richardetdave | 8 Oct 12:04 2010
Picon

[TeXmacs] .bib

(my message in french below)
 
Hello,
 
i am writing an article in french with a bibliography built with a bib file.
 
Somewhere in this bib file there is a
 
author = {X and Y and Z}
 
wich appears in english in my article :
X, Y and Z
 
i would like to ger the "and" in french, like
X, Y et Z
 
How can i do that ?
 
Thank you,
 
Richard Gomez
[version française]
 
Bonjour,
 
je suis en train d'écrire un article en français avec une biblio fabriquée à partir d'un ficher .bib.
 
Quelque part dans mon fichier bib j'ai mis
 
author = {X and Y and Z}
 
ce qui apparaît en anglais dans mon article :
X, Y and Z
 
alors que moi j'aimerais que le "and" apparaisse en français ! Comme : 
X, Y et Z
 
Comment obtenir un tel résultat ?
 
Merci de votre attention,
 
Richard Gomez
richardetdave | 11 Oct 16:21 2010
Picon

[TeXmacs] references + bib


Hello,
 
i have finished a document (book style) and i have a problem with the labels/references, only when it is a chapter or a section : when i insert it and type [enter], the number appears like " as we have seen in 3.4 " and it seems to be good...
 
... BUT when i export it as a PDF file, we read : " as we have seen in ? ".
 
I have tried to solve it by the "(mise à jour) (le tout)" in the french menu (sorry i type in french mode and i don't know the translation of this), but there is no way... Impossible to get a good PDF...
 
Could you help me please ?
 
THank you
 
Richard
 
PS. I didn't have any answer for this question :
-----E-mail d'origine-----
De : richardetdave <at> aol.com
A : texmacs-users <at> texmacs.org
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 8 Octobre 2010 12:04
Sujet : .bib

(my message in french below)
 
Hello,
 
i am writing an article in french with a bibliography built with a bib file.
 
Somewhere in this bib file there is a
 
author = {X and Y and Z}
 
wich appears in english in my article :
X, Y and Z
 
i would like to ger the "and" in french, like
X, Y et Z
 
How can i do that ?
 
Thank you,
 
Richard Gomez
[version française]
 
Bonjour,
 
je suis en train d'écrire un article en français avec une biblio fabriquée à partir d'un ficher .bib.
 
Quelque part dans mon fichier bib j'ai mis
 
author = {X and Y and Z}
 
ce qui apparaît en anglais dans mon article :
X, Y and Z
 
alors que moi j'aimerais que le "and" apparaisse en français ! Comme : 
X, Y et Z
 
Comment obtenir un tel résultat ?
 
Merci de votre attention,
 
Richard Gomez
sylvain | 12 Oct 20:24 2010

[TeXmacs] ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

Hi all!

I am pleased to announce the release of the texmacs-fedit (aka File
Editor) plug-in for Texmacs, dedicated to literate programming, with an
experimental plug-in for ATS.

If you are wondering what it is about, please check these samples:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/euler1.pdf/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/helloworldC.pdf/download

To use it, you must first install or download Texmacs.
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/download.en.html

The source of texmacs-fedit itself can be downloaded from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/

Then, please untar the source in $HOME/.Texmacs/plugins/ and
$make all

The dream is to get a productive development environment for the
advanced languages of the 21 century, such ATS, that are currently
hindered by the mono-dimensional programming ubiquitous today.

Some features that should be implemented to reach this objective are:
- conversion from the powerful mathematical typesetting of Texmacs into
the concrete syntax of the compiler.
- syntax highlighting.
- automatic completion (that may be done by leverage of existing REPL).
- nice style-sheets.
- importer from source code.
- other ideas are welcome, especially accompanied of patches :)
- you are also welcome to propose plug-ins for your favorite language.

There is still work to be done, some in the frame of Texmacs itself,
which is a great piece of software to hack on.

Spread the word! Everybody is welcome to join the fun!
Please send patches or request commit rights on:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/

Sylvain

Hongwei Xi | 12 Oct 22:34 2010

Re: ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

This sounds great! Thanks a lot for this effort.

