Ralf Angeli | 1 Mar 16:04 2009
Picon

Re: RefTeX: Create BibTeX file misses citations

* Wolfgang Mayer (2009-02-25) writes:

> reftex-all-used-citation-keys extracts only the cite keys that appear
> in the last \cite{} command in a line, but skips other \cite{}'s on
> the same line.
>
> Enclosed are:
> * a test case to demonstrate the problem (.tex and .bib file) (tested
>   using Emacs 22.3.1, today's CVS checkout, reftex-cite.el revision
>   1.52)
> * a patch to fix it.

Thanks!  I've applied the patch.

> -            (while (re-search-forward
"^[^%\n\r]*\\\\\\(bibentry\\|[a-zA-Z]*cite[a-zA-Z]*\\)\\(\\[[^\\]]*\\]\\)?{\\([^}]+\\)}"
nil t)
> +            (while (re-search-forward
"\\(?:^\\|\\=\\)[^%\n\r]*?\\\\\\(bibentry\\|[a-zA-Z]*cite[a-zA-Z]*\\)\\(\\[[^\\]]*\\]\\)?{\\([^}]+\\)}"
nil t)

Just as a random thought: Using \= here is a smart way to prevent the
regexp from matching in %-based comments.  Should we ever want to use
RefTeX for modes with other comment starters, we might have to think
about doing things like this with `reftex-in-comment'.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 1 Mar 17:49 2009
Picon

Re: multicolumn

* Mads Jensen (2009-02-26) writes:

> The multicolumn requires three arguments, but AuCTeX inserts only one
> pair of brackets when using alt-backspace. I couldn't figure out where
> the functionality is located.

`M-backspace' runs `backward-kill-word' unless you fiddled with the
binding.  So without you providing more information about what command
is called by `M-backspace' in your case, it is impossible to tell why
you only get two pairs of braces.  Because if you use the insertion
command provided by AUCTeX, namely `C-c <RET> multicolumn <RET>', then
three pairs are inserted and AUCTeX even prompts you for the arguments.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 1 Mar 17:59 2009
Picon

New PSTricks files

Hi Holger,

please provide ChangeLog entries for the new files you checked in,
including the changes made to pstricks.el.  You might also want to add
entries for the new files to the STYLESRC variable in Makefile.in.
Otherwise they won't be copied to the installation target directory.

--

-- 
Ralf
Mads Jensen | 1 Mar 18:37 2009

Re: multicolumn

Ralf Angeli wrote:
> * Mads Jensen (2009-02-26) writes:
> 
>> The multicolumn requires three arguments, but AuCTeX inserts only one
>> pair of brackets when using alt-backspace. I couldn't figure out where
>> the functionality is located.
> 
> `M-backspace' runs `backward-kill-word' unless you fiddled with the
> binding.  So without you providing more information about what command
> is called by `M-backspace' in your case, it is impossible to tell why
> you only get two pairs of braces.  Because if you use the insertion
> command provided by AUCTeX, namely `C-c <RET> multicolumn <RET>', then
> three pairs are inserted and AUCTeX even prompts you for the arguments.

Sorry, I made a "typo", and of course meant M-tab. Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,
Mads

_______________________________________________
auctex-devel mailing list
auctex-devel <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex-devel
Ralf Angeli | 1 Mar 19:16 2009
Picon

Re: multicolumn

* Mads Jensen (2009-03-01) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> * Mads Jensen (2009-02-26) writes:
>> 
>>> The multicolumn requires three arguments, but AuCTeX inserts only one
>>> pair of brackets when using alt-backspace. I couldn't figure out where
>>> the functionality is located.
>> 
>> `M-backspace' runs `backward-kill-word' unless you fiddled with the
>> binding.  So without you providing more information about what command
>> is called by `M-backspace' in your case, it is impossible to tell why
>> you only get two pairs of braces.  Because if you use the insertion
>> command provided by AUCTeX, namely `C-c <RET> multicolumn <RET>', then
>> three pairs are inserted and AUCTeX even prompts you for the arguments.
>
> Sorry, I made a "typo", and of course meant M-tab. Sorry for the confusion.

,----[ (info "(auctex)Completion") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here ]
|    A more direct way to insert a macro is with `TeX-insert-macro',
| bound to `C-c C-m' which is equivalent to `C-c <RET>'.  It has the
| advantage over completion that it knows about the argument of most
| standard LaTeX macros, and will prompt for them.  It also knows about
| the type of the arguments, so it will for example give completion for
| the argument to `\include'.  Some examples are listed below.
`----

--

-- 
Ralf
(Continue reading)

David Kastrup | 13 Mar 11:27 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: RefTeX: Create BibTeX file misses citations

Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:

>> -            (while (re-search-forward
"^[^%\n\r]*\\\\\\(bibentry\\|[a-zA-Z]*cite[a-zA-Z]*\\)\\(\\[[^\\]]*\\]\\)?{\\([^}]+\\)}"
nil t)
>> +            (while (re-search-forward
"\\(?:^\\|\\=\\)[^%\n\r]*?\\\\\\(bibentry\\|[a-zA-Z]*cite[a-zA-Z]*\\)\\(\\[[^\\]]*\\]\\)?{\\([^}]+\\)}"
nil t)
>
> Just as a random thought: Using \= here is a smart way to prevent the
> regexp from matching in %-based comments.  Should we ever want to use
> RefTeX for modes with other comment starters, we might have to think
> about doing things like this with `reftex-in-comment'.

