T. V. Raman | 1 Apr 16:04 2008
Picon

[emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop] Emacspeak Goes Social

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2008

Live From San Jose ... Emacspeak Goes Social!

Investors and users alike welcomed today's announcement that Emacspeak (NASDOG:ESPK) would be going social --- Going Social is better than Going Postal!

As a pioneer in the space of eyes-free information access, Emacspeak will now help users go social speech-free --- all users need do is to use the system. When in use, the free-social features of Emacspeak will talk to others on your behalf, answer inane questions, and contribute to the community by in its turn asking even more inane questions of everyone else. In a repeat of the network effect that has led to the resounding success of systems like the World Wide Web and The Blogosphere, these viral features in Emacspeak are expected to win ones running instance many social connections. The longer one uses these features, the deeper one's social graph --- going forward, the information encapsulated in these social graphs will be converted to ever-increasing stacks of small pieces of green paper.

Coming Soon!

As these features are launched over the next few weeks, expect Emacspeak generated conversation streams to show up everywhere ranging from Twitter streams to random email messages that you can usefully use to forward to spammers. This innovative approach to communication finally adds value to spam --- and is being hailed as the next biggest business model to hit the ether.



--
Posted By T. V. Raman to emacspeak The Complete Audio Desktop at 4/01/2008 07:04:00 AM
Tim Cross | 6 Apr 05:41 2008
Picon

emacspeak and bmk-mgr


Hi Raman,

as usual, good work with the new release. 

One minor issue. 

I think there is some code still in the sources referencing
emacspeak-bmk-mgr.el. If I try a complete clean install of the new version
of emacspeak, since I'm also loading bmk-mgr, I get an error saying that
emacspeak-bmk-mgr cannot be loaded. None of my own files reference
emacspeak-bmk-mgr. The quick fix is to copy it back from contrib into the
lisp directory. I've copied the backtrace below. A grep shows a call to
emacspeak-do-package-setup that references emacspeak-bmk-mgr in
emacspeak.el.

I'm also wondering what everyone uses for managing their web bookmarks?
I've used planner, muse and org mode, but found bmk-mgr to be the most
convenient - I really like beinig able to just hit a key within w3 or w3m
to store a bookmark in a file that can also be displayed in a compressed
tree view for navigation .

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "emacspeak-bmk-mgr")
  require(emacspeak-bmk-mgr)
  (progn (require (quote emacspeak-bmk-mgr)) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library
"emacspeak-bmk-mgr")) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library "bmk-mgr")))
  eval((progn (require (quote emacspeak-bmk-mgr)) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from
(locate-library "emacspeak-bmk-mgr")) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library "bmk-mgr"))))

--

-- 
Tim Cross
tcross <at> rapttech.com.au

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.

Robert D. Crawford | 6 Apr 13:53 2008
Picon
Picon

Re: emacspeak and bmk-mgr

"Tim Cross" <tcross <at> rapttech.com.au> writes:

> I'm also wondering what everyone uses for managing their web bookmarks?

I, too, am using bmk-mgr.  I did the integration to get it working with
emacspeak and the work upstream to get it working with w3.  

BTW, It seems to have issues with emacs22 that I have not been able to
track down that show up when loading org mode.  I do not see these with
emacs23.  

nice to see that I am not the only one using it.

rdc
--

-- 
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x <at> comcast.net

Ahead warp factor one, Mr. Sulu.

T. V. Raman | 6 Apr 15:50 2008
Picon

Re: emacspeak and bmk-mgr

well, if there are at least 2 people using bmkmgr I can move it
back out of contrib -- this was the quickest way of finding out.

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert D Crawford <rdc1x <at> comcast.net> writes:
    Robert> "Tim Cross" <tcross <at> rapttech.com.au> writes:
    >> I'm also wondering what everyone uses for managing their
    >> web bookmarks?
    Robert> 
    Robert> I, too, am using bmk-mgr.  I did the integration to
    Robert> get it working with emacspeak and the work upstream
    Robert> to get it working with w3.
    Robert> 
    Robert> BTW, It seems to have issues with emacs22 that I have
    Robert> not been able to track down that show up when loading
    Robert> org mode.  I do not see these with emacs23.
    Robert> 
    Robert> nice to see that I am not the only one using it.
    Robert> 
    Robert> rdc -- Robert D. Crawford rdc1x <at> comcast.net
    Robert> 
    Robert> Ahead warp factor one, Mr. Sulu.
    Robert> 
    Robert> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robert> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
    Robert> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Robert> "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
    Robert> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--

-- 
Best Regards,
--raman

      
Email:  raman <at> users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com
PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
Google: tv+raman 
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

Rob Hill | 6 Apr 20:18 2008
Picon

emacspeak and bmk-mgr

Tim Cross writes:

Hello Tim and list,

I hadn't come across bmk-mgr before.  It looks very sensible- thanks
for bringing it to the attention of the list.