I will give it try and possibly pass some suggestions/comments.
If you can get it to support something similar to the current
emacs mode for ATS, then I will be able to switch over immediately.

By the way, it would be really nice to develop a REPL front-end
for ATS in Texmacs :)

Cheers,

--Hongwei

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, sylvain wrote:

>>Hi all!
>>
>>I am pleased to announce the release of the texmacs-fedit (aka File
>>Editor) plug-in for Texmacs, dedicated to literate programming, with an
>>experimental plug-in for ATS.
>>
>>If you are wondering what it is about, please check these samples:
>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/euler1.pdf/download
>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/helloworldC.pdf/download
>>
>>To use it, you must first install or download Texmacs.
>>http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/download.en.html
>>
>>The source of texmacs-fedit itself can be downloaded from:
>>https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/
>>
>>Then, please untar the source in $HOME/.Texmacs/plugins/ and
>>$make all
>>
>>The dream is to get a productive development environment for the
>>advanced languages of the 21 century, such ATS, that are currently
>>hindered by the mono-dimensional programming ubiquitous today.
>> 
>>Some features that should be implemented to reach this objective are:
>>- conversion from the powerful mathematical typesetting of Texmacs into
>>the concrete syntax of the compiler.
>>- syntax highlighting.
>>- automatic completion (that may be done by leverage of existing REPL).
>>- nice style-sheets.
>>- importer from source code.
>>- other ideas are welcome, especially accompanied of patches :)
>>- you are also welcome to propose plug-ins for your favorite language.
>>
>>There is still work to be done, some in the frame of Texmacs itself,
>>which is a great piece of software to hack on.
>>
>>Spread the word! Everybody is welcome to join the fun!
>>Please send patches or request commit rights on:
>>https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/
>>
>>Sylvain

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful is writing same markup. Internet Explorer 9 supports
standards for HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1,  ECMAScript5, and DOM L2 & L3.
Spend less time writing and  rewriting code and more time creating great
experiences on the web. Be a part of the beta today.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb
Sam Liddicott | 13 Oct 16:14 2010
Face

Re: [TeXmacs] ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

I find it interesting, and am interested to see how it grows to support larger files.

I've worked on literate programming for the past 2 years, doing some significant projects; starting with noweb and LyX, and now writing my own noweb replacement in awk, and just moved to texmacs.

Can I refer you to this post here:
http://old.nabble.com/literate-programming-update-td29224392.html

and this sample PDF.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/download.php?file_id=21027

My code is pretty good on the code generation side (done in awk, was going to port to xslt (with texmacs tmml output) but consider doing it in scheme now direct from texmacs. Code completion is in the far distance for me; so maybe there is some opportunity for joint working?

Sam

On 12/10/10 19:24, sylvain wrote:
Hi all! I am pleased to announce the release of the texmacs-fedit (aka File Editor) plug-in for Texmacs, dedicated to literate programming, with an experimental plug-in for ATS. If you are wondering what it is about, please check these samples: http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/euler1.pdf/download http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/helloworldC.pdf/download To use it, you must first install or download Texmacs. http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/download.en.html The source of texmacs-fedit itself can be downloaded from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/ Then, please untar the source in $HOME/.Texmacs/plugins/ and $make all The dream is to get a productive development environment for the advanced languages of the 21 century, such ATS, that are currently hindered by the mono-dimensional programming ubiquitous today. Some features that should be implemented to reach this objective are: - conversion from the powerful mathematical typesetting of Texmacs into the concrete syntax of the compiler. - syntax highlighting. - automatic completion (that may be done by leverage of existing REPL). - nice style-sheets. - importer from source code. - other ideas are welcome, especially accompanied of patches :) - you are also welcome to propose plug-ins for your favorite language. There is still work to be done, some in the frame of Texmacs itself, which is a great piece of software to hack on. Spread the word! Everybody is welcome to join the fun! Please send patches or request commit rights on: https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/ Sylvain


--
Sam Liddicott | 13 Oct 16:16 2010
Face

Re: [TeXmacs] ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

I forgot to add that since my post I haven't been sitting idle; I've been porting the newfangle literate document from lyx to texmacs and am about to see i it can now generate itself from texmacs.

