       - I like to see notes under tasks
       - folding would be cool too
       - so would auto-indenting of really really really really long
         long long long long lines like this one.

Thanks,
Sam
Sacha Chua | 2 Aug 20:44 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: Notes directly below tasks

Sam Cramer <samcramer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to be able to set up planner so that notes (and maybe
> sub tasks) would shown below the task.  Even better would be
> the ability to fold them so that they are not visible.

Hmm. This looks like a job for org.el! (Yes, yes, the Planner
maintainer is a little bit weird and will shamelessly suggest other
organizing modes whenever they're more appropriate.)

org.el is http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OrgMode , which is
part of CVS Emacs. This is what it looks like:
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#SEC5

There seems to be remember-el support for it, too, which is good.

Try it out for a bit, and then we'll figure out which pieces you'd
like to cobble together. =)

--

-- 
Sacha Chua <sacha <at> free.net.ph> - open source geekette
http://sacha.free.net.ph/ - PGP Key ID: 0xE7FDF77C
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling
sachac on irc.freenode.net#emacs . YM: sachachua83
Michael Olson | 3 Aug 07:06 2005
Face
Picon
Picon

Re: "Trailing backslash" error generated when trying to use Muse mode

"Tim O Callaghan" <timo <at> dspsrv.com> writes:

> Wierldy enough, i had just finished tracking it down, and was just
> about to post this as a fix. The change must be made to Line 400 of
> muse-project.el, and it works like a charm.
>
> now, to integrate planner muse.....

Found a hotel with internet access :^) .  I've applied the fix in
Muse; thanks drkm, Tim.

--

-- 
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp
  /` |\ | | | IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #hcoop, #muse, #pulug
 |_] | \| |_| Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net
_______________________________________________
emacs-wiki-discuss mailing list
emacs-wiki-discuss <at> nongnu.org
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-wiki-discuss

Gmane