AFAIR, RefTeX does not even work in .dtx files.  Quite a shortcoming:
all navigation is unavailable.

Would likely require quite a bit of revision.

--

-- 
David Kastrup
Ralf Angeli | 15 Mar 16:38 2009
Picon

Re: Preview-latex temporaty files

* David Kastrup (2009-03-12) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:
>
>> Perhaps we should be more agressive when cleaning (and removing) the
>> directory when exiting Emacs.  Does anybody know why the file
>> <master>.prv/.../preview.ps is kept on exit?
>
> If it is, this is likely a bug.  The idea is complete cleanup unless
> errors occured.

Then this might be intentional, I'm not sure.  It happens only for
circ.tex in my case which contains two intentional errors.

When the buffer is closed, all overlays are processed and the associated
files are deleted by `preview-delete-file'.  A file is only deleted if
the caar of the `filename' overlay property is not a cons or if the
number in the cdr of the cons is 1.  (This is probably a reference
counter.)

Now if you examine the overlays in the circ.tex buffer and only look at
the ones with a cons as caar, then you get something like this (paths
truncated):

(((("/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh/preview.ps" . 3)
   "/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh" "/.../circ.prv" 3)
  ("/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh/pr2-1.png" "/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh"
   "/.../circ.prv" 3))
 ((("/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh/preview.ps" . 3)
   "/.../circ.prv/tmp19577gKh" "/.../circ.prv" 3)
(Continue reading)

Leo | 17 Mar 14:06 2009
Face
Picon

Abbrev integration needs improvement

Hi there,

Abbrev mode has been seamlessly integrated into Emacs. In fact, any mode
defined with define-derived-mode will automatically have its own
abbrev-table in effect. The tex-mode.el which is bundled with Emacs
takes advantage of this. AUCTeX, on the other hand, does not (maybe
because the original tex-mode file that AUCTeX based on didn't have
that). In this respect AUCTeX is inferior to tex-mode.el.

At the moment most modes (which shadow modes from tex-mode.el) defined
in AUCTeX share abbrev tables with for example text mode and this is far
from optimal. It's a great loss of productivity. Although a user level
solution isn't difficult to find, I think it might be worthwhile letting
the developers know about this so that it can be resolved at the package
level.

Best wishes,
--

-- 
.: Leo :. [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ] .: I use Emacs :.
Ralf Angeli | 29 Mar 22:10 2009
Picon

Completion for key=value pairs

Hi,

with `multi-prompt-key-value' we now have a function which can be used
to prompt the user for key=value pairs with completion when inserting
LaTeX macros.  listings.el uses it already, so you should be able to
test it with a LaTeX file loading listings.sty.

Listings is more or less just a showcase.  The reason I implemented
`multi-prompt-key-value' is to use it in pstricks.el instead of the
current way pstricks.el tries to prompt for macro options.  I write
"tries to" because the prompting mechanism is broken and does not work
most of the time.  Anyway, I think a completion mechanism as provided by
`multi-prompt-key-value' would be more natural and fit better into
AUCTeX than prompting for every option separately.

Please check it out with the listings example and let me know what you
think.  If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and adapt pstricks.el
to use this mechanism as well.

--

-- 
Ralf
Holger Sparr | 30 Mar 23:07 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: Completion for key=value pairs


Ralf Angeli wrote:

> with `multi-prompt-key-value' we now have a function which can be used
> to prompt the user for key=value pairs with completion when inserting
> LaTeX macros.  listings.el uses it already, so you should be able to
> test it with a LaTeX file loading listings.sty.

Looks good to me. 

> Listings is more or less just a showcase.  The reason I implemented
> `multi-prompt-key-value' is to use it in pstricks.el instead of the
> current way pstricks.el tries to prompt for macro options.  I write
> "tries to" because the prompting mechanism is broken and does not work
> most of the time.

I have not used myself pstricks.el for while. Just recently I noticed
that in emacs-23 a:

        (require 'cmr)

was necessary to insert to make it work again.

I thought when looking at the source again, it was way to complicated.

> Anyway, I think a completion mechanism as provided by
> `multi-prompt-key-value' would be more natural and fit better into
> AUCTeX than prompting for every option separately.

Of course. 
(Continue reading)


Gmane