Hiroshi Iwatani | 1 Mar 01:47 2004
Picon

Re: Multiple commands for -c option

 > I think this will work for you:
 >
 >       vi -c 'e ++enc=cp932 ..File..'
Yes.

gvim -c "e ++enc=cp932" file

does work. But only anxiety is whether this command could also
play the function of set fenc. In other words,

-c "set fenc=cp932" -c "e ++enc=cp932"

is unnecessarily redundant?

Yakov Lerner wrote:
> Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:
> 
>>> Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:
>>>
>>>> Could we specify two or more commands in the -c option?  If the
>>>> answer is yes, then how?
>>>>
>>>> Specifically I'd like to do:
>>>>
>>>> :set fenc=cp932
>>>>
>>>> and
>>>>
>>>> :e ++enc=cp932
> 
(Continue reading)

David Fishburn | 1 Mar 03:02 2004

RE: current cursor position to end of line


I think you are looking for \%#.

Another one that goes together with it is \%23c  (ie in the 23rd column).

:h ordinary-atom

Dave

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ITG Mailing List Subsctiber [mailto:itgmls <at> cdotb.ernet.in] 
> Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 12:43 PM
> To: vim <at> vim.org
> Subject: current cursor position to end of line
> 
> 
> Hi All,
>     I want to substitute a pattern from current cursor 
> position to the end of line.  How do I do it?
> 
> Regards,
> Seenu.
> -- 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> If not here, you can reach me at seenutn <at> ieee.org or seenutn <at> yahoo.com
> 
> C-DOT, 71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore - 560 052
> Ph: 226 3399 Ext: 268/Direct: 238 3951 (Off)   363 1707 (Resi)
> 
(Continue reading)

Antoine J. Mechelynck | 1 Mar 08:46 2004
Picon

Re: Multiple commands for -c option

Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03630 <at> nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
> > I think this will work for you:
>  >
>  >       vi -c 'e ++enc=cp932 ..File..'
> Yes.
>
> gvim -c "e ++enc=cp932" file
>
> does work. But only anxiety is whether this command could also
> play the function of set fenc. In other words,
>
> -c "set fenc=cp932" -c "e ++enc=cp932"
>
> is unnecessarily redundant?
[...]

Yes. ++enc sets the 'fileencoding' option for the file concerned (as with
:setlocal fileencoding), see ":help ++opt"

HTH,
Tony.

Ionutz Borcoman | 1 Mar 09:15 2004
Picon

Romanian IME on Windows XP

Hi,

I have some problem with the Windows IME on WIndows XP.

I am trying to write some text in Romanian using the windows IME. The 
problem is that, when I switch the IME and try to produce \u 0x015f I 
get \u 0x00ba.

I have attached a file to this e-mail to illustrate my problem. Lines 
3-6 where typed in VIM with the Romanian IME activated. Lines 10-13 
where typed using the same IME, but in Notepad.exe, then copyed from it 
and pasted in the VIM. Lines 3-6 should be identical with 10-13, but 
they aren't !

My questions are:

1. any ideea why is this happening ?
2. can this be solved without making a keymap for vim that translates \u 
0x00ba to \u 0x015f ?
3. should I make a keymap that translates \u 0x00ba to \u 0x0015f or 
ignore alltogether the windows IME and make a keymap that translates ';' 
to \u 015f, for example ?

TIA,

Ionutz

Ionutz Borcoman | 1 Mar 09:17 2004
Picon

Re: Romanian IME on Windows XP

Sorry, I've forgot to attach the file. Here it is.

TIA,

Ionutz

Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have some problem with the Windows IME on WIndows XP.
> 
> I am trying to write some text in Romanian using the windows IME. The 
> problem is that, when I switch the IME and try to produce \u 0x015f I 
> get \u 0x00ba.
> 
> I have attached a file to this e-mail to illustrate my problem. Lines 
> 3-6 where typed in VIM with the Romanian IME activated. Lines 10-13 
> where typed using the same IME, but in Notepad.exe, then copyed from it 
> and pasted in the VIM. Lines 3-6 should be identical with 10-13, but 
> they aren't !
> 
> My questions are:
> 
> 1. any ideea why is this happening ?
> 2. can this be solved without making a keymap for vim that translates \u 
> 0x00ba to \u 0x015f ?
> 3. should I make a keymap that translates \u 0x00ba to \u 0x0015f or 
> ignore alltogether the windows IME and make a keymap that translates ';' 
> to \u 015f, for example ?
(Continue reading)

Picon

Re: current cursor position to end of line

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Paul Jolly wrote:

> ITG Mailing List Subsctiber wrote:
> >     I want to substitute a pattern from current cursor position to the end
> > of line.  How do I do it?
>
> I am not certain I understand what you are trying to achieve.
>
> By replace do you mean "delete a matching pattern and place it at the
> end of the line"?
>
> Post an example of what you are trying to achieve and hopefully I will
> be able to get a better handle on the problem.

