GKern | 1 May 22:13 2009

WDSCi remote systems preferences/options?

New pc required fresh install of WDSCi and help shows the following:

Version: 7.0.0
Build id: 20070202_0030

I saved and restored my preferences file and most of that is intact.

However under my Remote Systems Connections where my iSeries is defined, I 
(thought I) used to be able to right click on iSeries Objects and iSeries 
Commands and get options such as display and edit library list. When I do 
this now I don't get any options. 

Am I missing something here? 

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@...

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the 
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged 
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is 
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the 
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message.
(Continue reading)

Buck | 1 May 22:24 2009
Picon

Re: WDSCi remote systems preferences/options?

Jerry wrote:

> New pc required fresh install of WDSCi and help shows the following:
> 
> Version: 7.0.0
> Build id: 20070202_0030
> 
> I saved and restored my preferences file and most of that is intact.
> 
> However under my Remote Systems Connections where my iSeries is defined, I 
> (thought I) used to be able to right click on iSeries Objects and iSeries 
> Commands and get options such as display and edit library list. When I do 
> this now I don't get any options. 
> 
> Am I missing something here? 

Right click then Properties gets it for me.  7.0.0.8
  --buck
--

-- 
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
or email: WDSCI-L-request@...
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen | 1 May 22:47 2009

Re: WDSCi remote systems preferences/options?

GKern@... skrev:
> New pc required fresh install of WDSCi and help shows the following:
>
> Version: 7.0.0
> Build id: 20070202_0030
>
> I saved and restored my preferences file and most of that is intact.
>
> However under my Remote Systems Connections where my iSeries is defined, I 
> (thought I) used to be able to right click on iSeries Objects and iSeries 
> Commands and get options such as display and edit library list. When I do 
> this now I don't get any options. 
>
> Am I missing something here? 
>   
Updates... Lots and lots of them.  Start by updating the Installation 
Manager :-(

-- 
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"

--

-- 
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
or email: WDSCI-L-request@...
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

(Continue reading)

Spencer Elliott | 1 May 23:00 2009

Re: Is anyone using RTCi yet?

Yes, but I also think he said that they switched to straight JAZZ...

DeLong, Eric wrote:
> Well, not exactly true...  Bob mentioned that the Rdi team used RTCi... 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: wdsci-l-bounces@... [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@...]
> On Behalf Of Spencer Elliott
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:01 PM
> To: wdsci-l@...
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Is anyone using RTCi yet?
> 
> DeLong, Eric wrote:
>> I've been looking closely at IBMs Rational Team Concert for i, and was
>> wondering if anyone has actually used it.  It looks spectacular, what
>> I've seen of it.  I find the notion of agile development in RPG to be
>> quite appealing.  Any thoughts?
> 
> It appears that the real answer to your question Eric is... NO!
> 
> Spencer
--

-- 
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
or email: WDSCI-L-request@...
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

(Continue reading)

DeLong, Eric | 1 May 23:34 2009

Re: Is anyone using RTCi yet?

The build module is a separate install.  I believe the server install on
ii includes two downloads: Jazz Team Server for i, and Build System
Toolkit for i. 

Are you saying that the build module does not work, or is limited in
functionality?

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@... [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Spencer Elliott
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 4:07 PM
To: wdsci-l@...; Websphere Development Studio Client for
iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Is anyone using RTCi yet?

DeLong, Eric wrote:
> I've been looking closely at IBMs Rational Team Concert for i, and was
> wondering if anyone has actually used it.  It looks spectacular, what
> I've seen of it.  I find the notion of agile development in RPG to be
> quite appealing.  Any thoughts?

BTW,

I actually have RTCi installed and tried it, but like others am waiting 
until there is a build tool.

It looks extremely promising if it is not another DOA product.

(Continue reading)

Spencer Elliott | 1 May 23:07 2009

Re: Is anyone using RTCi yet?

DeLong, Eric wrote:
> I've been looking closely at IBMs Rational Team Concert for i, and was
> wondering if anyone has actually used it.  It looks spectacular, what
> I've seen of it.  I find the notion of agile development in RPG to be
> quite appealing.  Any thoughts?