Regards,

Rob

 
 > 
 > Hi Raman,
 > 
 > as usual, good work with the new release. 
 > 
 > One minor issue. 
 > 
 > I think there is some code still in the sources referencing
 > emacspeak-bmk-mgr.el. If I try a complete clean install of the new version
 > of emacspeak, since I'm also loading bmk-mgr, I get an error saying that
 > emacspeak-bmk-mgr cannot be loaded. None of my own files reference
 > emacspeak-bmk-mgr. The quick fix is to copy it back from contrib into the
 > lisp directory. I've copied the backtrace below. A grep shows a call to
 > emacspeak-do-package-setup that references emacspeak-bmk-mgr in
 > emacspeak.el.
 > 
 > I'm also wondering what everyone uses for managing their web bookmarks?
 > I've used planner, muse and org mode, but found bmk-mgr to be the most
 > convenient - I really like beinig able to just hit a key within w3 or w3m
 > to store a bookmark in a file that can also be displayed in a compressed
 > tree view for navigation .
 > 
 > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "emacspeak-bmk-mgr")
 >   require(emacspeak-bmk-mgr)
 >   (progn (require (quote emacspeak-bmk-mgr)) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library
"emacspeak-bmk-mgr")) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library "bmk-mgr")))
 >   eval((progn (require (quote emacspeak-bmk-mgr)) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from
(locate-library "emacspeak-bmk-mgr")) (emacspeak-fix-commands-loaded-from (locate-library "bmk-mgr"))))
 > 
 > 
 > 
 > 
 >  
 > 
 > -- 
 > Tim Cross
 > tcross <at> rapttech.com.au
 > 
 > There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
 > understand and those who do not understand what they manage.
 > 
 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 > To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
 > emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
 > subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
 > 

Tim Cross | 8 Apr 12:39 2008
Picon

Re:Sometimes bad responsiveness with outloud and alsa 1.0.16


Just a followup on this. I have had one box with an Audigy 4 card that is
really playing up. I get really slow character echo and often words spoken
twice. I've spent hours trying to get a better asoundrc file, but with no
luck. 

On another box, running an older SB Live card, I was also getting som
eproblems, but nowwhere  as bad. 

I've found that under both Debian testing and unstable, I still need a
.asoundrc file. Without one, I get unusable output from outloud. 

I've also noticed I'm getting segmentation faults from outloud on both
systems. Not sure why yet. 

I removed all the sound stuff I didn't need, such as jackd, pulseaudio,
portaudio and other sundry packages installed as dependencies for various
other programs I've tried out. This appears to have fixed the problem on
one box. I've yet to try it on the other. 

The better performance now is on the Debian unstable box with the SB Live
card. The Debian testing box running with an Audigy 4 card is nearly
unusable because character echo is really slow (other spects of the speech
are fine). 

Tim

Lukas Loehrer writes:
 > 
 > On Debian sid with libasound2-1.0.16-2, I am getting very bad
 > responsiveness with the outloud speech server in some situations. The
 > problem goes away after downgrading to libasound2 1.0.15-3.
 > 
 > Responsiveness is not generally bad, but only in some situations. The
 > problem is easier to see with low speech-rates. The problem is for
 > example reproducible in in an info buffer when cycling from links to
 > links with the tab key. Voice locking must be enabled.
 > 
 > 1. Hit tab to jump to a link
 > 2. wait a bit until emacspeak is in the middle of reading the actual link text
 > 3. Hit tab again to get to the next link
 > 
 > What should happen: speech should stop imediately and the next link should be read.
 > What happens with libasound 1.0.16-2: The text of the first link is read to the end and then the text of the
second link is read.
 > 
 > Similar effects can be observed when moving through code line by line
 > and some font-locking is present. 
 > 
 > I have not yet been able to nail down the problem to a specific alsa
 > api call, but it is probably either snd_pcm_writei() or snd_pcm_drop()
 > whose behavior must have  changed in a subtle way in 1.0.16. I cannot produce
 > a short test case that reproduces the problem, so reporting the bug to
 > either Debian or Alsa is difficult. Can anyone reproduce the described
 > behavior?
 > 
 > Best regards, Lukas
 > 
 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 > To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
 > emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
 > subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
 > 

--

-- 
Tim Cross
tcross <at> rapttech.com.au

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.

