David Kastrup | 1 Oct 21:55 2005
Picon
Picon

Oops, the promised non-working patch:

Attachment: text/x-patch, 586 bytes

--

-- 
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum
UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
_______________________________________________
auctex-devel mailing list
auctex-devel <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex-devel
David Kastrup | 1 Oct 21:54 2005
Picon
Picon

TeX-source-specials-mode


Hi,

the AUCTeX manual recommends using
(TeX-source-specials-mode 1)
since this is a global mode.

However, I think we'd need something like the following patch to make
this work.  Unfortunately, this references even more stuff that is
undefined, so it does not work this way, and it probably also depends
on the Emacs generating the autoloads what will end up in auctex.el.

Does anybody have a good idea what to recommend to people that could
actually do the trick without loading AUCTeX?

If not, then we probably just have to do
;;;###autoload (autoload 'TeX-source-specials-mode "tex.el")

or something.

--

-- 
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum
UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>
David Ronis | 2 Oct 02:25 2005
Picon

make install problem with auctex-11.81

Hi

I've just installed the latest auctex/preview, after removing the old
versions.  Seems that make install doesn't copy the preview/images to
site-list/preview and I had to to it manually.  Once done, it worked as
expected.

David
Ralf Angeli | 2 Oct 11:12 2005
Picon

Re: auctex.spec: auctex.el/preview-latex.el vs. suse-start-*.el

* Reiner Steib (2005-09-28) writes:

> On Tue, Sep 27 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:
>
>> Is it intended, that `auctex.el' is installed as
>> `suse-start-auctex.el' (ditto for preview-latex)?
>
> The disadvantage of this is that the docs (see "grep -nH -e auctex.el
> doc/*.texi") refer to `auctex.el'.

If this is the only problem I think we can keep it the way it is.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 2 Oct 16:05 2005
Face
Picon

Updates

Some updates were checked in today.  Major ones include:

* Christian's change related to BibTeX error parsing.

* texmathp is now aware of commented environments.

* Comment starters in verbatim constructs should be handled correctly
  now during filling.

* Environment insertion in LaTeX mode was mostly rewritten and should
  handly macrocode environments better now.

Please keep an eye on bugs and report them as you find them.

--

-- 
Ralf
Ralf Angeli | 2 Oct 16:23 2005
Picon

Re: make install problem with auctex-11.81

* David Ronis (2005-10-02) writes:

> I've just installed the latest auctex/preview, after removing the old
> versions.  Seems that make install doesn't copy the preview/images to
> site-list/preview and I had to to it manually.  Once done, it worked as
> expected.

Images are now installed in the auctex/images directory.
preview-latex finds them by looking into the "images" directory below
the directory specified by the variable `preview-datadir'.  The value
of the variable is determined and written into preview-latex.el during
build time.  What is the output of `C-h v preview-datadir RET' in your
case after loading a LaTeX file?

--

-- 
Ralf
David Ronis | 2 Oct 18:11 2005
Picon

Re: make install problem with auctex-11.81

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 16:23 +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
> * David Ronis (2005-10-02) writes:
> 
> > I've just installed the latest auctex/preview, after removing the old
> > versions.  Seems that make install doesn't copy the preview/images to
> > site-list/preview and I had to to it manually.  Once done, it worked as
> > expected.
> 
> Images are now installed in the auctex/images directory.
> preview-latex finds them by looking into the "images" directory below
> the directory specified by the variable `preview-datadir'.  The value
> of the variable is determined and written into preview-latex.el during
> build time.  What is the output of `C-h v preview-datadir RET' in your
> case after loading a LaTeX file?

Thanks for the reply.  The preview-datadir is:

preview-datadir's value is 
"/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview/"

In addition there is is an auctex/images directory.

David

> 
Ralf Angeli | 3 Oct 13:13 2005
Picon

Re: make install problem with auctex-11.81

* David Ronis (2005-10-02) writes:

> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 16:23 +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> 
>> Images are now installed in the auctex/images directory.
>> preview-latex finds them by looking into the "images" directory below
>> the directory specified by the variable `preview-datadir'.  The value
>> of the variable is determined and written into preview-latex.el during
>> build time.  What is the output of `C-h v preview-datadir RET' in your
>> case after loading a LaTeX file?
>
> Thanks for the reply.  The preview-datadir is:
>
> preview-datadir's value is 
> "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview/"
>
> In addition there is is an auctex/images directory.

Hm, strange.  Did you pass special options to the configure script?

What's the value of `preview-datadir' at the end of preview-latex.el?
In my case it is
 (defvar preview-datadir (expand-file-name "auctex" (file-name-directory load-file-name)))

What are the values of `lisppackagedatadir' and `packagedatadir' in
the file preview/config.log in the build directory?  In my case those
are
lisppackagedatadir='(expand-file-name "auctex" (file-name-directory load-file-name))'
[...]
packagedatadir='${datadir}/emacs/site-lisp/auctex'

I hope with this somebody else can analyze what's happening.  I am
currently a bit stumped because I don't know how `lisppackagedatadir'
is actually created.

--

-- 
Ralf
Carsten.Binnenhei | 4 Oct 18:02 2005
Picon

Missing .elc files

Hi,

I am trying to install Emacs 22.0.50.1 together with AUCTeX 11.81 under Win NT. The first steps of AUCTeX installation ("configure" and "make") seem to run correctly. But the final step ("make install") fails with error msg:

"cannot stat `tex.elc': No such file or directory",

and the same msg pops up for the following .elc files:

tex-buf.elc
latex.elc
tex-info.elc
font-latex.elc
context.elc
context-en.elc
context-nl.elc
tex-fold.elc
tex-bar.elc
bib-cite.elc
prosper.elc
foils.elc
letter.elc
epsf.elc
psfig.elc
dinbrief.elc
graphicx.elc
emp.elc
beamer.elc
tex-jp.elc

Do you have a hint how to handle this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Carsten Binnenhei

Frankfurt/Germany

_______________________________________________
auctex-devel mailing list
auctex-devel <at> gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/auctex-devel
David Kastrup | 5 Oct 00:57 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: Missing .elc files

<Carsten.Binnenhei <at> dekabank.de> writes:

> I am trying to install Emacs 22.0.50.1 together with AUCTeX 11.81
> under Win NT.  The first steps of AUCTeX installation ("configure"
> and "make") seem to run correctly. But the final step ("make
> install") fails with error msg:
>
> "cannot stat `tex.elc': No such file or directory",
>
> and the same msg pops up for the following .elc files:

[...]

> Do you have a hint how to handle this problem?

Those should have been produced by running "make".  So something seems
to have gone wrong earlier.  Could you perhaps record the output of
configure and make and post it here?

--

-- 
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

Gmane