If I use

:s/<old pattern>/<new pattern>/g,

<old pattern> is substitued with <new pattern> for the entire line.  But
instead of doing so, I want to do substitution from current cursor
position to end of line.

Regards,
Seenu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If not here, you can reach me at seenutn <at> ieee.org or seenutn <at> yahoo.com

C-DOT, 71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore - 560 052
Ph: 226 3399 Ext: 268/Direct: 238 3951 (Off)   363 1707 (Resi)

(Continue reading)

A. S. Budden | 1 Mar 10:23 2004

Re: Ideal setup for LaTeX

Thus spake Avram Lyon:
> This is all I use, in my .vimrc. I'm not sure how you plan to see what 
> you've produced, if you don't have any graphics system
[snip]

If you use latex to make pdfs (e.g. latex,dvips -Ppdf, ps2pdf) then you
can use svp to view the resulting files (uses svgalib).  I seem to
remember it was a bit of a pain getting it to talk nicely with screen
though.  I gave up in the end and went for a nice minimal window manager
in X.

Al

Bram Moolenaar | 1 Mar 10:56 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: Romanian IME on Windows XP


Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> I have some problem with the Windows IME on WIndows XP.
> 
> I am trying to write some text in Romanian using the windows IME. The 
> problem is that, when I switch the IME and try to produce \u 0x015f I 
> get \u 0x00ba.
> 
> I have attached a file to this e-mail to illustrate my problem. Lines 
> 3-6 where typed in VIM with the Romanian IME activated. Lines 10-13 
> where typed using the same IME, but in Notepad.exe, then copyed from it 
> and pasted in the VIM. Lines 3-6 should be identical with 10-13, but 
> they aren't !
> 
> My questions are:
> 
> 1. any ideea why is this happening ?
> 2. can this be solved without making a keymap for vim that translates \u 
> 0x00ba to \u 0x015f ?
> 3. should I make a keymap that translates \u 0x00ba to \u 0x0015f or 
> ignore alltogether the windows IME and make a keymap that translates ';' 
> to \u 015f, for example ?

I don't know much about IME, but in order for someone to give you a
hint, you need to mention the relevant Vim settings.  Especially
'encoding' and other options starting with "im".

--

-- 
        **  Hello and Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline **
(Continue reading)

Antoine J. Mechelynck | 1 Mar 11:01 2004
Picon

Re: Romanian IME on Windows XP

Ionutz Borcoman <borco <at> go.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problem with the Windows IME on WIndows XP.
>
> I am trying to write some text in Romanian using the windows IME. The
> problem is that, when I switch the IME and try to produce \u 0x015f I
> get \u 0x00ba.
>
> I have attached a file to this e-mail to illustrate my problem. Lines
> 3-6 where typed in VIM with the Romanian IME activated. Lines 10-13
> where typed using the same IME, but in Notepad.exe, then copyed from
> it and pasted in the VIM. Lines 3-6 should be identical with 10-13,
> but they aren't !
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. any ideea why is this happening ?
> 2. can this be solved without making a keymap for vim that translates
> \u 0x00ba to \u 0x015f ?
> 3. should I make a keymap that translates \u 0x00ba to \u 0x0015f or
> ignore alltogether the windows IME and make a keymap that translates
> ';' to \u 015f, for example ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ionutz

I'm not sure what you call "Romanian IME". (I thought IM were only for
languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean.) If you mean the same thing as
(Continue reading)

Ionutz Borcoman | 1 Mar 11:26 2004
Picon

Re: Romanian IME on Windows XP

Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
> Ionutz Borcoman <borco <at> go.ro> wrote:
> 
> I'm not sure what you call "Romanian IME". (I thought IM were only for
> languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean.) If you mean the same thing as
> what I call the "International Keyboard" application, then I can tell you
> that Vim is not aware of it.

Yep, it was my mistake. I was thinking at the Romanian keyboard.

What I would like to have is to be able to rotate the keyboards from 
EN->RO->Japanese->EN when I press ALT-SPACE (I whant to be able to edit 
files that contain both Japanese and Romanian characters). I can do this 
in Notepad, and I was curious if I can do it in VIM.

I have attached my custom _vimrc to the e-mail. The script called in it 
is one of those you were talking about:

http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=789

I have also done my own romanian keymap, that does the translation 
between what the vim receives and what I was expecting it to receive, 
but I'm not sure yet that this is the 'right way'.

TIA,

Ionutz
source $VIM\_vimrc
(Continue reading)


Gmane