Ralf Angeli | 3 Apr 16:25 2011
Picon

Re: Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

* Antoine Levitt (2011-03-31) writes:

> Forward search happens automatically upon calling the viewer, e.g. by
> typing C-c C-v (TeX-view). This will open the viewer or bring it to
> front and display the output page corresponding to the position of point
> in the source file. AUCTeX will automatically pass the necessary command
> line options to the viewer for this to happen.
>
> But that doesn't work using evince and (setq TeX-source-correlate-method
> 'synctex) (it always gets to the first page, and calls evince with -p 1
> for some reason). Any pointers?

Please provide a sample file and a recipe for reproducing the issue.

--

-- 
Ralf
Antoine Levitt | 3 Apr 17:46 2011
Picon

Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

03/04/11 16:25, Ralf Angeli
> * Antoine Levitt (2011-03-31) writes:
>
>> Forward search happens automatically upon calling the viewer, e.g. by
>> typing C-c C-v (TeX-view). This will open the viewer or bring it to
>> front and display the output page corresponding to the position of point
>> in the source file. AUCTeX will automatically pass the necessary command
>> line options to the viewer for this to happen.
>>
>> But that doesn't work using evince and (setq TeX-source-correlate-method
>> 'synctex) (it always gets to the first page, and calls evince with -p 1
>> for some reason). Any pointers?
>
> Please provide a sample file and a recipe for reproducing the issue.

Ok, so my problem is that I was testing by calling the viewer from after
\end{document}. Calling it from inside the text works just fine. Sorry
about that.

Forward sync with evince still isn't as good as it could be. See for
instance http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1716268, which offers
synchronisation up to the line number, with a nice red box around the
current line. But it seems too specific to be included in auctex. Shame
there isn't a more general interface to communicate between editors and
viewers.
Tassilo Horn | 3 Apr 19:17 2011

[Tassilo Horn] [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

Hi Antoine and Ralf,

I have no clue why, but the two fordwarded mails didn't make it to the
list (or Gmane).  Anyway, I've found the reason and the second mail
contains a patch.

Bye,
Tassilo

Subject: Topics
Topics:
   Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
   Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
Picon
From: Tassilo Horn <tassilo <at> member.fsf.org>
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
Date: 2011-03-31 19:02:04 GMT
Antoine Levitt <antoine.levitt <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi Antoine,
(Continue reading)

Rasmus | 4 Apr 04:20 2011
Picon

Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS


> Forward sync with evince still isn't as good as it could be. See for
> instance http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1716268, which offers
> synchronisation up to the line number, with a nice red box around the
> current line. But it seems too specific to be included in auctex. Shame
> there isn't a more general interface to communicate between editors and
> viewers.

It is rather trivial to make Emacs call the "Ubuntu"-scripts. 

Using somewhat modefied scripts I am able to have forward and backward
search with Evince+Emacs. Very nice!

BTW: I use the latest release (not CVS). From the other posts it seems
mostly redundant to use external synctex scripts with CVS, no? (Except
for the indeed very nice red box)

Cheers,
Rasmus

--

-- 
Sent from my Emacs
Antoine Levitt | 4 Apr 08:27 2011
Picon

Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

04/04/11 04:20, Rasmus
>> Forward sync with evince still isn't as good as it could be. See for
>> instance http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1716268, which offers
>> synchronisation up to the line number, with a nice red box around the
>> current line. But it seems too specific to be included in auctex. Shame
>> there isn't a more general interface to communicate between editors and
>> viewers.
>
> It is rather trivial to make Emacs call the "Ubuntu"-scripts. 
>
> Using somewhat modefied scripts I am able to have forward and backward
> search with Evince+Emacs. Very nice!
>
> BTW: I use the latest release (not CVS). From the other posts it seems
> mostly redundant to use external synctex scripts with CVS, no? (Except
> for the indeed very nice red box)

Except for the red box and synchronisation at the line level, yes.
Antoine Levitt | 4 Apr 08:31 2011
Picon

TeX-source-correlate-sync-source uses goto-line

TeX-source-correlate-sync-source uses goto-line, which is apparently
discouraged. Besides, it leaves disgracious "mark set" messages. I'm not
familiar with this kind of things so I don't know what's good practice,
but here's a patch that replaces it with what it says in the doc.

Attachment (auctex-goto-line.diff): text/x-diff, 615 bytes
_______________________________________________
auctex-devel mailing list
auctex-devel <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex-devel
Rasmus | 4 Apr 11:54 2011
Picon

Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

> BTW: I use the latest release (not CVS). From the other posts it seems
> mostly redundant to use external synctex scripts with CVS, no? (Except
> for the indeed very nice red box)

I just tried to swtich to auctex-cvs, however, it does not work due to the
SyncTeX changes, it seems. I have also updated to the latest emacs-bzr.

I get the following error when I try to enter LaTeX-mode

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session)
|   dbus-register-signal(:session nil "/org/gnome/evince/Window/0" "org.gnome.evince.Window"
"SyncSource" TeX-source-correlate-sync-source)
|   TeX-source-correlate-mode(1)
|   VirTeX-common-initialization()
|   LaTeX-common-initialization()
|   LaTeX-mode()
|   call-interactively(LaTeX-mode t nil)
|   execute-extended-command(nil)
|   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
|   recursive-edit()
`----

Dbus is running. . . 

Thanks,
Rasmus

--

-- 
Sent from my Emacs
(Continue reading)

Mads Jensen | 4 Apr 22:33 2011

\addcontents inaccuracy

Hi,

When using C-c RET addcontentsline

AUCTeX asks for a normal filename for the file, however, the
file-argument should be one of these three (extension of the file; see
manual):
lof, lot, toc

The same thing applies to \addtocontents. I'm aware that some packages
write their entry files to support \listofsomething{}. Would it be an
idea to look at the list of files in the current directory and find
files with extensions of something like "lo[a-z]*", and use those along
with the above three?
--

-- 
Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards,
Mads Jensen
Rubinsteinsvej 31,st.th
DK-2450 Kbh. SV
Denmark
+45 6168 8518

_______________________________________________
auctex-devel mailing list
auctex-devel <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex-devel
Ralf Angeli | 10 Apr 16:50 2011
Picon

Re: Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

* Rasmus (2011-04-04) writes:

> I just tried to swtich to auctex-cvs, however, it does not work due to the
> SyncTeX changes, it seems. I have also updated to the latest emacs-bzr.
>
> I get the following error when I try to enter LaTeX-mode
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session)
> |   dbus-register-signal(:session nil "/org/gnome/evince/Window/0" "org.gnome.evince.Window"
"SyncSource" TeX-source-correlate-sync-source)

I cannot reproduce this.

Was your Emacs compiled with D-Bus support?

What's the output of
M-: (getenv "DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS") <RET>
and
M-: (featurep 'dbusbind) <RET>
?

--

-- 
Ralf
Rasmus | 10 Apr 17:07 2011
Picon

Re: Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

> Was your Emacs compiled with D-Bus support?

 From what I can gather from config it compiles with Dbus by default, eh?

This is the config part

,----
|     ./autogen.sh
|     ./configure \
| 	--prefix=/usr \
| 	--sysconfdir=/etc \
| 	--localstatedir=/var \
| 	--libexecdir=/usr/lib \
| 	--without-sound \
| 	--with-x-toolkit=gtk
|     make
`----

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1) of 
2011-04-04 on Pank

> What's the output of
> M-: (getenv "DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS")

nil

It probably shouldn't be...?

> M-: (featurep 'dbusbind)

(Continue reading)


Gmane