Leo Freitas | 1 Jul 07:48 2005
Picon

Ghostview ps2pdf problem.

Hi,

I am trying to execute ps2pdf with winedt and a dialog box saying "Error
starting gswin32c.exe" keeps appearing.
I followed the instructions and looked at the diagnoses wizard that says
it cannot find the executable file.
Both winedt and windows paths do contain the \bin directory for
gswin32c.exe.....
I also tried changing the Startup.edt with the following lines:

//Assign("GS-Bin","% <at> ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE','SOFTWARE','AFPL
Ghostscript','%$(|GS-Version|)','GS_DLL');");
  Assign('GS-Bin', '"C:\Program
Files\Ghostgum\gs\gs7.04\bin\gswin32c.exe"');
  Assign("GS-Lib","% <at> ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE','SOFTWARE','AFPL
Ghostscript','%$(|GS-Version|)','GS_LIB');");
  IfStr("%$('GS-Bin')",'','=',>
    !|Assign("GS-Bin","% <at> ('HKEY_CURRENT_USER','SOFTWARE','AFPL
Ghostscript','%$(''GS-Version'')','GS_DLL');");|);
  IfStr("%$('GS-Lib')",'','=',>
    !|Assign("GS-Lib","% <at> ('HKEY_CURRENT_USER','SOFTWARE','AFPL
Ghostscript','%$(''GS-Version'')','GS_LIB');");|);
  GetFilePath("%$('GS-Bin')", 0);
  //Assign("GS-Bin","%!0");
  Prompt("%$('GS-Bin')");
  Prompt("%$('GS-Lib')");

After restarting WinEdt the first prompt returns exactly: C:\Program
Files\Ghostgum\gs\gs7.04\bin\gswin32c.exe
If I open a DOS command line and execute "gswin32c" it starts gswin32...
(Continue reading)

Georges Schmitz | 1 Jul 12:21 2005
Picon

Re: RegEx: normalizing text ...

WinEdt Team wrote:

 >> (A)
 >>     { <at> > <at> { }}| <at> {(}| <at> {)}|{\+}|{\?}| <at> {$[#42]$}|{\#PCDATA}
 >>
 >> This one only finds the first group of whitespaces, after that, the
 >> cursor doesn't move forward. I'm surely missing something
 >> elementary, but I have no clue, some advice please!
 >
 >  + Matches one or more occurrences of the next expression.
 >   <at>  Matches any number of occurrences of the next expression 
(including none).
 >
 > Using  <at>  as in your example makes an empty string a match. You should
 > use something like:
 >
 >   {+>}|+{ }|+{(}|+{)}|{\+}|{\?}|+{\*}|{#PCDATA}

So, it was _nearly_ correct, except that I started using " <at> "
consequently in the wrong way - and I wasn't aware of it.

 >  <at>  expressions must be followed by something non-trivial otherwise an
 > empty string is a legitimate match and that's why the cursor does
 > not move...

Yes, I remember, now that you point it out ...

 > Try this one (it does what you want including sorting):
 >
 > LetReg(0,"(#PCDATA|title?,  ((formalpara|para*|simpara|list|note)+)");
(Continue reading)

Chris Bourke | 1 Jul 19:03 2005

Re: ANN: 5.4 official release (Build 20050629) available


> report. And if there is something missing that you would like to
> see in WinEdt 5.5 you should consider casting (not "casing"!!) a
> vote at www.winedt.org

Shouldn't this be updated?  Better Documentation and unicode support are
already features, aren't they?

Note to Alex: I'm still very much anticipating the ability to have
wrapping specifications tied to latex environments (i.e. no wrapping in
verbatim while the rest of the document has soft wrapping).

WinEdt Team | 1 Jul 21:29 2005

Re: Ghostview ps2pdf problem.

> After restarting WinEdt the first prompt returns exactly: C:\Program
> Files\Ghostgum\gs\gs7.04\bin\gswin32c.exe If I open a DOS command
> line and execute "gswin32c" it starts gswin32... Still, when I click
> ps2pdf, WindEdt keeps complaining it cannot find the Exe... Any clue
> to what am I missing ?
>
> I went to the ps2pdf.edt macro and changed the "WinExec" command
> directly to include the full path and it worked. Is that ok?

That's fine. If you have 5.4 you could specify the full executable
in the Execution Modes Interface (without having to modify the
macro).

As for the rest, I have no idea why Windows would not find
gswin32c.exe if its folder is properly included in the PATH
variable. WinEdt does not do anything custom (it does not try to
find the executable itself) and it leaves it to system functions to
do the job. I never had any such problem on any of my machines...

Best regards,

alex

Raistlin Magere | 2 Jul 16:30 2005
Picon

Problem with RegEx search and replace

[using v5.4b20050513]

Hi,

in my thesis I have got several labels and references of the format
{description:xxx} where xxx can be cha, sec, itm etc. while the
description can be Something, SOMETHING, Some Thing 1, Some-Thing,
Something's Alive

Now I decided I would like to change all of my references to the
format {xxx:description} so I am using the following replace method:

Search for: \(0+$Alpha+Numeric+[" "]+["-"]+["'"]$\):\(1$Alpha$$Alpha$$Alpha$\)
Replace wtih: \1:\0

the search string cannot be \{\(0*\):\(1*\)\} because that finds as a
match within the string "\chapter{something}\label{something:cha}"
"{something}\label{something:cha}" and not only {something:cha}

Anyway the problem is that it seems to overall work but when I run it
on my files (slightly less than 500 strings in 35 files) it just eats
letters at times.
By this I mean that most of the conversions are right but now and
again what was:
"Something Else Is Good:cha" becomes "cha:Something lse Is Good" or
"cha:Something Else s Good".