BTW,

I actually have RTCi installed and tried it, but like others am waiting 
until there is a build tool.

It looks extremely promising if it is not another DOA product.

Spencer

--

-- 
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
or email: WDSCI-L-request@...
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

GKern | 2 May 21:12 2009

Re: WDSCi remote systems preferences/options?

I thought I was current. 

Installation manager says, under Modify Packages, Features:

IBM Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries 7.0.0.8.

Looking for updates doesn't offer any either....

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@...

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the 
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged 
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is 
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the 
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message.
--

-- 
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries  (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/wdsci-l
or email: WDSCI-L-request@...
(Continue reading)

Colpaert, Peter | 4 May 09:28 2009
Picon

Re: Why upgrade from WDSC to RDi?

The one big disadvantage of SEP debugging (in my opinion) is that it won't remember any added sources.

Our sources are on the development system, and if I want to debug a program on the production system, I have to
add - every time - the source member on the other system.

I understood that this was on the to-do list of the WDSCi team (?).

Peter Colpaert
Software Engineer, Philips Consumer Luminaires

Industrieterrein Satenrozen 11, 2550 Kontich, Belgium
Tel. +32/ 3 450 74 09, Fax +32/ 3 450 74 33, Internal 1317
peter.colpaert@..., www.philips.com

Simply Switch to printing double-sided and printing less

> -----Original Message-----
> From: wdsci-l-bounces@... [mailto:wdsci-l-
> bounces@...] On Behalf Of GKern@...
> Sent: donderdag 30 april 2009 17:38
> To: wdsci-l@...
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Why upgrade from WDSC to RDi?
>
> "Okay, what is SEP?"
>
> Service Entry Point - as noted by another respondent.
>
> This is the only way to debug programs nowadays, and this is especially
> true for batch jobs since SEP does all the service job tasks
> automatically. It also allows you to step in and out of modules &
(Continue reading)

Vern Hamberg | 4 May 14:09 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: Why upgrade from WDSC to RDi?

Peter

Isn't this the normal behavior when you specify *SOURCE for debug view? 
If I do that, then I need the source for any kind of debugging. That's 
one reason I use *ALL.

Now when we distribute product, we strip all debugging information. But 
I always have a fully-debuggable module around - well, for some stuff - 
and can get it to a production machine as needed for testing.

And *SOURCE on SQL modules is the same as *ALL, I'm told - could be 
wrong there, but it seems to work.

Regards
Vern

Colpaert, Peter wrote:
> The one big disadvantage of SEP debugging (in my opinion) is that it won't remember any added sources.
>
> Our sources are on the development system, and if I want to debug a program on the production system, I have
to add - every time - the source member on the other system.
>
> I understood that this was on the to-do list of the WDSCi team (?).
>
>
> Peter Colpaert
> Software Engineer, Philips Consumer Luminaires
>
> Industrieterrein Satenrozen 11, 2550 Kontich, Belgium
> Tel. +32/ 3 450 74 09, Fax +32/ 3 450 74 33, Internal 1317
(Continue reading)

Spencer Elliott | 4 May 15:17 2009

Re: Is anyone using RTCi yet?

Hi,
I am not familiar with the Build System Toolkit. I am looking for a 
replacement for ADM and the RTCi I tested is not there yet.

...and yes I have looked at all the change management products (too much 
and too costly)

JAZZ (RTCi) could really be the solution with a central repository for 
all i and non-i projects and the great project tracking.  It just needs 
a build tool that will automatically build dependent objects.

Spencer

DeLong, Eric wrote:
> The build module is a separate install.  I believe the server install on
> ii includes two downloads: Jazz Team Server for i, and Build System
> Toolkit for i. 
> 
> Are you saying that the build module does not work, or is limited in
> functionality?
> 
> Eric
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: wdsci-l-bounces@... [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@...]
> On Behalf Of Spencer Elliott
> Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 4:07 PM
> To: wdsci-l@...; Websphere Development Studio Client for
> iSeries
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Is anyone using RTCi yet?
(Continue reading)


Gmane