Tim Cross | 8 Apr 14:27 2008
Picon

Re:emacspeak and eamacs 23 again


Just wanted to say that I was not able to reproduce this bug. I can run
emacs in the console with a recent version of emacspeak and don't get the
variable binding error. 

I'm running emacs from today's CVS built with

./configure --enable-font-backend --prefix=/usr/local

It also has dbus support, which so far hasn't given me any problems. I also
built with GTK support. 

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) 
of 2008-04-08 on lion

,----[ C-h v emacspeak-version RET ]
| emacspeak-version is a variable defined in `emacspeak-setup.el'.
| Its value is 
| "27.0 Revision 5553M"
| 
| Documentation:
| Version number for Emacspeak.
`----
Tim

T. V. Raman writes:
 > for the variable binding depth error, rebuilding emacspeak with
 > the new emacs after doing a make clean in emacspeak should fix
 > it.
 > 
 > I'm still running emacs 23 from Feb 1  2008 because of other
 > emacs bugs --- specifically in some modes, not all keys bound by
 > that mode are available.
 > 
 > 
 > No one on emacs-devel has responded t that bug -- everyone is
 > busy fixing the unicode branch integration troubles.
 > 
 > >>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1 <at> gmx.net> writes:
 >     Lukas> I just tried using emacspeak with emacs 23 compiled
 >     Lukas> from cvs 2008-03-28. Actually, I recompiled today's
 >     Lukas> emacs-snapshot package for ubuntu gutsy. dbus support
 >     Lukas> is disabled. I am running emacs on the linux
 >     Lukas> console. I get the previously mentioned error when
 >     Lukas> doing C-n or C-p:
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> ad-Orig-next-line: Variable binding depth exceeds
 >     Lukas> max-specpdl-size
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> As the problem appears to be in emacs, are the emacs
 >     Lukas> devels aware of it?
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> I do not really need emacs 23 at this point but I am
 >     Lukas> curious to see what the new unicode support is like.
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> Best regards, Lukas
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> 
 >     Lukas> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >     Lukas> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
 >     Lukas> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
 >     Lukas> "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
 >     Lukas> "unsubscribe" or "help"
 > 
 > -- 
 > Best Regards,
 > --raman
 > 
 >       
 > Email:  raman <at> users.sf.net
 > WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
 > AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com
 > PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
 > Google: tv+raman 
 > IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
 > 
 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 > To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
 > emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
 > subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
 > 

--

-- 
Tim Cross
tcross <at> rapttech.com.au

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.

T. V. Raman | 8 Apr 15:26 2008
Picon

Re:emacspeak and eamacs 23 again

you're running from cvs, see if the keybinding issue I was
hitting is gone.

Esiest test: 

run mspools (lisp/mail/mspools in the emacs distribution,
and in the spools buffer, see if keys 'n' and 'p' are bound.

