Job Announcement: Team Lead - USAID Document Repository (Washington DC)
LAC is seeking a Team Lead - USAID Document Repository to join a contract supporting USAID's Development
Experience Clearinghouse (DEC). The DEC is USAID's main repository of reports, studies, policy
documents and other products of the Agency's development projects. The records represent USAID's vast
development experience, and are a vital element of the Agency's knowledge management program. USAID is
expanding the DEC's holdings, adding new social media tools and making the collection more accessible
and useful to the Agency's staff, its development partners and the general public.
The DEC Team Lead will oversee a team of 12 who are responsible for expanding the contents of the DEC to meet
the information needs of USAID and the continued evolution of the DEC software platform to support new
types of data and social media tools. In addition, the Team Lead will engage in strategic communications
to share the value of the DEC and conduct needs assessments to refine its use.
* Leadership to plan and implement high quality projects on schedule and within budget.
* Manage tasks, scope, and requirements to meet agreed-upon schedules.
* Strategic communications to ensure activities are aligned with the organizations direction, to
maintain effective relationships across stakeholders and to market DEC resources.
* Oversight for all system deliverables, adherence to methodology, risk management, and reporting.
* Evaluate new tools and technologies for possible inclusion in the DEC.
* Conduct needs assessments to refine uses of the DEC.
* Coordinate with other operating units and vendors to carry out project plans and achieve defined milestones.
* Master's Degree in information systems, library systems or related degree.
* Five or more years of experience in information systems, content management or document management.
* Two or more years experience in a project leadership role.
* Detailed understanding of project management methodologies, system development lifecycle best
practices and risk management concepts.