Vaclav Slavik | 1 Jul 14:58 2007

[poedit-users] ANN: poedit 1.3.7

Hi,

after two pre-releases, I finally uploaded "real" 1.3.7 release. 
Changes include:

- Windows: Windows 95/98 is no longer supported by the official binary
- OS X: poEdit is now built as Universal binary
- fixed the Preferences menu entry in catalogs manager
- fixed to handle file references with Windows paths on Unix
- fixed the "failed to convert to unicode" bug when saving (#1589744)
- OS X: fixed clicking on PO files in Finder (#1583967)
- fixed opening source files in external editor if the path contains
  spaces (#1743172)
- Windows: fixed keyboard navigation in Find dialog (#1697743)
- added more translations:
     Urdu (Muhammad Shakir Aziz)

Regards,
Vaclav

--

-- 
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
(Continue reading)

Michael MH | 3 Jul 09:06 2007
Picon

Re: [poedit-users] How to scan HTML files with other keywords?

Am 30.06.2007 23:00, Axel Wüstemann schrieb/wrote:
>> I suggest you start by reading the included Gettext docs, then realize 
>> that xgettext (which you probably left as the scanner executable) 
>> really cannot automagically understand the weird syntax of yours. 
>> Then you have two options: either change your templates to conform to 
>> the way Gettext works and work with xgettext, or write your own 
>> scanner that will handle this syntax.
>>
> The ## markers were working well with Smarty...

Axel,

at the Smarty website I searched for "gettext" and got no results. Maybe
that template engine is not well prepared for gettext localization?

In general: poedit assist the user in creating a .po/.mo file, which in
turn is used by the gettext('keyword') function [included in PHP for
example; _('keyword') is a common alias function name] to retrieve the
localized term for the current 'keyword'. It does not *translate* any files.

> I now changed my templates in several ways:
> 
> <h1>_("Benutzer")</h1>

Almost:

<h1><?php echo _("Benutzer"); ?></h1>

would allow poedit with correct settings to parse the keyword 'Benutzer'.

(Continue reading)

Axel Wüstemann | 3 Jul 11:15 2007
Picon

Re: [poedit-users] How to scan HTML files with other keywords?

Michael MH schrieb:
> 
> at the Smarty website I searched for "gettext" and got no results. Maybe
> that template engine is not well prepared for gettext localization?
> 
> In general: poedit assist the user in creating a .po/.mo file, which in
> turn is used by the gettext('keyword') function [included in PHP for
> example; _('keyword') is a common alias function name] to retrieve the
> localized term for the current 'keyword'. It does not *translate* any files.
> 
>> I now changed my templates in several ways:
>>
>> <h1>_("Benutzer")</h1>
> 
> Almost:
> 
> <h1><?php echo _("Benutzer"); ?></h1>
> 
> would allow poedit with correct settings to parse the keyword 'Benutzer'.
> 
> But again: Without the application being prepared for gettext()
> localization it is of no use. A search for "smarty gettext" might help you.
> 
Thank you Michel,

what I want to achieve is, that poEdit collects the string. I extended 
Smarty already for translating the strings and it works fine. But poEdit 
would not find my strings.

Why it must be <h1><?php echo _("Benutzer"); ?></h1> instead of only 
(Continue reading)

Werner F. Bruhin | 3 Jul 12:25 2007
Picon

Re: [poedit-users] How to scan HTML files with other keywords?

Hi Axel,

Axel Wüstemann wrote:
> Michael MH schrieb:
>   
>> at the Smarty website I searched for "gettext" and got no results. Maybe
>> that template engine is not well prepared for gettext localization?
>>
>> In general: poedit assist the user in creating a .po/.mo file, which in
>> turn is used by the gettext('keyword') function [included in PHP for
>> example; _('keyword') is a common alias function name] to retrieve the
>> localized term for the current 'keyword'. It does not *translate* any files.
>>
>>     
>>> I now changed my templates in several ways:
>>>
>>> <h1>_("Benutzer")</h1>
>>>       
>> Almost:
>>
>> <h1><?php echo _("Benutzer"); ?></h1>
>>
>> would allow poedit with correct settings to parse the keyword 'Benutzer'.
>>
>> But again: Without the application being prepared for gettext()
>> localization it is of no use. A search for "smarty gettext" might help you.
>>
>>     
> Thank you Michel,
>
(Continue reading)

Werner F. Bruhin | 3 Jul 12:42 2007
Picon

[poedit-users] Can not open files with gvim

When I right click on an entry and want to edit a file (listed under 
References) with gvim I get an error that the source file is not found.

