Benjamin Rutt | 3 Dec 01:47 2002
Picon

Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

I was trying to use the latest version of semantic from CVS.  I
entered the cedet/semantic directory, and typed the following:

    [rutt <at> gamma semantic]$ make "LOADPATH=../eieio ../speedbar"
    Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.
    make: *** [Makefile] Error 1
    [rutt <at> gamma semantic]$ ls -al Makefile Project.ede 
    -rw-------    1 rutt     cisgrad      3797 Aug 20 22:11 Makefile
    -rw-------    1 rutt     cisgrad      2465 Sep  6 22:17 Project.ede

Does an updated Makefile need to be checked in by someone who uses
EDE?  I don't know EDE.  Do I need to know EDE to use the CVS version
of semantic?

Thanks,
--

-- 
Benjamin

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Get the new Palm Tungsten T 
handheld. Power & Color in a compact size! 
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?palm0002en
Eric M. Ludlam | 3 Dec 04:18 2002

Re[1]: Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

>>> Benjamin Rutt <rutt+news <at> cis.ohio-state.edu> seems to think that:
>I was trying to use the latest version of semantic from CVS.  I
>entered the cedet/semantic directory, and typed the following:
>
>    [rutt <at> gamma semantic]$ make "LOADPATH=../eieio ../speedbar"
>    Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.
>    make: *** [Makefile] Error 1
>    [rutt <at> gamma semantic]$ ls -al Makefile Project.ede 
>    -rw-------    1 rutt     cisgrad      3797 Aug 20 22:11 Makefile
>    -rw-------    1 rutt     cisgrad      2465 Sep  6 22:17 Project.ede
>
>Does an updated Makefile need to be checked in by someone who uses
>EDE?  I don't know EDE.  Do I need to know EDE to use the CVS version
>of semantic?
  [ ... ]

Hi,

  Sometimes we check in the project when the Makefile hasn't changed
(version number or some such).  You can always type "touch Makefile"
and keep going.

  If you instead choose to use EDE, it has conveniences for working
with and building a project like semantic.  Most conveniences are
good for maintainers, but not so useful if you just want to compile
it once.

Have fun
Eric

(Continue reading)

Benjamin Rutt | 3 Dec 21:18 2002
Picon

Re: Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

"Eric M. Ludlam" <eric <at> siege-engine.com> writes:

>   Sometimes we check in the project when the Makefile hasn't changed
> (version number or some such).  You can always type "touch Makefile"
> and keep going.

Thanks, that's good to know.  After issuing the command

    touch `find . -name Makefile`

and changing the LOADPATH line in cedet/semantic/Makefile to read

    LOADPATH=../speedbar/ ../eieio/ ./bovine/ ./wisent/

I got the compilation as far along as I could.  But it stopped in the
wisent subdirectory.  Here are the last few lines that broke:

    Wrote /n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-python.elc
    Wrote /n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-java-lex.elc
    Done
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `wisent-wy.el', needed by `wisent'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent'
    make: *** [wisent] Error 2

Anything else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
--

-- 
Benjamin

(Continue reading)

Eric M. Ludlam | 4 Dec 15:57 2002

Re[2]: Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

Hi,

  Wisent-wy was obsoleted (I think).  I've checked in a new Makefile.

Enjoy
Eric

>>> Benjamin Rutt <rutt+news <at> cis.ohio-state.edu> seems to think that:
>"Eric M. Ludlam" <eric <at> siege-engine.com> writes:
>
>>   Sometimes we check in the project when the Makefile hasn't changed
>> (version number or some such).  You can always type "touch Makefile"
>> and keep going.
>
>Thanks, that's good to know.  After issuing the command
>
>    touch `find . -name Makefile`
>
>and changing the LOADPATH line in cedet/semantic/Makefile to read
>
>    LOADPATH=../speedbar/ ../eieio/ ./bovine/ ./wisent/
>
>I got the compilation as far along as I could.  But it stopped in the
>wisent subdirectory.  Here are the last few lines that broke:
>
>    Wrote /n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-python.elc
>    Wrote /n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-java-lex.elc
>    Done
>    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `wisent-wy.el', needed by `wisent'.  Stop.
>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/wisent'
(Continue reading)

Benjamin Rutt | 4 Dec 19:50 2002
Picon

Re: Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

"Eric M. Ludlam" <eric <at> siege-engine.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>   Wisent-wy was obsoleted (I think).  I've checked in a new Makefile.

Thanks.  The compilation almost works, with the exception that the
'tests' target fails:

    cd tests; make
    make[1]: Entering directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/tests'
    make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/tests'
    make: *** [Tests] Error 2

I noticed there is no file named cedet/semantic/tests/Makefile, so
that is why the top-level make is failing.  So I think the solution is
to remove 'Tests' from the all: line of the top-level Makefile until
the cedet/semantic/tests subdirectory has a working Makefile.

Thanks for your support on this,
--

-- 
Benjamin

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 
comprehensive development tool, built to increase your 
productivity. Try a free online hosted session at:
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?micr0003en
(Continue reading)

Eric M. Ludlam | 5 Dec 00:13 2002

Re[2]: Makefile is out of date! It needs to be regenerated by EDE.