Sam

On 13/10/10 15:14, Sam Liddicott wrote:
I find it interesting, and am interested to see how it grows to support larger files.

I've worked on literate programming for the past 2 years, doing some significant projects; starting with noweb and LyX, and now writing my own noweb replacement in awk, and just moved to texmacs.

Can I refer you to this post here:
http://old.nabble.com/literate-programming-update-td29224392.html

and this sample PDF.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/download.php?file_id=21027

My code is pretty good on the code generation side (done in awk, was going to port to xslt (with texmacs tmml output) but consider doing it in scheme now direct from texmacs. Code completion is in the far distance for me; so maybe there is some opportunity for joint working?

Sam

On 12/10/10 19:24, sylvain wrote:
Hi all! I am pleased to announce the release of the texmacs-fedit (aka File Editor) plug-in for Texmacs, dedicated to literate programming, with an experimental plug-in for ATS. If you are wondering what it is about, please check these samples: http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/euler1.pdf/download http://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/examples/helloworldC.pdf/download To use it, you must first install or download Texmacs. http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/download.en.html The source of texmacs-fedit itself can be downloaded from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/files/ Then, please untar the source in $HOME/.Texmacs/plugins/ and $make all The dream is to get a productive development environment for the advanced languages of the 21 century, such ATS, that are currently hindered by the mono-dimensional programming ubiquitous today. Some features that should be implemented to reach this objective are: - conversion from the powerful mathematical typesetting of Texmacs into the concrete syntax of the compiler. - syntax highlighting. - automatic completion (that may be done by leverage of existing REPL). - nice style-sheets. - importer from source code. - other ideas are welcome, especially accompanied of patches :) - you are also welcome to propose plug-ins for your favorite language. There is still work to be done, some in the frame of Texmacs itself, which is a great piece of software to hack on. Spread the word! Everybody is welcome to join the fun! Please send patches or request commit rights on: https://sourceforge.net/projects/texmacs-fedit/ Sylvain


--


--
sylvain | 14 Oct 13:19 2010

Re: [TeXmacs] ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

Hi,

Your project is great. I apologise for not having discovered it before. 

One of the fun of computing is that people can find very technically
different solutions to the same problem. This is yet another example.

We both wanted to be able to do the same: write program code in
Texmacs. 

You seem to be very knowledgeable about literate programming à la
Knuth. I am more used to Integrated Development Environment like
Eclipse, that I love because of the productivity it allows.

So, you asked yourself the question: how can I put markups in a Texmacs
document so that my external program can extract it? User inserts code
fragment in an arbitrary order and runs "make", which calls an external
tool, that extracts the code, make compiles it. And your project does
exactly that.

I asked rather the question: how can I get Texmacs to extract the code,
compile it and insert the result so that I can have fast round-trip? 

texmacs-fedit leverages the plug-in infrastructure to do exactly that. 

The project is structured so that one can add a specialized plug-in for
a dedicated language. It is possible to parse the output of the compiler
to, for example, highlight the location of an error.

Another problem I wanted to try to solve is to explore the possibility
to convert Texmacs advanced typesetting into one-lined ASCII concrete
syntax understood by a compiler. I believe the one-dimensional one-line
input from the good old 70's is holding us back. Not when you program in
traditional languages, but when you want to program in modern languages
like ATS, whose text source, when forced to be one-dimensional, become
rapidly unreadable. Other languages I can think of that would benefit of
that are Agda and Haskell.
(The trouble is, I am stuck with a bug in my version of Texmacs
(1.0.7.3, Ubuntu) and didn't made much progress on this front.)

I personally hate duplication of effort. If it was clear-cut that your
project has the best approach to reach these goals, I would drop fedit
down right-away. But I am not convinced of that. Rather I think that
both answer to different use-cases and are valuable. In that sense we
didn't wasted our time, neither you nor me.

Ideally, we would merge both projects, but I don't see for now how it
could be done, since they have taken radically different technical ways.
If you have an idea, let me know.