>>>>> "Tim" == Tim Cross <tcross <at> rapttech.com.au> writes:
    Tim> Just wanted to say that I was not able to reproduce this
    Tim> bug. I can run emacs in the console with a recent
    Tim> version of emacspeak and don't get the variable binding
    Tim> error.
    Tim> 
    Tim> I'm running emacs from today's CVS built with
    Tim> 
    Tim> ./configure --enable-font-backend --prefix=/usr/local
    Tim> 
    Tim> It also has dbus support, which so far hasn't given me
    Tim> any problems. I also built with GTK support.
    Tim> 
    Tim> GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
    Tim> 2.12.9) of 2008-04-08 on lion
    Tim> 
    Tim> ,----[ C-h v emacspeak-version RET ] | emacspeak-version
    Tim> is a variable defined in `emacspeak-setup.el'.  | Its
    Tim> value is | "27.0 Revision 5553M" | | Documentation: |
    Tim> Version number for Emacspeak.  `---- Tim
    Tim> 
    Tim> 
    Tim> T. V. Raman writes:
    >> for the variable binding depth error, rebuilding emacspeak
    >> with the new emacs after doing a make clean in emacspeak
    >> should fix it.
    >> 
    >> I'm still running emacs 23 from Feb 1 2008 because of
    >> other emacs bugs --- specifically in some modes, not all
    >> keys bound by that mode are available.
    >> 
    >> 
    >> No one on emacs-devel has responded t that bug -- everyone
    >> is busy fixing the unicode branch integration troubles.
    >> 
    >> >>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1 <at> gmx.net> writes:
    Lukas> I just tried using emacspeak with emacs 23 compiled
    Lukas> from cvs 2008-03-28. Actually, I recompiled today's
    Lukas> emacs-snapshot package for ubuntu gutsy. dbus support
    Lukas> is disabled. I am running emacs on the linux
    Lukas> console. I get the previously mentioned error when
    Lukas> doing C-n or C-p:
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> ad-Orig-next-line: Variable binding depth exceeds
    Lukas> max-specpdl-size
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> As the problem appears to be in emacs, are the emacs
    Lukas> devels aware of it?
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> I do not really need emacs 23 at this point but I am
    Lukas> curious to see what the new unicode support is like.
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> Best regards, Lukas
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> 
    Lukas> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lukas> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
    Lukas> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Lukas> "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
    Lukas> "unsubscribe" or "help"
    >> 
    >> -- 
    >> Best Regards, --raman
    >> 
    >> 
    >> Email: raman <at> users.sf.net WWW:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/ AIM: emacspeak GTalk:
    >> tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com PGP:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc Google:
    >> tv+raman IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
    >> 
    >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
    >> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    >> "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
    >> "unsubscribe" or "help"
    >> 
    Tim> 
-- 
Tim Cross tcross <at> rapttech.com.au
    Tim> 
    Tim> There are two types of people in IT - those who do not
    Tim> manage what they understand and those who do not
    Tim> understand what they manage.

--

-- 
Best Regards,
--raman

      
Email:  raman <at> users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com
PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
Google: tv+raman 
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

Steve Holmes | 8 Apr 15:24 2008

Re: emacspeak and eamacs 23 again


Just wondering, if gtk support is available in emacs-23, does this
mean it might work under Orca as a gnome app?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:27:07PM +1000, Tim Cross wrote:
> 
> Just wanted to say that I was not able to reproduce this bug. I can run
> emacs in the console with a recent version of emacspeak and don't get the
> variable binding error. 
> 
> I'm running emacs from today's CVS built with
> 
> ./configure --enable-font-backend --prefix=/usr/local
> 
> It also has dbus support, which so far hasn't given me any problems. I also
> built with GTK support. 
> 
> GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) 
> of 2008-04-08 on lion
> 
> ,----[ C-h v emacspeak-version RET ]
> | emacspeak-version is a variable defined in `emacspeak-setup.el'.
> | Its value is 
> | "27.0 Revision 5553M"
> | 
> | Documentation:
> | Version number for Emacspeak.
> `----
> Tim
> 
> 
> T. V. Raman writes:
>  > for the variable binding depth error, rebuilding emacspeak with
>  > the new emacs after doing a make clean in emacspeak should fix
>  > it.
>  > 
>  > I'm still running emacs 23 from Feb 1  2008 because of other
>  > emacs bugs --- specifically in some modes, not all keys bound by
>  > that mode are available.
>  > 
>  > 
>  > No one on emacs-devel has responded t that bug -- everyone is
>  > busy fixing the unicode branch integration troubles.
>  > 
>  > >>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1 <at> gmx.net> writes:
>  >     Lukas> I just tried using emacspeak with emacs 23 compiled
>  >     Lukas> from cvs 2008-03-28. Actually, I recompiled today's
>  >     Lukas> emacs-snapshot package for ubuntu gutsy. dbus support
>  >     Lukas> is disabled. I am running emacs on the linux
>  >     Lukas> console. I get the previously mentioned error when
>  >     Lukas> doing C-n or C-p:
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> ad-Orig-next-line: Variable binding depth exceeds
>  >     Lukas> max-specpdl-size
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> As the problem appears to be in emacs, are the emacs
>  >     Lukas> devels aware of it?
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> I do not really need emacs 23 at this point but I am
>  >     Lukas> curious to see what the new unicode support is like.
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> Best regards, Lukas
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> 
>  >     Lukas> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >     Lukas> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
>  >     Lukas> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
>  >     Lukas> "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
>  >     Lukas> "unsubscribe" or "help"
>  > 
>  > -- 
>  > Best Regards,
>  > --raman
>  > 
>  >       
>  > Email:  raman <at> users.sf.net
>  > WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
>  > AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com
>  > PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
>  > Google: tv+raman 
>  > IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
>  > 
>  > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
>  > emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
>  > subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
>  > 
> 
> -- 
> Tim Cross
> tcross <at> rapttech.com.au
> 
> There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
> understand and those who do not understand what they manage.
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
> emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
> subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
> 