However if I use the following on the command line (Win Vista) it works 
fine.

C:\>"C:\Program Files\Vim\vim63\gvim.exe" +365 
"C:\Dev\BoaTest04\errorDialog\dialogerror.py"

This is with poEdit 1.3.7 (final).

BTW, I can also update the catalog in question without any problems.

Werner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
Vaclav Slavik | 3 Jul 12:48 2007

Re: [poedit-users] Can not open files with gvim

Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> When I right click on an entry and want to edit a file (listed
> under References) with gvim I get an error that the source file is
> not found.

Well, how did you configure the editor in preferences?

Did you try some other editor? You say it doesn't work "with gvim", 
does it mean it works with others?

Did you verify the path passed to gvim is correct? I.e. is the file 
name shown in right-click popup menu relative to the location of 
your .po file? Or to the "base path" if you're using poedit's 
catalogs update function?

Can the file be opened in the builtin file viewer?

Regards,
Vaclav

--

-- 
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
(Continue reading)

Werner F. Bruhin | 3 Jul 13:56 2007
Picon

Re: [poedit-users] Can not open files with gvim - solved

Hi Vaclav,

Vaclav Slavik wrote:
> Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
>   
>> When I right click on an entry and want to edit a file (listed
>> under References) with gvim I get an error that the source file is
>> not found.
>>     
>
> Well, how did you configure the editor in preferences?
>   
It is set as:
gvim +%l %f

Which I believe is the default, no?

Just did a little test on my Win XP machine where I had poEdit 1.3.2 and 
I could edit, then installed 1.3.7 final and it still worked.

So, started to look at how things are setup and the problem is solved by 
changing the above to:

"C:\Program Files\Vim\vim63\gvim" +%l %f

> Can the file be opened in the builtin file viewer?
>   
How do I access this?

Best regards
(Continue reading)

Vaclav Slavik | 3 Jul 15:52 2007

Re: [poedit-users] Can not open files with gvim - solved

Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> > Can the file be opened in the builtin file viewer?
> >  
>
> How do I access this?

Preferences -> Editor -> External editor -> uncheck "Open source files 
in editor, not in file viewer".

Vaclav

--

-- 
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Poedit-users mailing list
Poedit-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/poedit-users
Werner F. Bruhin | 20 Jul 10:31 2007
Picon

[poedit-users] Any chance of flagging errors as shown in the attached log

First of all what do the number giving e.g. 4148 or 4264 correspond to.
I thought they would be the line numbers shown in poEdit but they are
off by a few.

Any chance of flagging those as bad tokens in the UI?

Best regards
Werner

P.S. this is with poEdit 1.3.7

10:03:47: C:\Dev\TheWineCellarBookv2\Program\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES\twcb.po:4148: `msgid' and
`msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
10:03:47: C:\Dev\TheWineCellarBookv2\Program\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES\twcb.po:4264: 'msgstr' is
not a valid Python format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: The string refers to arguments both through
argument names and through unnamed argument specifications.
10:03:47: msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Poedit-users mailing list
Poedit-users@...
(Continue reading)

Vaclav Slavik | 20 Jul 10:33 2007

Re: [poedit-users] Any chance of flagging errors as shown in the attached log

Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> Any chance of flagging those as bad tokens in the UI?

Yes -- eventually. Unless somebody submits a patch, that is. There 
used to be code to do this by calling msgfmt, but it was unusably 
slow and full of problems.

Vaclav

--

-- 
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Poedit-users mailing list
Poedit-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/poedit-users

Gmane