I have tried the search and replace both with enabled and disabled
"optimize regex" and I have tried making a minimal example but unless
dealing with big numbers I haven't been able to reproduce this error.
(Continue reading)

RS | 2 Jul 18:49 2005
Picon
Picon

project problem

Hi Alex,

there seems to be a problem with projects management. Scenario:

* open a project other than WinEdt.prj (let's call it project.prj)
* close WinEdt
* open WinEdt again
* the files opened from project.prj will be restored but WinEdt now 
calls the project WinEdt.prj, and will overwrite this file, not 
project.prj. Also, project.prj will be removed from the list of recent 
projects.

This does not happen with all my projects. But with those projects where 
it does happen it's completely reproducible. This is new in 20050629.

Best regards,
Robert.

WinEdt Team | 2 Jul 19:22 2005

Re: project problem

> there seems to be a problem with projects management. Scenario:
>
> * open a project other than WinEdt.prj (let's call it project.prj)
> * close WinEdt
> * open WinEdt again
> * the files opened from project.prj will be restored but WinEdt now
> calls the project WinEdt.prj, and will overwrite this file, not
> project.prj. Also, project.prj will be removed from the list of
> recent projects.
>
> This does not happen with all my projects. But with those projects
> where it does happen it's completely reproducible. This is new in
> 20050629.

Open WinShell\Profiles Create User Profile.edt.

The following line is the cause of the problem:

      SetIniData('%!3',1);>

For the time being change this to

      SetIniData('%!3',0);>

I have already fixed this and another problem related with the new
transparent profile creation and propagation of the registration
data on networks or multi-user installations. The change was
supposed to be for the better and WinEdt no longer has to be
restarted after the profile has been created but I overlooked a few
things (like non-default project). Fix will be uploaded within days
(Continue reading)

WinEdt Team | 2 Jul 23:37 2005

Re: Problem with RegEx search and replace

> [using v5.4b20050513]
>
> in my thesis I have got several labels and references of the format
> {xxx:description} where xxx can be cha, sec, itm etc. while the
> description can be Something, SOMETHING, Some Thing 1, Some-Thing,
> Something's Alive
>
> Now I decided I would like to change all of my references to the
> format {xxx:description} so I am using the following replace method:
>
> Search for: \(0+$Alpha+Numeric+[" 
> "]+["-"]+["'"]$\):\(1$Alpha$$Alpha$$Alpha$\)
> Replace wtih: \1:\0
>
> the search string cannot be \{\(0*\):\(1*\)\} because that finds as a
> match within the string "\chapter{something}\label{something:cha}"
> "{something}\label{something:cha}" and not only {something:cha}
>
> Anyway the problem is that it seems to overall work but when I run it
> on my files (slightly less than 500 strings in 35 files) it just eats
> letters at times.
> By this I mean that most of the conversions are right but now and
> again what was:
> "Something Else Is Good:cha" becomes "cha:Something lse Is Good" or
> "cha:Something Else s Good".
>
> I have tried the search and replace both with enabled and disabled
> "optimize regex" and I have tried making a minimal example but unless
> dealing with big numbers I haven't been able to reproduce this error.
>
(Continue reading)

Daniele Giorgio Degiorgi | 3 Jul 00:39 2005
Picon

Performance problem with search and replace

I have a file with 54863 lines like the following

29.06.2005  15:14             4'418 cmcss10-001-001.tmf

All lines have exactly the same blank structure (and slightly different
values for non blanks). The file is ca. 3M long.   

Replacing two blanks with one it eventually writes that he did 384041
replacements, but this only after 4 minutes and 10 seconds CPU on a Pentium
4 with 3.06GHz (XP Professional SP2). This makes 160 changes per second or
19125000 cycles per change and this is on my opinion very inefficient.

Settings: Nowrap

Search/replace settings: Inline expression only / Respect capitalization /
Prompt on replace

And selecting Replace All with at first prompt.

Note that undoing is immediate.

Note also that removing all settings it take the same time.

I made the above measurements with official 5.4  Build: 20050629, but I
could observe similar problems with previous Builds/versions.

One time I even needed to kill WinEdt with Task Manager. 
May be that a stop possibility in such cases could be an alternative to a
kill.   

(Continue reading)

Raistlin Magere | 3 Jul 01:53 2005
Picon

Re: Problem with RegEx search and replace

On 02/07/05, WinEdt Team <support <at> winedt.com> wrote:
[changed order of answers]
> 
> I am assuming that you are replacing with scope set to "all Opened
> Documents". Correct?

Yes, sorry for not mentioning it.

> 
> If so does this happen with the first instance in a file?

It doesn't look like it, but all the first instances within my files
happen to be on short lines

> 
> If so, do you have any custom MDI Activate event handler?
No, I don't have any custom event handler

> Does it have anything to do with line being softly wrapped at that
> point or any other pattern that you can observe?
> 
Yes I am using soft wrapping and, until your mentioning about the
beginning of softly wrapped lines I had noticed no patterns

> ps. Also does searching for the expression below make any difference:
>  Search for: \{\(0+$Alpha+Numeric+["
> "]+["-"]+["'"]$\):\(1$Alpha$$Alpha$$Alpha$\)\}
>  Replace wtih: \{\1:\0\}
It makes no difference (actually I had already tried that search and
other searches including label or ref to further constrain the search
(Continue reading)


Gmane