Srikanth Madduri | 3 Jun 05:35 2005
Picon

(GRE Success! ) GRE score 1370.need help in applying.please.urgent

hi friends,
>
> I am srikanth madduri. i am a new to this group.
>
> My GRE was on JUNE 1ST. I scored of 1370 ( V 570 and Q
> 800). can all of you tell me to which universities can
> i apply.i want to apply for spring 2006.
> please suggest me some good universities based on my
> profile.
>
>  here is my profile
>
>
> GRE ---- 1370 ( V 570 & Q 800 )
>  TOEFL --- 253
>  B.Tech. (CSE) -- SreeNidhi Institute of Science and
>      Technology ( Affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad)
>  B.Tech, ( Aggregate) --- 74%(till 7th sem. expecting
> it to be 75% overall)
>  Co Curricular activities --
>
>  1) won 2nd prize in the National Level C Programming
> contest conducted by the IEEE students chapter of
> SNIST in Feb-2004.
>
> 2) Presented various papers at the inter college level
> on Cryptography. Though i havent won any prizes, all
> my papers caught attention of my professors who were
> impressed by my work. all those professors are giving
> me the Recos.
(Continue reading)

Sri Harsha | 3 Jun 16:43 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) GRE score 1370.need help in applying.please.urgent

You need not go to any consultancy for your profile. Add Stony brook University to ur list. Definitely u may not expect any aid in first se., but getting it might not be imposssible. Students in CS here rely more on the internships they do in summer, rather than aid. Interns pay a lot and u can cover tuition urself! That intern, wud convert to a full time job in the future, provided you are in pace with ur acads. and work.
 
But it is competitive to get an intern as there r many CS students everywhere. Stony Brook is good for placements for CS.
 
Good luck,
Sri Harsha

Srikanth Madduri <srikkanth_m-/E1597aS9LQxFYw1CcD5bw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
hi friends,
>
> I am srikanth madduri. i am a new to this group.
>
> My GRE was on JUNE 1ST. I scored of 1370 ( V 570 and Q
> 800). can all of you tell me to which universities can
> i apply.i want to apply for spring 2006.
> please suggest me some good universities based on my
> profile.
>
>  here is my profile
>
>
> GRE ---- 1370 ( V 570 & Q 800 )
>  TOEFL --- 253
>  B.Tech. (CSE) -- SreeNidhi Institute of Science and
>      Technology ( Affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad)
>  B.Tech, ( Aggregate) --- 74%(till 7th sem. expecting
> it to be 75% overall)
>  Co Curricular activities --
>
>  1) won 2nd prize in the National Level C Programming
> contest conducted by the IEEE students chapter of
> SNIST in Feb-2004.
>
> 2) Presented various papers at the inter college level
> on Cryptography. Though i havent won any prizes, all
> my papers caught attention of my professors who were
> impressed by my work. all those professors are giving
> me the Recos.
>
> 3) Done many mini projects in C,C++, JAVA
>
> 4) My final year project is based on SMS(Short Message
> Service). I did that for the High Court of Andhra
> Pradesh ( Dept. of Law Ministry, Govt. of India). It
> is Live project and the High Court of AP is currently
> using that project.
>
> 5) My engineering college is the first college in AP
> to get an accreditation by the NBA( National Borad of
> Accreditation) committe of the AICTE.
>
> extra curricular activities----
>
> 1) I was inst rumental in organizing a tour of kerala
> for 10days for 75 people. This shows my Manegerial
> skills.
>
> 2) Member of the Organizing committe of various
> cultural events that took place in our college.
>
>  Friends, now that you have my profile please suggest
> me some good universities. I want to do my MS in
> Computer Networks.
> I have decided some colleges, they are...........
>
> 1)Virginia Tech.(VT)
> 2)Univ. of Texas at Dallas(UTD)
> 3)Texas A&M ,College Station(TAMU)
> 4)Arizona State Univ.(ASU)
>
> Please suggest me more universities so that i will get
> atleast 2 or 3 I20s for spring 2006. i want to apply
> for total 10 universities. heard that spring
> admissions are very low. so i want to apply for more
> number of universities. I AM NOT EXPECTING ANY AID OR
> WAIVERS OR TA OR RA FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER. BUT I NEED
& gt; THEM FROM THE SECOND SEMESTER. please keep this point
> in mind while suggesting me the universities. please
> analyze all the chances of assistantships for the
> univ. which i have decided and for those u suggest.
> please dont feel that this is an onerous task.i dont
> want to go through any consultancy. so i am seeking
> your help.
>
>  HOPE YOU GUIDE ME PROPERLY
>
>  thanks in advance
>  srikanth madduri.




Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm

karthik_griet | 8 Jun 07:34 2005
Picon

(GRE Success! ) help reqd

hai,
        iam going to give my GRE on july 7th. plz help regarding the 
us universities.list out the sites that provide information regarding 
universities.  plz

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/i8TXDC/5WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ramakrishnan Jayavelu | 8 Jun 15:12 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) help reqd

hi,
      The good site to find universities state by state or department wise is www.univsource.com .
 
bye,
ram.

 
On 6/8/05, karthik_griet <karthik_griet-/E1597aS9LQxFYw1CcD5bw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
hai,
        iam going to give my GRE on july 7th. plz help regarding the
us universities.list out the sites that provide information regarding
universities.  plz




Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm


Yahoo! Groups Links



--
Regards,
Ramakrishnan Jayavelu

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm

Yamanoor Srihari | 12 Jun 03:47 2005
Picon

(GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa


--- Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...> wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:16:36 +0530
> From: Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...>
> To: Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...>
> Subject: GOT my visa
> 
> Yamanoor,
> Please pass on this message to gresuccess. I got a
> bounce from the group.
> 
> Hi gresuccess,
> 
> I had my visa interview on june 11th morning
> (8:00AM) at chennai
> consulate. The interview was pretty cool with all
> stereotype
> questions. Anyway, I am narrating the experience for
> the benefit of
> all.
> 
> VO: Good morning.
> me: Good morning officer. How are u?
> VO: Fine thank you.Lets start with the finger
> prints. Please place
> your left index finger.
>  (At this point, I forgot which my index finger is
> :-). I really
> thought I lost my visa.)
> me: Placed almost all the fingers over there, at
> which point she
> showed me the index finger.
>  For the benefit of people like me, index finger is
> the one next to
> the thumb :-) :-)
> VO: So you are heading to syracuse for a PhD. good!.
> Why syracuse?
> me: 2 reasons: number 1: I specialize in computer
> security and
> syracuse is one among the 11 institutions identified
> by NSA as centres
> for excellence in security education.
> number 2: The department has a .... ( she
> interrupted me..)
> VO: What would you do after your education, in case 
> get visa.
> me: My father runs an institution. I am expected to
> be back to work with him.
> VO: Oh! How many years is your father running that
> business?
> me: 15 years.
> VO: How many people work with him?
> me: 60 people.
> VO: Oh! good. ( This alone seems to have worked the
> show for me :-) )
> VO: Do you have any documents to show me that you
> have the financial
> support for the education.
> me: I was giving her the CA statement and telling
> her orally: " My
> parents generate a revenue of ............" My
> father is a professor
> and mother is a hotelier.
> VO: ( verified the first page containing the summary
> of my assets.
> Didnt ask anything and gave it back. ) Tell me the
> name of the
> business that your father runs.
> me: told her.
> VO: .. and your mother is a hotelier.
> me: yes. ( she was typing all that stuff).
> VO: You visa is approved. Your passport will reach
> you in 2 days.
> 
> Some learning I want to pass on:
> 1) No specific financial documents are prescribed by
> the consulate. So
> dont get carried away by what the consultant says. I
> didnt go to any
> consultant. Prepare a good CA statement that
> summarizes you liquid,
> immovable and movable assets to the precise
> proportion you want. In
> cities like chennai and bangalore, the CA charges
> hefty fees and in
> most cases the CA's are running a consultancy for
> this purpose. My
> hometown is madurai. I had to go to a CA in my
> hometown. The CA gave
> format and asked me to fill in. I modified it a
> little and gave it to
> my father. My father cooked it fully :-). The CA
> charged 500Rs /- for
> the signature.
> 
> 2) You dont have to get engineer valuation for your
> immovable
> property. In my home town, the engineer charges 1%
> of the total value.
> THis is really huge. My CA told he can certify the
> value as per market
> rate. I took only that. Also, consulate does not
> want to see the
> engineer valuation.
> 
> 3) Please dont take your parents to the consulate.
> This is my humble
> request. I saw all of them waiting anxiously outside
> the consulate
> standing in the hot sun. It was very bad scene. It
> was even more
> humiliating to see the security guards drive them
> off when they try to
> come near their wards.
> 
> --
> Warm regards
> Karthick Jayaraman
> -- 
> Warm regards
> Karthick Jayaraman
> 
> You must do the things you think you cannot do.
> Eleanor Roosevelt
> 

http://www.yamanoor.com 

test'; " type=text/css>

		
__________________________________ 
Discover Yahoo! 
Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! 
http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn. 
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LZzaMD/_WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yamanoor Srihari | 12 Jun 03:50 2005
Picon

(GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa


--- Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...> wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:16:36 +0530
> From: Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...>
> To: Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...>
> Subject: GOT my visa
> 
> Yamanoor,
> Please pass on this message to gresuccess. I got a
> bounce from the group.
> 
> Hi gresuccess,
> 
> I had my visa interview on june 11th morning
> (8:00AM) at chennai
> consulate. The interview was pretty cool with all
> stereotype
> questions. Anyway, I am narrating the experience for
> the benefit of
> all.
> 
> VO: Good morning.
> me: Good morning officer. How are u?
> VO: Fine thank you.Lets start with the finger
> prints. Please place
> your left index finger.
>  (At this point, I forgot which my index finger is
> :-). I really
> thought I lost my visa.)
> me: Placed almost all the fingers over there, at
> which point she
> showed me the index finger.
>  For the benefit of people like me, index finger is
> the one next to
> the thumb :-) :-)
> VO: So you are heading to syracuse for a PhD. good!.
> Why syracuse?
> me: 2 reasons: number 1: I specialize in computer
> security and
> syracuse is one among the 11 institutions identified
> by NSA as centres
> for excellence in security education.
> number 2: The department has a .... ( she
> interrupted me..)
> VO: What would you do after your education, in case 
> get visa.
> me: My father runs an institution. I am expected to
> be back to work with him.
> VO: Oh! How many years is your father running that
> business?
> me: 15 years.
> VO: How many people work with him?
> me: 60 people.
> VO: Oh! good. ( This alone seems to have worked the
> show for me :-) )
> VO: Do you have any documents to show me that you
> have the financial
> support for the education.
> me: I was giving her the CA statement and telling
> her orally: " My
> parents generate a revenue of ............" My
> father is a professor
> and mother is a hotelier.
> VO: ( verified the first page containing the summary
> of my assets.
> Didnt ask anything and gave it back. ) Tell me the
> name of the
> business that your father runs.
> me: told her.
> VO: .. and your mother is a hotelier.
> me: yes. ( she was typing all that stuff).
> VO: You visa is approved. Your passport will reach
> you in 2 days.
> 
> Some learning I want to pass on:
> 1) No specific financial documents are prescribed by
> the consulate. So
> dont get carried away by what the consultant says. I
> didnt go to any
> consultant. Prepare a good CA statement that
> summarizes you liquid,
> immovable and movable assets to the precise
> proportion you want. In
> cities like chennai and bangalore, the CA charges
> hefty fees and in
> most cases the CA's are running a consultancy for
> this purpose. My
> hometown is madurai. I had to go to a CA in my
> hometown. The CA gave
> format and asked me to fill in. I modified it a
> little and gave it to
> my father. My father cooked it fully :-). The CA
> charged 500Rs /- for
> the signature.
> 
> 2) You dont have to get engineer valuation for your
> immovable
> property. In my home town, the engineer charges 1%
> of the total value.
> THis is really huge. My CA told he can certify the
> value as per market
> rate. I took only that. Also, consulate does not
> want to see the
> engineer valuation.
> 
> 3) Please dont take your parents to the consulate.
> This is my humble
> request. I saw all of them waiting anxiously outside
> the consulate
> standing in the hot sun. It was very bad scene. It
> was even more
> humiliating to see the security guards drive them
> off when they try to
> come near their wards.
> 
> --
> Warm regards
> Karthick Jayaraman
> -- 
> Warm regards
> Karthick Jayaraman
> 
> You must do the things you think you cannot do.
> Eleanor Roosevelt
> 

http://www.yamanoor.com 

test'; " type=text/css>

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn. 
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LZzaMD/_WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Sri Harsha | 12 Jun 04:40 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa

Thats a great news Karthick. Congrats!

Hope you would excel in grad. studies too. Try
spending as much time with your family and have nice
delicacies from now itself ;).

-Sri Harsha

--- Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...> wrote:

> 
> 
> --- Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...> wrote:
> 
> > Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:16:36 +0530
> > From: Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...>
> > To: Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...>
> > Subject: GOT my visa
> > 
> > Yamanoor,
> > Please pass on this message to gresuccess. I got a
> > bounce from the group.
> > 
> > Hi gresuccess,
> > 
> > I had my visa interview on june 11th morning
> > (8:00AM) at chennai
> > consulate. The interview was pretty cool with all
> > stereotype
> > questions. Anyway, I am narrating the experience
> for
> > the benefit of
> > all.
> > 
> > VO: Good morning.
> > me: Good morning officer. How are u?
> > VO: Fine thank you.Lets start with the finger
> > prints. Please place
> > your left index finger.
> >  (At this point, I forgot which my index finger is
> > :-). I really
> > thought I lost my visa.)
> > me: Placed almost all the fingers over there, at
> > which point she
> > showed me the index finger.
> >  For the benefit of people like me, index finger
> is
> > the one next to
> > the thumb :-) :-)
> > VO: So you are heading to syracuse for a PhD.
> good!.
> > Why syracuse?
> > me: 2 reasons: number 1: I specialize in computer
> > security and
> > syracuse is one among the 11 institutions
> identified
> > by NSA as centres
> > for excellence in security education.
> > number 2: The department has a .... ( she
> > interrupted me..)
> > VO: What would you do after your education, in
> case 
> > get visa.
> > me: My father runs an institution. I am expected
> to
> > be back to work with him.
> > VO: Oh! How many years is your father running that
> > business?
> > me: 15 years.
> > VO: How many people work with him?
> > me: 60 people.
> > VO: Oh! good. ( This alone seems to have worked
> the
> > show for me :-) )
> > VO: Do you have any documents to show me that you
> > have the financial
> > support for the education.
> > me: I was giving her the CA statement and telling
> > her orally: " My
> > parents generate a revenue of ............" My
> > father is a professor
> > and mother is a hotelier.
> > VO: ( verified the first page containing the
> summary
> > of my assets.
> > Didnt ask anything and gave it back. ) Tell me the
> > name of the
> > business that your father runs.
> > me: told her.
> > VO: .. and your mother is a hotelier.
> > me: yes. ( she was typing all that stuff).
> > VO: You visa is approved. Your passport will reach
> > you in 2 days.
> > 
> > Some learning I want to pass on:
> > 1) No specific financial documents are prescribed
> by
> > the consulate. So
> > dont get carried away by what the consultant says.
> I
> > didnt go to any
> > consultant. Prepare a good CA statement that
> > summarizes you liquid,
> > immovable and movable assets to the precise
> > proportion you want. In
> > cities like chennai and bangalore, the CA charges
> > hefty fees and in
> > most cases the CA's are running a consultancy for
> > this purpose. My
> > hometown is madurai. I had to go to a CA in my
> > hometown. The CA gave
> > format and asked me to fill in. I modified it a
> > little and gave it to
> > my father. My father cooked it fully :-). The CA
> > charged 500Rs /- for
> > the signature.
> > 
> > 2) You dont have to get engineer valuation for
> your
> > immovable
> > property. In my home town, the engineer charges 1%
> > of the total value.
> > THis is really huge. My CA told he can certify the
> > value as per market
> > rate. I took only that. Also, consulate does not
> > want to see the
> > engineer valuation.
> > 
> > 3) Please dont take your parents to the consulate.
> > This is my humble
> > request. I saw all of them waiting anxiously
> outside
> > the consulate
> > standing in the hot sun. It was very bad scene. It
> > was even more
> > humiliating to see the security guards drive them
> > off when they try to
> > come near their wards.
> > 
> > --
> > Warm regards
> > Karthick Jayaraman
> > -- 
> > Warm regards
> > Karthick Jayaraman
> > 
> > You must do the things you think you cannot do.
> > Eleanor Roosevelt
> > 
> 
> 
> http://www.yamanoor.com 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> test'; " type=text/css>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 		
> __________________________________ 
> Discover Yahoo! 
> Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and
> more. Check it out! 
> http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html
> 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give the gift of life to a sick child. 
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/h8TXDC/6WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Annie Manuja | 12 Jun 07:51 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa


Hi
CONGRATS.......finally ur hardwork did pay!
ALl the luck to u...and have fun till the time u fly
off to ur dream destination!!!!
Gudluck

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/i8TXDC/5WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ramakrishnan Jayavelu | 12 Jun 15:49 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa

Hi,
     Thats a great news. Congrats !!!. Hope your information would be very useful and all the best.
 
regards,
ram.