>>> Benjamin Rutt <rutt+news <at> cis.ohio-state.edu> seems to think that:
>"Eric M. Ludlam" <eric <at> siege-engine.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   Wisent-wy was obsoleted (I think).  I've checked in a new Makefile.
>
>Thanks.  The compilation almost works, with the exception that the
>'tests' target fails:
>
>    cd tests; make
>    make[1]: Entering directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/tests'
>    make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/n/silver/17/rutt/emacs/packages/cedet/semantic/tests'
>    make: *** [Tests] Error 2
>
>I noticed there is no file named cedet/semantic/tests/Makefile, so
>that is why the top-level make is failing.  So I think the solution is
>to remove 'Tests' from the all: line of the top-level Makefile until
>the cedet/semantic/tests subdirectory has a working Makefile.
  [ ... ]

Good idea.  The only thing that might appear in tests in the future is
some sort of verification test.  Your solution is certainly correct at
the moment.

Eric

--

-- 
          Eric Ludlam:                 zappo <at> gnu.org, eric <at> siege-engine.com
(Continue reading)

Jean-Louis Leroy | 9 Dec 16:04 2002

COGRE questions

Hello everybody.

Firstly, is this the right - or lest wrong ;-) place for asking
questions about Cogre?

It looks like COGRE doesn't work under Xemacs 21.1, right?

How do I add attributes or methods to a class in a UML class diagram?

When I save a graph, the result is an ASCII file. Is there a way to
tell COGRE to draw boxes around classes, e.g.:

  +-------+
  | Fruit |
  +-------+
  +-------+
  | weight|
  +-------+

Is it possible to save and *reload* a COGRE buffer?

TIA,
Jean-Louis Leroy

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the
individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or
disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
(Continue reading)

Eric M. Ludlam | 9 Dec 20:22 2002

Re[1]: COGRE questions

>>> Jean-Louis Leroy <ler <at> cfmu.eurocontrol.int> seems to think that:
>Hello everybody.
>
>Firstly, is this the right - or lest wrong ;-) place for asking
>questions about Cogre?
>
>It looks like COGRE doesn't work under Xemacs 21.1, right?
>
>How do I add attributes or methods to a class in a UML class diagram?
>
>When I save a graph, the result is an ASCII file. Is there a way to
>tell COGRE to draw boxes around classes, e.g.:
>
>  +-------+
>  | Fruit |
>  +-------+
>  +-------+
>  | weight|
>  +-------+
>
>Is it possible to save and *reload* a COGRE buffer?
  [ ... ]

Hi,

  This is a reasonable place to ask questions.

  There is a COGRE XEmacs package that has been fixed to work on that
  platform.

(Continue reading)

David PONCE | 11 Dec 10:16 2002
Picon

ANN: Semantic 1.4.1 is released!

                     Semantic 1.4.1 is released!

* What's new

  This is a bug fix release only, without new features added.

* Requirements

  Semantic works with Emacs 20.x, 21, XEmacs 20.x, and 21.x.

  Semantic's speedbar interface requires the latest version of
  speedbar (1.4beta4).  The Semantic Database, Semantic Analysis, and
  semantic charts tools require the latest version of EIEIO (0.17).

* Availability

  You can download Semantic, speedbar and EIEIO from the CEDET project
  home page at: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/cedet>.

  The home page of Semantic is at:
  <http://cedet.sourceforge.net/semantic.shtml>.

* Patches, bug reports & feature requests

  Please use the various "Tracking systems" provided on the CEDET
  project page at: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/cedet>.

* Mailing list

  The cedet-semantic mailing list is available at:
(Continue reading)

Berndl, Klaus | 15 Dec 12:55 2002
Picon

AW: Semantic 1.4.1 is released!

Hello Eric and David!

I just downloaded semantic 1.4.1 and had noticed the following:

1. Bug in semantic-texi.el: It is not enough to add ("defopt" . 1) to
   semantic-texi-name-field-list but is also necessary to add opt to
   semantic-texi-super-regex:

(defvar semantic-texi-super-regex
  "^ <at> \\(chapter\\|\\(sub\\)*section\\|unnumbered\\(\\(sub\\)*sec\\)?\\|\
\\(chap\\|\\(sub\\)+\\|major\\)?heading\\|appendix\\(\\(sub\\)*sec\\)?\\|\
centerchap\\|def\\(var\\|un\\|fn\\|opt\\)x?\\)"
  "Regular expression used to find special sections in a Texinfo file.")

2. Problems with shipped semantic-util-modes.el: With 1.4.1 there is after
   every autom. (partial) reparse a recenter of the source-buffer which is
   pretty annoying. I have replaced the version of 1.4.1 with that one shipped
   with 1.4 and all is working fine, i.e. no recentering of the source-buffer.

   I'm wondering why the version of semantic-util-modes.el in 1.4.1 is
   X-RCS: $Id: semantic-util-modes.el,v 1.17 2001/12/08 03:12:39
   whereas the version of 1.4 seems to be much newer:
   X-RCS: $Id: semantic-util-modes.el,v 1.17.2.2 2002/05/07 02:40:50

   There are not many differences between these versions of
   semantic-util-modes.el but nevertheless they seem to be the reason for the
   annoying recenter behavior of the source-buffer after autom. reparsing.

Thoughts?

(Continue reading)


Gmane