Charles E. Campbell | 1 Feb 05:12 2003
Picon

Re: Mines

Like Benji said, I hope that those choosing "life-changing" ratings
on Mines aren't *too* serious!  :)

Bram, Vim has been blowing up on me lately...

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--

-- 
        Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD            _   __   __
        Goddard Space Flight Center           / /_/\_\_/ /
        cec <at> NgrOyphSon.gPsfAc.nMasa.gov      /_/  \/_//_/
  PGP public key: http://www.erols.com/astronaut/pgp.html

Geoffrey Mann | 1 Feb 05:19 2003
Picon

Syntax Question


At the moment, in the sas.vim syntax file, a specific proc is specified as such:

syn region  sasProcs        start="PROC FORMAT" end="\W"

This is quite limiting because there might be two spaces or 3, who knows?  One thing I am sure of is that FORMAT
must follow PROC in order to be highlighted (although it could be on the next line).  I have been trying to
play with combinations of match, region and/or cluster to get this to work.  I have been trying to think of an
example syntax file which has this sort of highlighting characteristic but am coming up with butkus.  

Any hints?

Geoff

Anith C.R | 1 Feb 05:32 2003
Picon

Putting a value in excape mode.

Hi all,  
  If I am in escape mode. How do I paste the contents
of a variable "i" on to the file?

  Say in ex mode, I did :let i=20
  Now in escape mode, is there any way to paste the
value of i?
regds,
Anith.

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Gary Johnson | 1 Feb 05:43 2003

Re: Putting a value in excape mode.

On 2003-01-31, "Anith C.R" <cr_anith <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,  
>   If I am in escape mode. How do I paste the contents
> of a variable "i" on to the file?
> 
>   Say in ex mode, I did :let i=20
>   Now in escape mode, is there any way to paste the
> value of i?

Vim has no "escape mode" (see ":help vim-modes"), so I'm not sure
what you mean, but I'll assume that you mean "Insert mode".  In that
case, type Ctrl-R followed by

    =i

and Return.  See also ":help i_CTRL-R".

HTH,
Gary

--

-- 
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn <at> spk.agilent.com     | Spokane, Washington, USA

Anith C.R | 1 Feb 05:58 2003
Picon

Re: Putting a value in excape mode.

 I could use that in 'Insert' mode.  My actual
requirement is to paste it in normal mode (Sorry that
I mentioned it as escape mode... I use to mention that
way as I reach there by hitting the escape key :))

--- Gary Johnson <garyjohn <at> spk.agilent.com> wrote:
> On 2003-01-31, "Anith C.R" <cr_anith <at> yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,  
> >   If I am in escape mode. How do I paste the
> contents
> > of a variable "i" on to the file?
> > 
> >   Say in ex mode, I did :let i=20
> >   Now in escape mode, is there any way to paste
> the
> > value of i?
> 
> Vim has no "escape mode" (see ":help vim-modes"), so
> I'm not sure
> what you mean, but I'll assume that you mean "Insert
> mode".  In that
> case, type Ctrl-R followed by
> 
>     =i
> 
> and Return.  See also ":help i_CTRL-R".
> 
> HTH,
> Gary
(Continue reading)

Gary Johnson | 1 Feb 06:18 2003

Re: Putting a value in excape mode.

On 2003-01-31, "Anith C.R" <cr_anith <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I could use that in 'Insert' mode.  My actual
> requirement is to paste it in normal mode (Sorry that
> I mentioned it as escape mode... I use to mention that
> way as I reach there by hitting the escape key :))

OK, thanks for the clarification.  In that case, type

    "=i

followed by Return, then

    p

or 

    P

HTH better,
Gary

--

-- 
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn <at> spk.agilent.com     | Spokane, Washington, USA

Anith C.R | 1 Feb 06:31 2003
Picon

Re: Putting a value in excape mode.

Wonderful!!!!... Thanks a lot Gary... 
Also (just being a bit greedy ;)) is there any way to
print in bin/hex/oct fashion?
regds,
Anith.

--- Gary Johnson <garyjohn <at> spk.agilent.com> wrote:
> On 2003-01-31, "Anith C.R" <cr_anith <at> yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >  I could use that in 'Insert' mode.  My actual
> > requirement is to paste it in normal mode (Sorry
> that
> > I mentioned it as escape mode... I use to mention
> that
> > way as I reach there by hitting the escape key :))
> 
> OK, thanks for the clarification.  In that case,
> type
> 
>     "=i
> 
> followed by Return, then
> 
>     p
> 
> or 
> 
>     P
> 
> HTH better,
(Continue reading)

Sandip P Deshmukh | 1 Feb 06:46 2003

Re: abbreviations not working

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:00:39AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
> Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 09:05:48AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
> >
> >>    When I try this, I get "twelve " or, in your representation, 
> >>twelve space.  Was there anything before the "12"?  Perhaps you have a 
> >>conflicting map or abbreviation.
> >
> >well 1 2 was being typed at the beginning of the line. there was nothing
> >before it
> 
>      You snipped, and did not answer, the rest of my question.  What do 
> you get from these?

apologies. frankly, i did not understand you wanted me to do this.
> 
> :iab 1
> :iab 2
> :imap 1
> :imap 2
> :imap <Space>
> 
> >>>"This is for Latex editing
> >>>set sw=2
> >>>set iskeyword+=:
> >>
> >>    If you only want these settings for LaTeX, you could put them in 
> >>$HOME/.vim/ftplugin/latex.vim
> >
> >just these two lines?
(Continue reading)

Gary Johnson | 1 Feb 06:52 2003

Re: Putting a value in excape mode.

On 2003-01-31, "Anith C.R" <cr_anith <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wonderful!!!!... Thanks a lot Gary... 
> Also (just being a bit greedy ;)) is there any way to
> print in bin/hex/oct fashion?

You're most welcome.  There is no built-in way that I know of.  If
this is something you do often, you could write a function to do it.
There is an example at the top of

    :help eval-examples

Regards,
Gary

--

-- 
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn <at> spk.agilent.com     | Spokane, Washington, USA

Srinath Avadhanula | 1 Feb 09:42 2003

Re: abbreviations not working


Hello Sandip,

 From your .vimrc, I am guessing that you are using vim-latex. In this
case, that is what is causing the problem... Vim-latex maps the <space>
key, which breaks abbreviations. I might fix this in the future if I
find a good way of doing it (Its not really just vim-latex. If you had
mapped say \ to something, then 12\ wouldn't have expanded to twelve\).
In the meanwhile, here's what I suggest you can try doing in case you
use want to use vim-latex:

Put the line:

call IMAP('12 ', 'twleve ', '')

in ~/.vim/ftplugin/tex.vim

and

iab 12 twelve

in your ~/.vimrc. If in a vim session, you invoke latex-suite, it will
restore some functionality... Specifically, it will make 12<space>
expand to twelve<space>... Its not quite a vim abbreviation because 12\
will not expand to twelve\... but its a start anyway... If you never
edit a tex file in a vim session, the iab in your ~/.vimrc will do the
job a little better.

Let me know if this works....

(Continue reading)