 
On 6/12/05, Annie Manuja <anniemanuja-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

Hi
CONGRATS.......finally ur hardwork did pay!
ALl the luck to u...and have fun till the time u fly
off to ur dream destination!!!!
Gudluck


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com


Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm


Yahoo! Groups Links



--
Regards,
Ramakrishnan Jayavelu

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.--
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm

srilatha pulipaka | 12 Jun 18:28 2005
Picon

Re: (GRE Success! ) Fwd: GOT my visa

hi karthick,
hearty congratulations ......
  now get on to do a lot of shopping and get ready to
land into the U S of A.....which just like a dream
come true.....
   congrats once again...

regards,
srilatha

--- Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...> wrote:

> 
> 
> --- Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...> wrote:
> 
> > Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:16:36 +0530
> > From: Karthick Jayaraman <karthick.j@...>
> > To: Yamanoor Srihari <yamanoor@...>
> > Subject: GOT my visa
> > 
> > Yamanoor,
> > Please pass on this message to gresuccess. I got a
> > bounce from the group.
> > 
> > Hi gresuccess,
> > 
> > I had my visa interview on june 11th morning
> > (8:00AM) at chennai
> > consulate. The interview was pretty cool with all
> > stereotype
> > questions. Anyway, I am narrating the experience
> for
> > the benefit of
> > all.
> > 
> > VO: Good morning.
> > me: Good morning officer. How are u?
> > VO: Fine thank you.Lets start with the finger
> > prints. Please place
> > your left index finger.
> >  (At this point, I forgot which my index finger is
> > :-). I really
> > thought I lost my visa.)
> > me: Placed almost all the fingers over there, at
> > which point she
> > showed me the index finger.
> >  For the benefit of people like me, index finger
> is
> > the one next to
> > the thumb :-) :-)
> > VO: So you are heading to syracuse for a PhD.
> good!.
> > Why syracuse?
> > me: 2 reasons: number 1: I specialize in computer
> > security and
> > syracuse is one among the 11 institutions
> identified
> > by NSA as centres
> > for excellence in security education.
> > number 2: The department has a .... ( she
> > interrupted me..)
> > VO: What would you do after your education, in
> case 
> > get visa.
> > me: My father runs an institution. I am expected
> to
> > be back to work with him.
> > VO: Oh! How many years is your father running that
> > business?
> > me: 15 years.
> > VO: How many people work with him?
> > me: 60 people.
> > VO: Oh! good. ( This alone seems to have worked
> the
> > show for me :-) )
> > VO: Do you have any documents to show me that you
> > have the financial
> > support for the education.
> > me: I was giving her the CA statement and telling
> > her orally: " My
> > parents generate a revenue of ............" My
> > father is a professor
> > and mother is a hotelier.
> > VO: ( verified the first page containing the
> summary
> > of my assets.
> > Didnt ask anything and gave it back. ) Tell me the
> > name of the
> > business that your father runs.
> > me: told her.
> > VO: .. and your mother is a hotelier.
> > me: yes. ( she was typing all that stuff).
> > VO: You visa is approved. Your passport will reach
> > you in 2 days.
> > 
> > Some learning I want to pass on:
> > 1) No specific financial documents are prescribed
> by
> > the consulate. So
> > dont get carried away by what the consultant says.
> I
> > didnt go to any
> > consultant. Prepare a good CA statement that
> > summarizes you liquid,
> > immovable and movable assets to the precise
> > proportion you want. In
> > cities like chennai and bangalore, the CA charges
> > hefty fees and in
> > most cases the CA's are running a consultancy for
> > this purpose. My
> > hometown is madurai. I had to go to a CA in my
> > hometown. The CA gave
> > format and asked me to fill in. I modified it a
> > little and gave it to
> > my father. My father cooked it fully :-). The CA
> > charged 500Rs /- for
> > the signature.
> > 
> > 2) You dont have to get engineer valuation for
> your
> > immovable
> > property. In my home town, the engineer charges 1%
> > of the total value.
> > THis is really huge. My CA told he can certify the
> > value as per market
> > rate. I took only that. Also, consulate does not
> > want to see the
> > engineer valuation.
> > 
> > 3) Please dont take your parents to the consulate.
> > This is my humble
> > request. I saw all of them waiting anxiously
> outside
> > the consulate
> > standing in the hot sun. It was very bad scene. It
> > was even more
> > humiliating to see the security guards drive them
> > off when they try to
> > come near their wards.
> > 
> > --
> > Warm regards
> > Karthick Jayaraman
> > -- 
> > Warm regards
> > Karthick Jayaraman
> > 
> > You must do the things you think you cannot do.
> > Eleanor Roosevelt
> > 
> 
> 
> http://www.yamanoor.com 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> test'; " type=text/css>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 		
> __________________________________ 
> Discover Yahoo! 
> Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and
> more. Check it out! 
> http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html
> 

 satyameva jayate 

		
__________________________________ 
Discover Yahoo! 
Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! 
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Give the gift of life to a sick child. 
Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/h8TXDC/6WnJAA/HwKMAA/cPNplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Thanks! for being a part of gre-success. Please spread the message.-- 
Yamanoor Srihari
http://www.yamanoor.com/gre/1.htm 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gre-success/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    gre-success-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Gmane