Java editor, many false indications
Now a curiosity more than anything else: my work problem is solved.
I created a stored procedure and wanted to test it. Fired up Codeedit
like always, created my Java that would exercise the SP, went to a
command line did javac, java and all was wonderful.
Got poked in the ribs to use WDSC, so I tried it and apparently made a
beginner's mistake of significant proportions. Went through RSE, Local,
browsed the tree to my .java file and edited it. Virtually every line
has some sort of error indication. There are no actual errors; the code
compiles through RSE via right click, compile, javac.
I can only assume (hah!) I've made the IDE dizzy by not using a Java
project, setting the classpath and all that. My clue is lines like
System.out.println("There were " + i + " rows returned.");
indicate 'System cannot be resolved.'
I'm not looking for a resolution, per se, since Codeedit works great in
this instance (open Windows explorer, double click, Open Command Window
Here...) I'm looking to understand how I would do an ad hoc
edit/compile/test cycle from a WDSC-centric point of view.
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@...
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,