Ralf Angeli | 3 Jul 16:13 2010
Picon

Re: Version of precompiled AUCTeX

* Uwe Siart (2010-06-26) writes:

> When the opportunity arises the download page
>
>   <http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html>
>
> would need some update for Emacs 23.2.

I've uploaded a precompiled package of AUCTeX 11.86 for Emacs 23.2 on
Windows to the FTP server.  However, this is not tested yet.  I'll do
that during the upcoming week and update the web page if everything is
okay.  Of course, you can already check it out before that happens if
you want.

--

-- 
Ralf
Darren Hoo | 9 Jul 20:18 2010
Picon

problem with non-white background in Emacs

Hi,
   I use auctex with xelatex which can only output pdf,I have
problem because I  use a non-white (black) background in Emacs
The color of the text is also black in the images created
I have tried  changing the color of the preview background
but it has no effect.

this is my settings:
 (setq preview-transparent-border 2.5)
 (setq preview-transparent-color  '(highlight :foreground))

for example  the output of $ \lnot \forall xP(x)  \exists x \lnot P(x) $
is as the image in the attachment.
_______________________________________________
auctex mailing list
auctex <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex
gerald.jean | 12 Jul 20:08 2010
Picon

Correlate I / O.


Hello,

I am running:
Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2009-07-06 on actul01.dgdom.net
Package: 11.86

ever since I upgraded AucTeX to 11.86 I can't perform reverse search
anymore?  I set "correlate source" either through the correlate I / O tab
of the "TeXing options" Submenu of the "Command" menu or through
"C-cC-tCs", I then recompile.  Both ways yield the same result, xdvi starts
and pops up a small window with the message:

"No source specials in this .dvi file - couldn't perform reverse search".

Previous versions of AucTeX behaved as expected, what is happening here?

Thanks,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Actuariat et Solutions d'assurances,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean <at> dgag.ca

"We believe in God, others must bring Data."

(Continue reading)

Ralf Angeli | 12 Jul 21:15 2010
Picon

Re: Correlate I / O.

* gerald jean (2010-07-12) writes:

> ever since I upgraded AucTeX to 11.86 I can't perform reverse search
> anymore?  I set "correlate source" either through the correlate I / O tab
> of the "TeXing options" Submenu of the "Command" menu or through
> "C-cC-tCs", I then recompile.  Both ways yield the same result, xdvi starts
> and pops up a small window with the message:
>
> "No source specials in this .dvi file - couldn't perform reverse search".
>
> Previous versions of AucTeX behaved as expected, what is happening here?

What's the output of `C-h v TeX-source-correlate-method-active <RET>'?
If it is `synctex' you might want to set `TeX-source-correlate-method'
to reflect your preference for source specials.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 12 Jul 22:09 2010
Picon

Re: Correlate I / O.

Please keep the mailing list copied!

* gerald jean (2010-07-12) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> a écrit sur 2010/07/12 15:15:17 :
>
>> What's the output of `C-h v TeX-source-correlate-method-active <RET>'?
>> If it is `synctex' you might want to set `TeX-source-correlate-method'
>> to reflect your preference for source specials.
>
> `C-h v TeX-source-correlate-method-active <RET>' returns:
> |------------------------
> TeX-source-correlate-method-active is a variable defined in `tex.el'.
> Its value is nil

Is that after you enabled TeX Source Correlate mode?

> what are the options here?  All I want is going back and forth between the
> source file and the dvi file having the softwares keeping track of where we
> are at in the source file and in the dvi file.  I use xdvi as a pre-viewer,
> if that matters?

Try `M-x customize-variable <RET> TeX-source-correlate-method <RET>'.
Besides letting you set the variable this provides you with a
description of the variable and its options.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 12 Jul 22:18 2010
Picon

Re: problem with non-white background in Emacs

* Darren Hoo (2010-07-09) writes:

>    I use auctex with xelatex which can only output pdf,I have
> problem because I  use a non-white (black) background in Emacs
> The color of the text is also black in the images created
> I have tried  changing the color of the preview background
> but it has no effect.
>
> this is my settings:
>  (setq preview-transparent-border 2.5)
>  (setq preview-transparent-color  '(highlight :foreground))
>
> for example  the output of $ \lnot \forall xP(x)  \exists x \lnot P(x) $
> is as the image in the attachment.