--

-- 
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/
Lukas Loehrer | 8 Apr 18:42 2008
Picon
Picon

Re: Sometimes bad responsiveness with outloud and alsa 1.0.16


Tim,

I am pretty sure this is a regression in libasound 1.0.16. Or at
least, the blocking semantics of some api functions must have changed
in a way not expected by the outloud speech server. I doubt it will be
fixable by duning the .asoundrc file. The problem is that I still
cannot produce a useful small test case to reproduce and document the
problem. 

For now, I would stick with libasound 1.0.15 on machines that are
needed to get work done.

Best regards, Lukas

Tim Cross writes ("Re:Sometimes bad responsiveness with outloud and alsa 1.0.16"):
> 
> Just a followup on this. I have had one box with an Audigy 4 card that is
> really playing up. I get really slow character echo and often words spoken
> twice. I've spent hours trying to get a better asoundrc file, but with no
> luck. 
> 
> On another box, running an older SB Live card, I was also getting som
> eproblems, but nowwhere  as bad. 
> 
> I've found that under both Debian testing and unstable, I still need a
> .asoundrc file. Without one, I get unusable output from outloud. 
> 
> I've also noticed I'm getting segmentation faults from outloud on both
> systems. Not sure why yet. 
> 
> I removed all the sound stuff I didn't need, such as jackd, pulseaudio,
> portaudio and other sundry packages installed as dependencies for various
> other programs I've tried out. This appears to have fixed the problem on
> one box. I've yet to try it on the other. 
> 
> The better performance now is on the Debian unstable box with the SB Live
> card. The Debian testing box running with an Audigy 4 card is nearly
> unusable because character echo is really slow (other spects of the speech
> are fine). 
> 
> Tim
> 
> Lukas Loehrer writes:
>  > 
>  > On Debian sid with libasound2-1.0.16-2, I am getting very bad
>  > responsiveness with the outloud speech server in some situations. The
>  > problem goes away after downgrading to libasound2 1.0.15-3.
>  > 
>  > Responsiveness is not generally bad, but only in some situations. The
>  > problem is easier to see with low speech-rates. The problem is for
>  > example reproducible in in an info buffer when cycling from links to
>  > links with the tab key. Voice locking must be enabled.
>  > 
>  > 1. Hit tab to jump to a link
>  > 2. wait a bit until emacspeak is in the middle of reading the actual link text
>  > 3. Hit tab again to get to the next link
>  > 
>  > What should happen: speech should stop imediately and the next link should be read.
>  > What happens with libasound 1.0.16-2: The text of the first link is read to the end and then the text of the
second link is read.
>  > 
>  > Similar effects can be observed when moving through code line by line
>  > and some font-locking is present. 
>  > 
>  > I have not yet been able to nail down the problem to a specific alsa
>  > api call, but it is probably either snd_pcm_writei() or snd_pcm_drop()
>  > whose behavior must have  changed in a subtle way in 1.0.16. I cannot produce
>  > a short test case that reproduces the problem, so reporting the bug to
>  > either Debian or Alsa is difficult. Can anyone reproduce the described
>  > behavior?
>  > 
>  > Best regards, Lukas
>  > 
>  > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
>  > emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request <at> cs.vassar.edu" with a
>  > subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
>  > 
> 
> -- 
> Tim Cross
> tcross <at> rapttech.com.au
> 
> There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they 
> understand and those who do not understand what they manage.
> 


Gmane