NEW - WinEdt contribution: RManager
Karl Koeller <karlkoeller <at> googlemail.com>
2015-06-24 15:58:52 GMT
Gilbert Ritschard and I have implemented a new package for R users
named RManager, which has support for R interaction, Sweave and
knitr and will be the successor of R-Sweave.
R-Sweave is unmaintained from now on.
If you want to try RManager, you must have the latest WinEdt build
Also, for full functionality of the package, the following R
libraries must be installed in your R system:
- patchDVI (at least version 1.9.1616)
If you want to try it and have R-Sweave installed, first uninstall
this one through the macro %b\Uninstall\R-Sweave\Uninstall.edt,
then install Rmanager through its Install.edt macro.
After the installation is complete, it is recommended to carefully
read the file Readme.txt that comes with the package for
recommended post-install actions.
- RManager is able to retrieve the last installed version of R, and
choose the 64-bit version, if available. So, no more trouble to
find R executables.
- There is no more need to copy Sweave.sty to a folder searched by
TeX, since RManager is able to retrieve its path and add it
permanently to the TEXINPUTS environmental variable.
- Now you have the possibility of compiling your Rnw files with
Sweave or knitr and then pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX them. All
compilers automatically patch the log and synctex files for
forward/inverse search between Rnw and pdf files and error log
- You can create a new R or Rnw document through the 'New'
drop-down button in the toolbar.
- The command 'Compile' (F9 shortcut) executes the chain knitr ->
PDFLaTeX, and it can be changed to Sweave through the command
'Select Weave Method'.
- An 'Rscript' item is added in the Execution Modes dialog, in case
one wants to customize the execution of Sweave and knitr.
- Apart from Rnw files, you can knit Rhtml, Rmd and Rrst files. In
the first two cases, the resulting html file is shown after the
- A few commands are there to facilitate the insertion of R code,
e.g. 'Insert Chunk' inserts a new R chunk ready to be filled.
- Chunk labels are collected in the Tree interface for easier
Visit http://www.winedt.org/Config/modes/RManager.php for more info
It is also recommended to carefully read the file Readme.txt
included in the package.
Best regards and enjoy RManager!
Gilbert and Karl