Greetings,
Sylvain

Sam Liddicott | 14 Oct 13:24 2010
Face

Re: [TeXmacs] ANNOUNCE: texmacs-fedit plug-in

I think we understand each-other well.

You raise the same concerns I have with literate programming generally, meaningful representation of code blocks that can still be handled by compilers, and finally how our different efforts address the problems.

I will admit that I have just taken Ramsey's noweb work and made it work better ( think), and now porting to texmacs (whose macros - lovely edit-time macros) make it so much better than lyx.

I think we just carry on and watch each-other and talk from time to time.

Sam

On 14/10/10 12:19, sylvain wrote:
Hi, Your project is great. I apologise for not having discovered it before. One of the fun of computing is that people can find very technically different solutions to the same problem. This is yet another example. We both wanted to be able to do the same: write program code in Texmacs. You seem to be very knowledgeable about literate programming à la Knuth. I am more used to Integrated Development Environment like Eclipse, that I love because of the productivity it allows. So, you asked yourself the question: how can I put markups in a Texmacs document so that my external program can extract it? User inserts code fragment in an arbitrary order and runs "make", which calls an external tool, that extracts the code, make compiles it. And your project does exactly that. I asked rather the question: how can I get Texmacs to extract the code, compile it and insert the result so that I can have fast round-trip? texmacs-fedit leverages the plug-in infrastructure to do exactly that. The project is structured so that one can add a specialized plug-in for a dedicated language. It is possible to parse the output of the compiler to, for example, highlight the location of an error. Another problem I wanted to try to solve is to explore the possibility to convert Texmacs advanced typesetting into one-lined ASCII concrete syntax understood by a compiler. I believe the one-dimensional one-line input from the good old 70's is holding us back. Not when you program in traditional languages, but when you want to program in modern languages like ATS, whose text source, when forced to be one-dimensional, become rapidly unreadable. Other languages I can think of that would benefit of that are Agda and Haskell. (The trouble is, I am stuck with a bug in my version of Texmacs (1.0.7.3, Ubuntu) and didn't made much progress on this front.) I personally hate duplication of effort. If it was clear-cut that your project has the best approach to reach these goals, I would drop fedit down right-away. But I am not convinced of that. Rather I think that both answer to different use-cases and are valuable. In that sense we didn't wasted our time, neither you nor me. Ideally, we would merge both projects, but I don't see for now how it could be done, since they have taken radically different technical ways. If you have an idea, let me know. Greetings, Sylvain


--
sylvain | 14 Oct 19:49 2010

[TeXmacs] Please help / how to implement syntax highlighting?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to implement syntax highlighting for ATS
in Texmacs.

There is references to be found about a supposedly good tutorial on
style sheets, but it is not available anymore.
(was at http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf)

I have tried to found examples in Texmacs source, but this is a big
program.

Simply said, I am stuck. I would really need a hint to get started.
Is there a tutorial or an example somewhere that could help me?

Please!

Thanks in advance,
Sylvain

Joris van der Hoeven | 14 Oct 22:39 2010

Re: [TeXmacs] Please help / how to implement syntax highlighting?

Dear Sylvain,

An efficient low-level mechanism for syntax highlighting is work in progress.
The next version should contain sufficient support for most purposes;
you can try it by using the SVN version: by typing '\minimal return',
you can type some text in a minimal programming language whose
formal syntax is defined in TeXmacs/progs/language/minimal.scm,
which also contains primitives for syntax highlighting.
The syntax corresponds to a packrat grammar.

You may contribute by adding grammars for increasingly complex languages:
starting with Makefiles and bash, you might add C, java, C++, ...
This would be a very useful contribution.

Best wishes, --Joris

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 07:49:30PM +0200, sylvain wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am trying to figure out how to implement syntax highlighting for ATS
> in Texmacs.
> 
> There is references to be found about a supposedly good tutorial on
> style sheets, but it is not available anymore.
> (was at http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf)
> 
> I have tried to found examples in Texmacs source, but this is a big
> program.
> 
> Simply said, I am stuck. I would really need a hint to get started.
> Is there a tutorial or an example somewhere that could help me?
> 
> Please!
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> Sylvain
> 


Gmane