I can reproduce this by starting Emacs with

$ emacs -bg gray12 -fg gray66 file.tex

and a file like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
foo $1+1=2$ bar
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables: 
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
(Continue reading)

Otto Maddox | 13 Jul 14:31 2010

Installing on Mac OS X 10.5 with self-contained Emacs 23.2

I've installed Emacs 23.2 as a self-contained application (i.e., using
--with-ns during configuration). So nothing weird. Now I'm having
difficulty finding the right configure options for AUCTeX 11.86 . I
tried "./configure
--with-emacs=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs" and got

checking where lisp files go... configure: error: Cannot locate lisp
directory,
use  --with-lispdir, --datadir, or possibly --prefix to rectify this

Why can't configure determine automatically where to put the lisp files,
info documentation, etc?

--

-- 
http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service
Ralf Angeli | 13 Jul 18:06 2010
Picon

Re: Installing on Mac OS X 10.5 with self-contained Emacs 23.2

* Otto Maddox (2010-07-13) writes:

> I've installed Emacs 23.2 as a self-contained application (i.e., using
> --with-ns during configuration). So nothing weird. Now I'm having
> difficulty finding the right configure options for AUCTeX 11.86 . I
> tried "./configure
> --with-emacs=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs" and got
>
> checking where lisp files go... configure: error: Cannot locate lisp
> directory,
> use  --with-lispdir, --datadir, or possibly --prefix to rectify this
>
> Why can't configure determine automatically where to put the lisp files,
> info documentation, etc?

Probably because none of the active AUCTeX developers owns a Mac.  But I
think even when installing for Emacs under Windows configure does not
find all directories by itself.  In the top-level Makefile of AUCTeX
there is a target for the precompiled AUCTeX package for Windows and the
configure call looks like this:

./configure --prefix=$(WBUILDDIR)/emacs-$(WEMACSVER) \
  --without-texmf-dir --with-emacs=$(WEMACS) \
  --with-lispdir=$(WBUILDDIR)/emacs-$(WEMACSVER)/site-lisp \
  --datarootdir=$(WBUILDDIR)/emacs-$(WEMACSVER) \

Something along those lines might work for you as well if you exchange
the variables with proper values for your system.

--

-- 
(Continue reading)

Juho Viitasalo | 17 Jul 15:36 2010
Picon
Picon

preview-latex, tightpage and transparent background

Hey!

I'm doing an open source LaTeX to flash converter.

I have used preview-latex package to produce cropped equations. Here is 
the example .tex file.
------------------------------------------------
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{amssymb,amsmath}

\usepackage[active, tightpage]{preview}

\begin{document}

\begin{preview}

$\sum$

\end{preview}

\end{document}
-------------------------------------------------

I convert this to pdf using pdftex. Pdf contains only the cropped 
equation. I convert this to swf (Flash format) using pdf2swf (SWFTools), 
but I notice that it has a white solid background. I would need the 
background of the pdf to be transparent. Is this possible?

Best regards,
(Continue reading)

Makmiller Martins Pedroso | 18 Jul 10:41 2010
Picon

natbib and syntax hightlighting

Hi all,

I'm currently using the natbib package to manage my
references. Usually the commands \citet and \citep are highlightled in my tex file. 
However, if I use a separate class file
to load the natbib package, the commands \citet and \citep are *not*
highlighted in my tex file any more. Do you have any suggestion of how
I can solve this problem?

(Parsing the buffer on load and save are both enabled in my init file. I'm using AUCTeX 11.86).

Thanks!

mak

_______________________________________________
auctex mailing list
auctex <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex

Gmane